Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 09:59:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Resemblance between Kate and Crown Princess Mary?  (Read 7792 times)
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 10:44:35 pm »

Well said Contessa   thankyou
Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 10:45:54 pm »

Unfortunately, I do not see the worth of Mary as you do, especially as she seems to wear mostly non-Danish brands.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. BFF2
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 10:50:17 pm »

That's ok, afterall, that's what forums are for and we do it so nicely Kiss
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 10:52:32 pm »

I don't know why anyone should feel sorry for Mary or any of the other princesses they made their bed so now they must lie in it. They knew where they were getting into.  dontknow

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 10:59:10 pm »

Mia, I had heard the bar story before, minus the motive of going to snag a royal. I guess she could be in love with the ideal of the role, rather than the prince himself. I have certain categories I'd like a man to fit in, prior to deciding whether or not I'd want to be in a relationship with him(a titled royal is not one of the categories though). However, if someone mentions the word philanthropist, my curiosity is peaked and I most certainly would at least attempt to carry on a conversation with the said man. Am I an opportunist? I don't think so, but I don't run into many philanthropists without purposely going to places where they are (charity events), yet they are not the only reason I'd go to a charity event and I would never go to an event just because a certain someone was going to be there.  Am I social climber? No. I'm not looking for status, just a man with goodwill & a sense of social justice. I am altruistic and look for the same in any man I'd date. So maybe Mary has a thing for princes and she talked with each of them to discover which one most fit her ideal!?  dontknow Kate went after William specifically, without really knowing him as a person, whereas, Mary seemed to have a general category, imo. There's just something about Mary (pun intended) that makes me think she was/is not driven by ulterior motives, but I could be overlooking her true nature. And I do think going after a titled man & his money is inherently wrong!

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 11:07:17 pm »

Lieblich:  Yes, we will certainly agree to disagree.  Incidentally Mary has often been seen in Danish designs and they have been identified as being Danish designers.  I would never have heard of any Danish designer but for her and noting the name of the person who designed her outfit. Result?  I know about a Belgian designer whose close are worn by all the royal ladies of the Benelux countries.  I happen to like his clothes.  I like nearly all the clothes Mary wears. Not so keen on Letizia.  But I know who designs many of the clothes worn by Queen Silvia.  Very elegant.  Evidently the Duchess of Gloucester likes them too  It all comes down to personal choice, at least for me, but Mary, Marie and Alexandra do a great job for Danish fashion  Give the girl a chance!!!
Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 11:11:11 pm »

^ As I said, Mosaic, agree to disagree.  The other royal families, I read and debate about at other forum.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 11:49:37 pm »

Unfortunately, I do not see the worth of Mary as you do, especially as she seems to wear mostly non-Danish brands.
We will have to agree to disagree on that one. BFF2
yup, she likes Prada a lot as in a lot   easter-lol resemblance in what way, situation or facial?
Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 11:51:32 pm »

Do most royals only wear clothing made in their representative country?

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 05:57:33 pm »

They're supposed to.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
June
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 12:22:12 am »

It is a fact that Mary was a social climber, so defined. All one needs to do is research Mary's life before she married the helpless and hapless Fred. Fred just didn't pick Mary out in the crowd of a posh Sydney pub - she never had the head-turning looks for such a thing to happen, where beautiful girls, models and the like, line the walls of such establishments - as the media tries to persuade; she was with people connected to European royalty, by whatever means.

Mary came from Australia's bogan and much maligned state, Tasmania, whereupon she couldn't wait to get out of there to move upward via Melbourne, followed by the "big fish", Sydney. Everyone in Oz knows that Sydney is where all the action is; if you haven't made it in Sydney, then you are nobody.

Mary paid massive rent in one of the most posh areas of Sydney (very close to where I reside, actually, because I was BORN AND RAISED in this area, not because I particularly aspire to reside with the "beautiful people" a la Mary Donaldson). She was a real party girl about town, wannabe starlet, except she didn't possess the looks required for that. So, Mary had to get very inventive with her networking. Kudos to her, because it paid off big time, hence my admiration for her, by reason that she got what she wanted in life.

I see some good things in Mary, I really do - she was a "go-getter" just for starters. But, please, let us not "gild the lily" - the girl was a Grade A Opportunist, on the make, and seeking the limelight. All of her career choices prove me right, followed by the company she kept, and still keeps. Not one of her friends could be considered ordinary. I doubt she was even capable of practising law, for which she didn't qualify, because her head was always in the clouds. The hard grind and reality of law was too dull for Mary, who wanted a life of glamour, admiration, limelight and riches. She struck gold.

It's very rare in my country for a person with a law degree to move into something as shallow and superficial as advertising and real estate. This is something I know a thing or two about. Lawyers do quit, of course, but many with a flair for writing, tend pursue that, or similar career paths. It's as though Mary just got the law degree to give herself some social respectability and to lend an air of credibility, so that she could hatch her more covert plans of serious social status.

I've always viewed Mary as being very cunning and conniving, actually, because she presented as something she most clearly is not - a woman of substance and humility.

People with real humility don't work in advertising or real estate. NOTHING in Mary's background suggests the image that has been portrayed of her - quite the opposite, actually. The woman has been full of contradictions from the outset, which is hardly surprising.

Now, as for Kate being similar to Mary: I totally agree, with the exception that Mary was willing to work really hard for her dreams, and was independent (to a degree). In many respects, Kate is more honest about her intentions.
Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 12:57:07 am »

thankyou your analysis sounds like a fair appraisal of Mary. I think what I'm seeing most is that she seems a fit for her current role. What do you think about the possibility she is a "princess" at heart? I contemplate this from the perspective of Jungian psychology and archetypes. Is it possible she is now living the life she was meant to lead? I really am wondering, as I see an innocence in her that I cannot explain. ...

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 03:17:12 am »

June, is it Mosman?
I live in Newcastle.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: