Royal Gossip
July 22, 2017, 09:45:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letizia's Attitude & Behaviour  (Read 13310 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2013, 04:48:26 pm »

That was meant ot be a bit of a jest, an irony given my poshy avatar!

I just am sick and tired of the holy glorification of commoner brides as being better than born royals. Queen Sofia was a princess of Greece and has become a legend in her lifetime, Prince Philip has been incredibly supportive and there for HM, meanwhile Mathilde is scandal/baggage free and CP Stephanie has been problem free.

Yet, now, Mette is a leeching disgrace, Mary (Denmark) a walking parody like Kate and the others are just drama queens.

I'm sick and tired of seeing royal lineage being the main issue to people; it's behavior, not lineage that has made a mess of a lot of past marriages.

Leti symbolizes her own unique problem I have with the glorification of commoner brides; she has the gall to look down on spending time with people like nuns or the people cutting ribbons and making appearances as if she has to work on treaties later and has to solve several world plagues.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
thekitchenmaid
gossip insider

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2013, 05:10:52 pm »

Prince Philip has been incredibly supportive and there for HM .....

True.  And although he was of royal lineage he didn't have a privileged childhood.  He was shunted about between his older married sisters for much of his childhood and adolescence and he had no consistent parent-figure who was looking out for him.  There's a much-repeated story of him having to save his birthday money for a new coat. He must have felt as if he had no home.  His mother apparently had serious mental problems and although she did a lot of good, especially during WW11 when she aided Jewish refugees, she was seen as seriously weird by the RF.  At the Coronation she is the lone 'nun' walking in the Abbey procession.  To their credit the RF gave her a home in Buckingham Palace and took care of her. 

Phil has his issues but on the whole I think history will judge him kindly. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2013, 05:25:28 pm »

I'm tired of seeing lineage held responsible instead of actions and decisions.

How supportive of Felipe has Leti been? He looked stressed and aged horribly and she looks and seems to act more and more adolescent.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2013, 05:36:52 pm »

That was meant ot be a bit of a jest, an irony given my poshy avatar!

Ooops! my apologies.  sorry I didn't understand your jest. It happens sometimes, when one reads a language that is not one's native tongue.
 Embarrassed

BTW...that Mary of Denmark seems such a pain. Worse than KM.
Look at her here geez! what a stuck up face.
http://www.replica2u.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Princess-Mary-of-Denmark.jpg
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:39:43 pm by Mon Roi Henry IX » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2013, 10:13:59 pm »

She must be quite a piece of work if her own family is lashing out at her.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2013, 07:38:55 pm »

I've found another journo that explains the same story during the Vatican visit

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/vorladung-fuer-prinzessin-cristina-tiefpunkt-fuer-spanisches-koenigshaus-a-892421.html

it's in german

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2013, 10:01:15 pm »

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiegel.de%2Fpanorama%2Fvorladung-fuer-prinzessin-cristina-tiefpunkt-fuer-spanisches-koenigshaus-a-892421.html
Against the recommendation of the public prosecutor ordered the investigating magistrate José Castro, the 47-year-old for 27 April as suspects for questioning. Do not summon would be "violating the commandment that states that everyone is equal before the law," the judge said. It is the first time in the history of the Spanish monarchy, the judiciary is investigating a direct descendant of King.

The royal family was surprised by the summons. "We have been informed of the decision of the judge on the press," said a spokesman. Until recently, Cristina had not been publicly brought in connection with the scandal - which has now changed fundamentally, even if the prosecutor's own words, "absolutely no evidence of any involvement in any violation of the law" looks.

The royal family was surprised that someone had the turned the tide on them more likely.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2013, 02:13:35 am »

Letizia should have taken a chill pill when it came to her family.  They had no time to adjust to the situation whatsoever.  Maybe Spain should have Parliament approve royal fiancees.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2013, 02:23:56 am »

^I think they should be made to answer for stuff about their past to Parliament like Maxima has had to in the past.

She should have gone easier on her family and understood if they wanted to talk to the press. She had a lot of nerve lashing out at them.

I hope Felipe realizes the mess he's made of his life. Two kids, he might want more, but chances are he won't get them because Leti does not want them.

Sidney
courtier

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2013, 02:09:21 pm »

Letizia should have taken a chill pill when it came to her family.  They had no time to adjust to the situation whatsoever.  Maybe Spain should have Parliament approve royal fiancees.

Letizia and Felipe dated in hiding like they had something to hide. All the other royal girlfriends endured the public scrutiny that comes along when you're dating someone as public as the future heir to the country's throne. In a way, they submitted themselves to the ultimate test: people's approval. These two did the compete opposite. Why? Because they knew that Letizia wouldn't stand the test of time (let alone, the test of people).

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2013, 05:21:28 am »

You know, it shoudl have been a warning sign to Felipe that Leti was a bad idea if he had to hide her.

As for the recent developments, now Letizia is begging for space and time from her 'pressures' of being crown princess.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2013, 04:51:19 pm »

Maybe Spain should have Parliament approve royal fiancees.

They already do. The whole state finances are approved in a bill called Presupuestos Generales (General budget?), they give the RF I think it is eight million euros every year. This is supposed to finance their salaries and also to pay for some of their staff. More or less the king can do with the eight million whatever he wants.

However, (here is the trap) the gov gives them more money through the same bill but from other budget's areas. So no one knows how much cost us. Their residences are not paid by the initial money, nor their staff or security. They may get money for clothes and who knows what too.

So the main problem here is that the establishment is ok with whatever the king is doing.

The king behaves as he does because he had always have the approval of the establishment.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: