Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 02:06:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla's Middle East tour is March 11-19  (Read 6547 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: March 01, 2013, 02:25:17 pm »

Richard Palmer @ royal reporter

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have added a visit to Saudi Arabia to their spring tour of Jordan, Qatar, and Oman in March.

Charles and Camilla's Middle East tour is March 11-19.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 02:51:15 pm »

Probably Camilla will get some more bling there.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 02:59:58 pm »

I'm very surprised, given Camilla's past.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 03:50:55 pm »

^ Exactly ...past !!!
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 04:19:09 pm »

Well they should be receiving some very valuable treasures. Unnecessary waste of money none of those are commonwealth countries. If C&C want to take a tour of the ME then they should pay for everything including their own security. Charles is so out of touch with reality but I guess that explains him marrying Camilla.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 04:23:53 pm »

We cannot even think what quantity of money Camilla is going to get in jewels.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 04:35:54 pm »

BIG trouble in Saudi Arabia

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/03/the-febrile-atmosphere-within-saudi-arabia/

Not entirely sure what C&C can do but looks to me like they've been sent on behalf of the FCO. Probably to help arrange the Saudi RF's exit stratgey to Mayfair if it all goes pecs up!

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 04:43:44 pm »

that would be an irony they save the saudis and let the romanovs to die...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 05:01:18 pm »

Well, the BRF let the Romanovs die mainly because it would have been bad PR to rescue them and I wager that saving the Saudis wouldn't be.

You know the Windsors and their PR.

SACROSANCT!

Well they should be receiving some very valuable treasures. Unnecessary waste of money none of those are commonwealth countries. If C&C want to take a tour of the ME then they should pay for everything including their own security. Charles is so out of touch with reality but I guess that explains him marrying Camilla.

I have to agree; the RF acts more interested in any country other than the commonwealth.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 11:05:06 am »

Well in their defense GB has a long standing close relationship with Jordan, so i find a visit appropriate, in the past it was under British control. Could Charles and Camilla even save the Saudi Arabian Royal Family, there are hundreds of thousands of them, maybe more since we don't know how many women there are. It would be impossible for C&C to save all of them or even the majority of them.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:07:24 am by Alexander » Logged
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 01:48:53 pm »

Government officials should make these types of visits and it would be cheaper for them than for a royal.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 10:20:40 am »

I think the main purpose of these trips to the Middle East is to procure gifts of jewellery.  Royal jewellery-watching is a semi-hobby of mine.  They have a lot of bling from the Middle East, esp. Camilla.  HM often wears her King Faisal necklace, and she has some big sapphires too.

I wish the real cost of these trips was counted and reported on.  Eventually the UK will be dragged kicking and screaming into the democratic era.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 05:10:56 pm »

My opinion is that they visit the Middle East because of $$ but not only jewels but business interests and black dollars...

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 03:53:42 pm »

Camilla's curtsey: Duchess of Cornwall bends knee to Kate-alike Queen Rania of Jordan as she arrives for official visit with Prince Charles

Camilla and Prince Charles pictured on first day of official visit to Jordan
    Curtsy performed as a mark of respect to Queen Rania and King Abdullah
    Mother of four Queen Rania was ranked most beautiful first lady in the world
    The Queen and the Duchess visited a children museum and a girls school
    Charles meanwhile regailled the King with the story of how he fell off a camel
[/b]

Camilla Duchess of Cornwall appears to perform a deep curtsy as a mark of respect to Kate Middleton, but in reality it's lookalike royal Queen Rania of Jordan.

With her tumbling brunette curls, slim frame and sculpted cheekbones, Queen Rania bears an uncanny resemblance to the Duchess of Cambridge, although the lack of a baby bump is an obvious giveaway. 

On her first full day of an official visit to Jordan today, the Duchess of Cornwall decided to get the ball rolling by cheerfully chatting to Queen Rania about the snow storm wreaking havoc at home.

The elegant Queen, 42, seemed pleased with Camilla’s conversation opener and replied: 'So it's a good time to be away then?'

Prince Charles, meanwhile, was busy regaling her husband King Abdullah 11 about the time he tried to ride a camel on an official visit to the region nine years ago – and apparently came a cropper
But all eyes were on the ladies, particularly mother of four Queen Rania who has been ranked the most beautiful consort or first lady in the world by Harpers and Bazar Magazine.

On meeting at the Hummar Palace Camilla curtseyed deeply and respectfully to her, as required by rank. Camilla, of course, is only a Duchess still while Rania is Queen.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2292012/Duchess-Cornwall-curtsies-Queen-Rania-Jordan-arrives-official-visit-Prince-Charles.html#comments
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 04:15:45 pm »

Camzilla looks like  bag lady.
Cheap and frumpily dressed, far too casual for meeting a head of state.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 04:20:22 pm »

Camz second curtsey is... the least elegant I've seen in a royal for a long time. The outfit is so so but I don't think is casual.

Ok so Rania who has been around for ten years+ is a copy Kate?!

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 04:31:50 pm »

sigh i like how some of the DM comments are not buying into the article the only thing they have in common  brunettes and slim.

Queen Rania is a woman and Kate is a girl
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 05:44:59 pm »

Rania isn't the tart Kate is.

It's an insult to Rania to compare the two or try to find similarities.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 05:49:22 pm »

Exactly, even the commentor's are saying they are sick of the DMAIL's copy-Kate comparison to every royal.

Rania has been working hard, doing her Royal duties for well over a decade, she hardly needs to be a copy-Kate. I stopped reading some of the Daily Mail royal articles because they insert Kate in everything!  bored3

Queen Rania has style, beauty, personality and presence (evident even from the photos) as opposed to the Duchess of Cambridge who........- SJ , Cardiff, 12/3/2013 17:31

Can you not leave it be? Does every Royal woman need to be compared to Kate? Can she not just be the Queen of Jordan & not a Kate-A-Like? Give us a break please !- Derek , Paisley, 12/3/2013 17:23

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2292012/Duchess-Cornwall-curtsies-Queen-Rania-Jordan-arrives-official-visit-Prince-Charles.html#ixzz2NLdhjVxd

IMO The Daily Mail does the comparisons and put-downs of other Royal ladies in an attempt to elevate mediocre Kate who the paper privately knows (IMO) is terribly lacking!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:52:27 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 06:09:04 pm »

^ I think the DM is doing the reverse and showing just how lacking she really is. This Rania comparison is beyond stupid.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: