Royal Gossip
August 19, 2017, 11:18:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Anne a snob and/or rude?  (Read 23919 times)
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 03:55:50 pm »

Anne is consistent.

Yes. She's consistent. Like the Bubonic plague or a bomb. Everyone knows where they stand, when they are close to it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:58:37 pm by Mon Roi Henry IX » Logged
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 04:02:56 pm »

Yes but she was 18 or 19 year old girl if we are making allowances for Diana during that time period we should make the same for Anne. It's exactly nice to be photographed all the the time in your public life and i bet it's terrible in your down time. What's more the girl was 19 then so it's very fair to judge, I imagine most nineteen years old would have said/done the same.

And now that's she's 62 years old and still rude what is the excuse ?
Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 08:32:41 pm »

her actions after that are open game but again in that instance she was simply acting as any young girl would. The eagle may not but it is still on the coat of arms of the Hohenzollerns, the Hashemites, the Romanovs, and the habsburgs. Those are some very powerful, very storied royal houses and as it is so closely related to those houses it is a pretty strange choice.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 08:53:52 pm »

Yeah what happened to those Royal Houses.   easter-think
Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 01:45:43 am »

They have been deposed for the most part but my point is that at the time our country was founded it would have seemed very strange to choose as a symbol for a democracy a bird used on so many different coat of arms.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 01:46:44 am »

Not really at the time the country was loaded with them.
Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 01:58:52 am »

but it was still on the crest of many a royal family, a bastion of privilege we supposedly despised. You have to admit it is a strange choice.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 02:03:13 am »

Not really  when they were discussing the National bird it came down to either the Turkey or the Bald Eagle. The Eagle stands for Freedom a little more than a Turkey does.

This has nothing to do with Anne being a snob and is off topic so I bow out unless the discussion is about Anne.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 03:03:24 am »

her actions after that are open game but again in that instance she was simply acting as any young girl would.

Uh, no; when I was that age I wasn't half the snot she was and nor are the majority of her peers at the time.

I am tired of these things being lauded as 'down to earth' mainly because it's not; it's just as pretentious as the most ennui filled aristocrat.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 04:07:13 am »

her actions after that are open game but again in that instance she was simply acting as any young girl would.

Uh, no; when I was that age I wasn't half the snot she was and nor are the majority of her peers at the time.

I am tired of these things being lauded as 'down to earth' mainly because it's not; it's just as pretentious as the most ennui filled aristocrat.

Exactly, if any of us 'normal' people acted like that we'd be accused of being rude, obnoxious etc.
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 03:36:19 pm »

Excerpts from an article:

"I found myself curtseying and addressing the Princess as Your Royal Highness. ‘Don’t be ridiculous,’ she said and I suppose it was rather inappropriate given that we were in the changing rooms at the time.

She was equally forbidding when I pointed out the similarity between my turquoise and brown racing colours and hers, which were turquoise and chocolate. I hope the punters don’t get us mixed up,’ I said as we circled at the start.
‘Unlikely,’ she replied, and worse was to come.

Read on to see what else Anne said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2197291/Clare-Balding-moment-knocked-Princess-Anne-horse.html

Simply put Anne was, is and will probably continue to be rude. Regardless of her age
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 07:15:45 pm »

What a beotch!!
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 08:48:11 pm »

I think Anne is the kind of person who does not suffer fools gladly, and people like that tend to put others off.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 10:23:00 pm »

There's a difference; Anne is not someone who was raised and tutored by idiots.

She has been surrounded by the best teachers and coaches money could buy and she is hardly someone of such intelligence that she is in a position to be snobby. It's the same with accomplishments; she is a charity powerhouse, but so are people without her mother's millions and resources and stables.

She snaps at someone who is:

Showing the proper respect to her official position
Making lighthearted talk/jokes while playing golf

She strikes me as more the type that is rude because she thinks (for some reason) that she is better by virtue of her vaunted no-nonsense personality compared to her siblings. Compared to her siblings she is more accomplished and less interested in protocol, but in the real world she is hardly exceptional.

Same with her Olympic work; she is hardly someone who worked her way from the bottom and ended up competing, she started out with HM's stable of horses and HM's bank account to bankroll trainers and hours. She didn't have to work two jobs to end up getting her fees paid and to pay for a horse.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2013, 04:12:58 pm »

I think Anne is the kind of person who does not suffer fools gladly, and people like that tend to put others off.

That Anne woman saying to an old woman of 75 yrs. that has been standing for hours with a flower bouquet in her hand ' That's ridiculous' is not to 'suffer fools gladly'. It is bluntly rude and cruel.

Why do people excuse the rudeness and verbal cruelty from Philip, Anne and Margaret ( when  she was alive) but never would do the same for KM or for the rest of people in the world?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:17:05 pm by Mon Roi Henry IX » Logged
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2013, 11:43:05 pm »

^ dontknow I just walk away when people think its so cute when Philip says rude things.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2013, 02:19:33 pm »

Why do people excuse the rudeness and verbal cruelty from Philip, Anne and Margaret ( when  she was alive) but never would do the same for KM or for the rest of people in the world?

I don't think that Kate is rude, I think she is stupid.  There's a difference.  

You don't know my opinions on the rest of the world.   Cool
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2013, 03:59:59 pm »

That Anne woman saying to an old woman of 75 yrs. that has been standing for hours with a flower bouquet in her hand ' That's ridiculous' is not to 'suffer fools gladly'. It is bluntly rude and cruel.

Witch; if any politician did that he'd be run out of office and end up disgraced/vilified while the press goes hogwild over the cruelty. Princess Anne can afford ot be a witch because her position is perfectly secure. I'm tired of hearing how Princess Anne is SO TOUGH, as if cruelty is a sign of strength.

Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2013, 04:06:48 pm »

^
Grey Mare You made my point.

If you excuse Anne's rudeness because in your own words 'she doesn't suffer fools gladly' then those in our  world that 'do not suffer fools gladly' should be excused too according to your rules.
Now, if Anne is only excused because she was a fetus in the womb of QEII then I have a pretty good idea that the rest of the world would not have, in your eyes, the 'license' to be rude.

Simply put royal or not royal, with or without rude 'license', Philip, Margaret (when alive) and Anne are rude and worse cruel.  Truth is truth and
is always constant.
Hurting the feelings and making a poor 75 year old pensioner feel humilliated  in front of others and left crying while having her little bouquet of flowers snatched angrily by Miss Royale Thing is cruel.

I can swallow the rudeness somewhat. I can not and will not be silent about cruelty against others.

BTW.. KM is rude as well. We all have seen her sitting in a charity place rolling her eyes at the woman that was the speaker.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:15:08 pm by Mon Roi Henry IX » Logged
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2013, 04:21:03 pm »

Witch; if any politician did that he'd be run out of office and end up disgraced/vilified while the press goes hogwild over the cruelty. Princess Anne can afford ot be a witch because her position is perfectly secure. I'm tired of hearing how Princess Anne is SO TOUGH, as if cruelty is a sign of strength.

Oh! yes, how correct you are Kuei Fei. Imagine Mrs. Obama or any wife of/or politician himself/herself doing what Anne did. The press would hound them and the people would be up in arms all the way to that politician's grave.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: