Royal Gossip
May 25, 2019, 10:39:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camilla identifies with Catherine Parr another rewriting of history  (Read 3690 times)
sandy
Princess

« on: April 04, 2013, 03:10:24 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2303888/Camilla-Duchess-Cornwall-hints-affinity-Henry-VIIIs-wife-Katherine-Parr-married-twice-Tudor-king-new-book-The-Spice-Of-Wisdom.html

Note to DM Catherine Parr was  not a divorcee nor a homewrecker.  Nauseating article.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 03:23:02 pm »

The Duchess of Cornwall and her links to a 'passionate' previous royal consort
The Duchess of Cornwall has written a foreword to a collection of prayers by Katherine Parr, a previous royal consort with whom she appears to share a number of parallels.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9968965/The-Duchess-of-Cornwall-and-her-links-to-a-passionate-previous-royal-consort.html

well it is really the reverend who says these things unless she also mentions that in the foreword, or am I confused?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 03:30:49 pm »

Camilla is in fantasy land. Some spinner of Charles must be using this to try to promote Camilla. Not working for me.

Catherine was a respectable woman and a twice widowed woman when she married Henry. She was a lot more and I mean a LOT more intellectual than Camilla ever could be.

I doubt William and Harry spend much time with this woman.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 06:06:04 pm »

I read somewhere that Catherine Parr was in the throes of an affair with one of the Seymour brothers when Henry decided he wanted her for himself.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 06:44:15 pm »

Yeah, she was wild about Thomas Seymour.

Camilla is beyond delusional.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 06:59:30 pm »

She and Thomas wanted to get married but Henry claimed her as his bride and this was the King after all.. I doubt they had a physical affair prior to her marrying Henry. Thomas turned out to be a real lemon of a husband to her when they eventually married.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 07:33:13 pm »

Alexandrine is correct, there are two sides of that Catherine Parr story, some historians say she was havng a real affair with him. I suppose we will never know for sure.

Still Camilla is quite delusional if she thinks connecting herself to Catherine Parr (Henry's last steadfast wife who history writes of respectfully) will ever be put her on the same level.

I think Camilla may actually have a familial link to Catherine Parr or one of Henry's other wives somewhere though? Not that that means anything for her image either.  bored3

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 07:38:35 pm »

^^ hey I have no idea on Henry's wife lives  tehe

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 07:46:05 pm »

Henry did tend to investigate his wives' pasts. Before she married Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn was said to have been intimate with and wanted to marry Henry Percy. He used this against her when he wanted to get rid of her. I think he investigated Catherine --if she had been intimate with Thomas that perhaps may have disqualified her as a wife for him.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 08:20:59 pm »

Revolting. nervous
Catherine Parr , besides intelligent and trustworthy, was someone who believed in the unity of a family.
Thanks to her Henry and his children could finally enjoy family life.
She kept looking out for his children and had their best interests at heart.
What a difference with a ruthless homewrecker who basicaly  robbed PC's sons of a loving home and possibly more brothers and sisters because Camzilla forbade PC to have more children with Diana.
She did NOT allow them to try for the daughter they both wanted. ick
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 10:29:17 pm »

Henry did tend to investigate his wives' pasts. Before she married Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn was said to have been intimate with and wanted to marry Henry Percy. He used this against her when he wanted to get rid of her. I think he investigated Catherine --if she had been intimate with Thomas that perhaps may have disqualified her as a wife for him.

Catherine Parr was well liked, she was viewed as a stable asset.  Henry's men with their own interests, in his court sometimes hid things from him, or didn't bring it into the equation.   Young, Katherine Howard is an example, she supposedly had had lovers prior to HenryVIII (according to many historians) but those in his court who investigated her, came back  to the court telling HenryVIII that she was a Virgin. She later had her head cut off when Henry found she wasn't and was having an affair.

Historians give different details on Catherine Parr concerning an affair with Thomas Seymour. Some historians say she did , some dispell that and say she didn't.

I find that some historians believe Catherine Parr may have had some sort of affair with Seymour and  but then some say she didn't.  

Still Camilla is dreaming if she is somehow trying to compare herself to regal, steadfast Parr.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:31:20 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
berlin
Countess

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 01:33:47 am »

It would better if she keeps her mouth shut. She'll never be a Queen Mother figure, and she'll certainly never be an intellectual like Parr. 

Very revealing comment, and I am not surprised as I've heard similar before:
Many of my friends served in the Army under her husband when he was their commanding officer. They don't have a single positive or nice word to say about Camilla. As the CO's wife she was arrogant, rude, pompous and very very full of herself. This madam is very good at playing the part when it suits her, and I'm sick to death of the Clarence House PR machine trying to paint her as something else. She knows how to salve Charles' ego, that's the only reason she's accepted into the royal household.
- Ex Military, UK tax paying, Ex Pat, Anywhere other than The UK, 4/4/2013 11:33

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2303888/Camilla-Duchess-Cornwall-hints-affinity-Henry-VIIIs-wife-Katherine-Parr-married-twice-Tudor-king-new-book-The-Spice-Of-Wisdom.html#ixzz2PXp5WaaN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 02:38:04 am »

Is living with Charles really that bad?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 02:52:11 am »

I wonder when someone will write a book about Camila's life. She stepped on a lot of toes, to get to Charles. Kanga couldn't stand her and there are a few other ladies around Charles wider circle who have known Camila for years. I wonder if someone is holding onto a book or information waiting to release it?  huh

[/URL]
sandy
Princess

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 02:17:40 pm »

Catherine Parr was well liked, she was viewed as a stable asset.  Henry's men with their own interests, in his court sometimes hid things from him, or didn't bring it into the equation.   Young, Katherine Howard is an example, she supposedly had had lovers prior to HenryVIII (according to many historians) but those in his court who investigated her, came back  to the court telling HenryVIII that she was a Virgin. She later had her head cut off when Henry found she wasn't and was having an affair.

Historians give different details on Catherine Parr concerning an affair with Thomas Seymour. Some historians say she did , some dispell that and say she didn't.

I find that some historians believe Catherine Parr may have had some sort of affair with Seymour and  but then some say she didn't.  

Still Camilla is dreaming if she is somehow trying to compare herself to regal, steadfast Parr.

Yes, Henry was besotted with Katherine Howard who was called "the rose without a thorn."  For a time he was happy with her. Anne Boleyn's ex sister in law Lady Rochford would bring about private trysts with Culpepper and Katherine Howard and Henry had her executed for her complicity.
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 04:58:44 pm »

Catherine Parr was a widow. She was highly educated and pious. She was a patient, principled and loving wife to Henry and good to her stepchildren, supervising the youngest's education. She was reluctant to marry Henry, having hopes to marry Thomas Seymour. However, Henry wanted to marry her so she did her duty.

Good Lord, how on earth can Camilla find any similarities to this woman?

Dream on.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 06:53:49 pm »

I wonder when someone will write a book about Camila's life. She stepped on a lot of toes, to get to Charles. Kanga couldn't stand her and there are a few other ladies around Charles wider circle who have known Camila for years. I wonder if someone is holding onto a book or information waiting to release it?  huh

aren't there many bios of her already?

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 07:04:49 pm »

I'm not sure. Most of the books are mainly about Diana or Charles and include Camilla (of course.)

There might be some but I'm just not aware?

Quote from: sandy link=topic=6238.msg178783#msg178783
date=1365167860

Yes, Henry was besotted with Katherine Howard who was called "the rose without a thorn."  For a time he was happy with her. Anne Boleyn's ex sister in law Lady Rochford would bring about private trysts with Culpepper and Katherine Howard and Henry had her executed for her complicity.

And some in his court knew she (KH) had also had an affair before Henry and wasn't a virgin, but passed her off as such to Henry.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:09:09 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
sandy
Princess

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 07:21:11 pm »

The Howard family knew all too well about her past. But some historians said they would have been willing to go along with a charade of passing off a child she might have had with another man as Henry's. They were so ambitious.

There are two Camilla biographies that I know of--one of them was serialized in Majesty Magazine a few years ago.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 07:25:08 pm »

I'll look for the book sandy, Thank u.  Hi

I bought a book on her relatives the Keppell's ,what I've read of them so far is eyeopening.

[/URL]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: