Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 07:54:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla's Middle East tour is March 11-19  (Read 6544 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 06:15:50 pm »

If Kate worked for a living, the DM would not feel compelled to drag her into all the stories. I'm surprised they don't drag her into an article about Dancing with The Stars comparing her to one of the contestants.

Camilla really looks frumpy in those pics, what is with her wardrobe?! With her wealth and resources she could have done much better.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 06:18:04 pm »

I truly hope somewhere within the Daily Mail writers, that they are really actually making a joke of Kate.

The articles really make my stomach turn sometimes with the constant (seemingly )promotion of her.

Camilla looks rough and I don't think she'll ever have true elegance. The best she looked imo was on the day Charles unveiled her as his fiancee in that red dress. For Camilla, she looked ok.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:20:32 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
sandy
Princess

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 06:19:08 pm »

Maybe the DM could claim the New Pope (whoever that may be) is a fan and can't wait for Kate to visit Vatican City. Would not surprise me.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 06:21:16 pm »

laugh Oh Sandy, you just gave them an idea.

[/URL]
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 08:48:50 pm »

Maybe the DM could claim the New Pope (whoever that may be) is a fan and can't wait for Kate to visit Vatican City. Would not surprise me.

Scary thought but I can see it. Waity gets a new dress since she couldn't wear an 'old' one to meet Mr. Pope. She asks "What do you pope?"  sly
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 11:23:19 pm »

If I were the King of Jordan, I would go insane to see my wife compared to such a woman.

Rania has never:

Walked on a catwalk in lingerie
Stumbled drunk out of a club
Shown her ladybits to the press
Has never lived an idle life as a call girl for her husband-to-be

If hte DM doesn't stop this, I wager that it'll cause problems in the future.

Notice how Kate and William have not been sent to the real hardcore Middle Eastern countries like Saudi Arabia (I am so surprised Camilla is going).

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 11:37:47 pm »

Rania also has an actual degree from a college she didn't go to mainly for the purpose of finding a husband. She wasn't solely employed by her parents. Has never caused any major royal scandal. Has never been reported as asking questions like If faberge eggs are still made.  Has never yelled at the press about being treated unfairly. Gee not too much in common with Kate hmm.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 11:59:13 pm »

This article does no favors for Kate whatsoever.  Anyone with a brain can see the ridiculousness in the headline alone.  I also wonder if Camilla is having physical troubles since she cannot curtsy properly.  She also looks fat again.
Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 12:54:42 am »

I wouldn't read too much into the curtsy. The Jordanians are very lax with protocol and in Jordan the proper way of greeting a royal is simply by shaking their hand. I would say the curtsies were more for show than anything else, though it was strange that she had to steady herself on the queen.
Jessica
courtier

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 05:05:50 am »

The only thing those two have in common is they're both 1) female, 2) brunette, 3) slender... which is something they both have in common with millions of women around the world.

I have to say, Queen Rania is beautiful.  I think she's one of, if not the most, beautiful royals I've seen.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:08:44 am by Jessica » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 05:40:18 am »

it was strange that she had to steady herself on the queen.

It sounds like Camilla isn't doing so well either. I don't think Camilla is doing too well herself.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Jessica
courtier

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 06:22:19 am »

I don't know, I mean, they had just embraced for the greeting and her hand was still there for the curtsey.  Rania's hand was still on Camilla, too.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 12:35:03 pm »

'It's heartbreaking... the children are traumatised by war': Charles and Camilla 'shocked' as they meet refugees from Syria's civil war during camp visit in Jordan

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall pay visit to King Abdullah Park
Camp in Jordan houses 1,000 refugees from two-year civil war in Syria
Report issued today reveals 2million children are caught up in violence

As they picked their way through the dust and rubble, the shock on their faces was evident.
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall today visited a refugee camp in Jordan for men, women and children fleeing the brutalities of civil war in Syria.
Just seven miles south of the border at Ramtha, King Abdullah Park is home to almost a thousand desperate and displaced, more than half of which are children.
As he met one man who had twice been imprisoned and tortured for writing anti-government poetry, grim-faced Charles asked: 'Do you see any end to this horror?'

The Prince and the Duchess first stopped at a Portacabin where half a dozen women were knitting and making handicrafts which will be sold to raise funds for the refugees.
Despite not having a common language, Camilla immediately bonded with the ladies as she gave them a thumbs up, prompting them to laugh and smile.

'Have you always knitted?' she asked through a translator.
One woman told her that she had been in the camp with her children for seven months, another for a year and a half.
The Duchess listened intently and admired their handicrafts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2292533/Charles-Camilla-meet-refugees-Syrias-civil-war-visit-camp-official-trip-Jordan.html
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 08:55:38 am »

Palmer‏@RoyalReporter

Prince Charles paid for Camilla, who struggles in heat, to fly out to Jordan early on a scheduled flight. Doubt he paid for her bodyguards.

TWITTER:

Now   bored3 she's allowed to leave early. I can't see Camilla doing much  work as Queen/Princess Consort.

[/URL]
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 01:51:37 pm »

thumbsdown for her leaving early
sandy
Princess

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 01:53:20 pm »

'It's heartbreaking... the children are traumatised by war': Charles and Camilla 'shocked' as they meet refugees from Syria's civil war during camp visit in Jordan

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall pay visit to King Abdullah Park
Camp in Jordan houses 1,000 refugees from two-year civil war in Syria
Report issued today reveals 2million children are caught up in violence

As they picked their way through the dust and rubble, the shock on their faces was evident.
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall today visited a refugee camp in Jordan for men, women and children fleeing the brutalities of civil war in Syria.
Just seven miles south of the border at Ramtha, King Abdullah Park is home to almost a thousand desperate and displaced, more than half of which are children.
As he met one man who had twice been imprisoned and tortured for writing anti-government poetry, grim-faced Charles asked: 'Do you see any end to this horror?'

The Prince and the Duchess first stopped at a Portacabin where half a dozen women were knitting and making handicrafts which will be sold to raise funds for the refugees.
Despite not having a common language, Camilla immediately bonded with the ladies as she gave them a thumbs up, prompting them to laugh and smile.

'Have you always knitted?' she asked through a translator.
One woman told her that she had been in the camp with her children for seven months, another for a year and a half.
The Duchess listened intently and admired their handicrafts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2292533/Charles-Camilla-meet-refugees-Syrias-civil-war-visit-camp-official-trip-Jordan.html

Charles has that "sad" expression where he looks like a basset hound. He has not aged well.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 01:58:42 pm »

Palmer‏@RoyalReporter

Prince Charles paid for Camilla, who struggles in heat, to fly out to Jordan early on a scheduled flight. Doubt he paid for her bodyguards.

TWITTER:

Now   bored3 she's allowed to leave early. I can't see Camilla doing much  work as Queen/Princess Consort.

I'm not surprised in the least. How does Charles hope to have his whittled down monarchy with three lazybones expected to do their share (Will, Kate, Camilla). He needs to grit his teeth and ask the Yorks and Wessexes to assist
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 03:25:03 pm »

LOL really, couldn't she have stayed one day more? When she is eighty and has to go to more official trips what's she's going to do?

So three lazies in the line of succession and Charles wants to streamline the royal family?  laugh

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 03:42:47 pm »

Well Camilla is or was a smoker. The weather extremes (hot or cold) might be causing her difficulty in that way. *shrugs*

Comparing Kate with Rania?  thumbsdown  There is no comparison.  Rania is a seasoned professional, is passionate and takes active interest about her charities and in her role as Queen. With Kate...a hair flip doesn't count!  easter-lol

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
sandy
Princess

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 04:15:11 pm »

Mark Bolland who worked closely with Camilla (and likes her) said she was lazy. I think she is lazy and will do the bare miniumum.  She revels in the perks but is getting away with avoiding as much work as she can. No surprises here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: