Royal Gossip
November 23, 2017, 09:19:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Henar Ortiz, Letizia's aunt, "I don't think my niece will get to be Queen"  (Read 6343 times)
Sidney
courtier

« on: March 20, 2013, 12:35:34 pm »

Vanity Fair magazine:

http://www.revistavanityfair.es/articulos/henar-ortiz-la-tia-de-la-princesa-letizia-creo-que-mi-sobrina-no-llegara-a-reinar/17509

- She defines herself as laic, red and republican, she admits not being sure if her niece is ready to take on such a big endeavour (being Queen) and she states: "Considering what we're going through right now, I don't think she will get to be Queen".

When asked about her niece being of Republican convictions, she says that "everyone is entitled to change their minds, enter new data, modify the existing one and turn themselves into what they think is best". She speaks about her niece's beliefs: "She was Christened and got a usual Catholic education. She attended some weddings. She was an occasional Catholic".

Hahaha. Oh-Dear-God. Felipe couldn't have done it worse even if you had tried!  thumbsdown thumbsdown

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 12:36:22 pm »

I'm going to buy the mag tomorrow ASAP!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 12:52:49 pm »

Me too!

What she says about Letizia being of republican convictions is very interesting. Nothing we didn't already know, but interesting nonetheless. How can you be of republican convictions and marry a Prince? Yeah, I know: "She loved who he was, not what he was". No, sorry. Not buying it. What we are is who we are. God, what a phony she is.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 12:58:26 pm »

The main article is about Marie Chantal and daughter so it's a very good issue. VF is the best mag by far in Spain.

About the republican things well yes, Morton even said that he had seen a photo where Leti appeared with the republican flag.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 01:33:15 pm »

I'm now wild about VF but I'm going to buy this month's issue just to read this interview.

Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 01:42:38 pm »

The article says:

¿600.000 euros por las fotos de su boda? Probablemente las vendería'. (600,000 euros for her wedding photos? She'd probably sell them.)

I suppose tha aunt is blatanly implying Letizia loves money too much?
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 01:45:34 pm »

^^ No, she is saying she (Henar) would sell them not Leti.

A month or so ago there were a mini scandal about the photos of the first wedding, a tv programme said that someone was trying to sell them and it ended up being someone in Leti's family through Peñafiel. Most people think it was Henar and even her mother more or less admitted it.

Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 01:49:31 pm »

oh okay thanks!Alexandrine. it can be taking both way by the way she said 'las venderia'.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 01:54:46 pm »

^^ if you read the rest of the article she mentions that she didn't try to sell the photos and that she is suing the programme. But that if someone paid her 600000 euros then she would sell them. She does have a lot of debts so she needs the money.

Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 01:57:17 pm »

^
Is she a rich woman with debts? or a middle class woman with debts? I ask because even the very wealthy can have big debts.
Was Letizia ever close with her aunt?
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 01:58:29 pm »

She says: "I've never tried to sell those pictures and I've filed a lawsuit against those who have said so". And she then says that if she was offered that much money for those pictures she would probably sell them (and by "she", she means herself).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:02:38 pm by Sidney » Logged

Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 01:59:33 pm »

^
I did not read the entire article. Just the top part.
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 02:01:19 pm »

^
Is she a rich woman with debts? or a middle class woman with debts? I ask because even the very wealthy can have big debts.
Was Letizia ever close with her aunt?

No, she's not rich. She's middle class with a lot of debts due to business failures. She did rub shoulders with rich people, though. At least for a while. But no, she's not rich.

Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 02:07:21 pm »

Sydney, thankyou
I wonder what big debts she has. I guess, I supposed that someone connected to someone married to a blood roya lwould have it easier than say ..a hard working middle class Spaniard? 
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 02:11:29 pm »

She is low middle class, after the wedding she tried to become high middle class but it didn't work out. She started a business selling, I think, furniture (or was it clothes?) but she had to close because of debts. She mixed her mother and brother in her problems and now they are investigating all of them if the committed a crime to avoid paying the debts.

I've never thought Henar as hard working, after the wedding she tried hard to enter circles where she couldn't enter before but she didn't have much success. Imagine that if Leti couldn't what possibilities had Henar? She thought she would have success with her business because she was the aunt of the future queen but nothing.

Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 02:22:30 pm »

thankyou Alexandrine.

I have no idea perhaps you can explain what you mean by 'imagine if Leti couldn't what possibilities had Henar?'. You mean Leti could not enter some Spanish artistocratic circles, as she was not allowed by them (the aristocracy of Spain)?
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 02:28:12 pm »

Yeah, there have been always rumours that the circle of friends of Felipe didn't like her and that she didn't like them either because they were too "posh". I think that it was in a El Mundo article that she only connected with a Villar Mir. In the Morton book they mentioned that the aristos didn't like the choice because she wasn't one of them and the prince had preferred her to one of their daughters.

However, even if you marry in that circle is not easy to be accepted unless you are born into it. The top aristos still marry among themselves and even some of them into royal families of Europe.

Sidney
courtier

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 02:45:41 pm »

There was a time in which she used to rub shoulders with Tita Cervera (Baroness Thyssen):

http://www.vanitatis.com/cache/2011/12/21/1cervera_300.jpg

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/famosos/2009021031200/famosos/tita/cervera/henar/0-98-941/2009-02-10-a.jpg

http://media.epi.es/www.lne.es/media/fotos/noticias/646x260/2008-11-14_IMG_2008-11-07_01:48:25_thyssen.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3EsVkJSerUI/SspCb6kVQeI/AAAAAAAAN1A/dmmhbKefWkI/s400/escanear0001.jpg

thankyou Alexandrine.

I have no idea perhaps you can explain what you mean by 'imagine if Leti couldn't what possibilities had Henar?'. You mean Leti could not enter some Spanish artistocratic circles, as she was not allowed by them (the aristocracy of Spain)?

Letizia's family has been legally accused of fraudulent conveyance.

Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 03:58:47 pm »

thankyou Sydney.  flower
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 04:07:49 pm »

I odn't htink she should be Queen; after her disgraceful behavior at the Vatican I for one would like to see the monarchy in Spain end before Letizia.

Frankly, werer there no other adolescents that Felipe could marry?

It's a disgrace how Leti wore such a short dress and snubbed nuns while go figure, she is supposed to become Queen of a traditionally Catholic country.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: