Royal Gossip
September 20, 2017, 12:12:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Anne a snob and/or rude?  (Read 24490 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« on: February 18, 2013, 09:57:17 pm »

I don't think Anne has much airs, she's a direct and brisk lady but I don't get a snobby vibe of her and hey at least she pulling her weight and does stuff.

Zara to me is a private person and so I don't really lose any sleep over her doings. (not that I lose sleep over any royals)

She seems likeable from what I heard and read until now (I still think that so called 'whine' over her second place was a misunderstood quote.)
Is like saying that playing the finale of superbowl means you are superbowl champion, it's close but not quite the same!

To me (and obliviously to Zara as well) an Olympic 'champion' has the gold medal, so when the reporter called her a Olympic champion she corrected him,
Because A: it was a team effort (she didn't do it alone) and B: the german team was the true champion in the discipline winning gold.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:08:35 pm »

I can believe Anne has airs, wasn't there a huge problem during the engagement with Diana because of a curtsy?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:18:35 pm »

Anne is almost as insulent as her father Philip. And he is quite rude and with a long record to prove it .
Zara is Anne's daughter and raised by her. The apple does not fall far from the tree.
I think that Zara must a pain in the  :*butt*: to deal with.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 10:21:51 pm »

yeah I did hear about that as well?
hmm maybe she is a bit snobby....
i really don't know that much about her to be honest different generation and all that (perhaps I should go and read a bio on her first before just commenting on my vibes about her easter-lol)

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 10:24:40 pm »

I see her as very nonsense woman but as Princess Margaret demanded you have to treat her as the Princess Royal she is. I doubt she likes the normal treatment except for her close family.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 10:52:40 pm »

I meant to type 'insolent' not 'insulent'. Sorry.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 11:24:46 pm »

I can believe Anne has airs, wasn't there a huge problem during the engagement with Diana because of a curtsy?

Yeah, she was rude to a nineteen year old who was brought up to be deferential to the royal family an she (Diana) was still "Lady" Diana Spencer. All well and good to be unpretetnious, but there is a difference when someone is going out of their way to show respect for your position.

I mean, really, what did Diana do to her? Being rude about being shown deference to a position is just as bad as being demanding of a prerogative.

I'm gonna be upfront and say that I am biased against the Windsors and I am sick of seeing them throw so much they have back in people's faces. William dislikes pretentious protocol and treats it as a joke, but go figure, it means a lot to people who want to show sincere respect and show the required diplomatic protocol. Is there anyone else on here who feels the same? I am tired of how hyped Anne is as someone who is so tough and smart, despite all her personal problems.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 11:37:26 pm »

yeah I did hear about that as well?
hmm maybe she is a bit snobby....
i really don't know that much about her to be honest different generation and all that (perhaps I should go and read a bio on her first before just commenting on my vibes about her easter-lol)

Akasha  Hi
Here are some things about Anne:

1) Britain's Princess Anne offended the residents of a Scottish town by rudely announcing that she planned to leave it "as soon as possible". She made the comment to local councillor Bob Chadha.The 56-year-old royal then insulted a representative of soft drinks company AG Barr, which is based in the town, by making a joke about the taste of their product Irn Bru.
She is said to have asked: "How can you be sure someone invented that drink? Wasn't it just a nasty surprise?"

2) Anne hurt the feeling of an elderly 75 year old woman who spent hours making a basket of flowers to give to the QM. Anne snatched the flowers from her and said to the old woman: "What a ridiculous thing to do." She left the old woman close to tears and humillated in front of others. Anne also told her nieces to "get a move on" and not to take flowers from well-wishers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1086648.stm

3) I also read once that Anne was visiting Guernsey. While there she tripped and fell, then was "furious" and gave the poor official that tried to help her a real telling off, embarrassing and humiliating him in front of the public .

4) Anne hates the media but enjoys the perks of being a royal. As a teenager she said to reporters “Naff orff”.

5) At Burleigh in 1972, when a photographer said he hoped he was not being a pest, she replied: “You are being a pest by virtue of that camera in your hand.”

Unlike Diana, she won’t pick up babies or kiss handicapped children. She believes as her father Philip, that it is not necessary to be liked to be respected.( Personally I have no respect for either one).
Fact is that Anne is rude, petulant, insolent, arrogant, humilliating towards others and extremely offensive. Exactly like that Philip character.

Here is an article about one of her many rudeness:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2197291/Clare-Balding-moment-knocked-Princess-Anne-horse.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:41:48 pm by Mon Roi Henry IX » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 02:00:16 am »

Anne also referred to the Irish as a bunch of pigs, to the face of the mayor of (Boston?) I think.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 03:05:00 am »

Wow.  I never knew of so many instances of Anne being rude.  What's the point of her doing engagements if she doesn't care about the people.  (Maybe she does, but you don't treat people like this.)  It's a testament to Andrew and Sarah's parenting that Bea and Eugenie are such sweet, down-to-earth girls. 
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 03:23:16 am »

Yeah, she was rude to a nineteen year old who was brought up to be deferential to the royal family an she (Diana) was still "Lady" Diana Spencer. All well and good to be unpretetnious, but there is a difference when someone is going out of their way to show respect for your position.

I mean, really, what did Diana do to her? Being rude about being shown deference to a position is just as bad as being demanding of a prerogative.

I'm gonna be upfront and say that I am biased against the Windsors and I am sick of seeing them throw so much they have back in people's faces. William dislikes pretentious protocol and treats it as a joke, but go figure, it means a lot to people who want to show sincere respect and show the required diplomatic protocol. Is there anyone else on here who feels the same? I am tired of how hyped Anne is as someone who is so tough and smart, despite all her personal problems.

Well stated, KF. I've always thought Anne was a rude hateful woman and gets away with it because she can.
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 07:07:50 pm »

Anne also referred to the Irish as a bunch of pigs, to the face of the mayor of (Boston?) I think.

Kuei Fei that was the eternal drunk Margaret not Anne. Though I can understand why anyone would get them confused as both indulged in rudeness

According to a local paper, Margaret told the Mayor of Chicago that the Irish were "pigs". The allegation was denied, but the publicity was enormous and hostile. When her private secretary, Lord Napier, raised the subject Margaret smiled mischievously, winked at him and said that she might have said that the "Irish danced jigs".

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:15:09 pm by Mon Roi Henry IX » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 09:59:35 pm »

But did Diana didn't want to curtsy or what? I've never read the details...

memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 01:10:16 am »

i believe PA may be a little rude...

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 01:23:13 am »

I remember reading how when Anne and Charles took a trip to Washington DC, Charles was asking all sorts of friendly questions like "Why does the US select the bald eagle as a symbol" and Anne said "pretty bad choice, isn't it?" So go figure, on a state trip, she slaps the US in the face with her nasty attitude towards the nation.

But did Diana didn't want to curtsy or what? I've never read the details...

Diana was left at one of the palaces during the engagement, after Charles had gone on a trip, Diana ran into Princess Anne and Diana, being "Lady" curtsied to Anne, but Anne just stood there staring at her rudely, indicating that Diana was stupid for following protocol that she (Diana) had been raised to follow. Diana then fled the room in humiliation, leaving Anne behind. Anne was basically a complete beyotch to a nineteen year old kid who was just showing the proper respect.

Is it any wonder that Mike/Zara might be having problems, probably because Anne's attitude has possibly rubbed off on her daughter?

Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 09:03:18 pm »

No offense but Anne did have point about the eagle it was a symbol of many former royals houses, so it is pretty strange it is the symbol of the US. I also seem to remember the "Naff orff" incident being around the time she had just gotten out of school so she was 18-19 years old, I believe they were photographing her outside of a production of hair.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:10:49 pm by Alexander » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 07:32:16 am »

Did she have to be so nasty about it? No matter the context, it was rudely put.

Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 11:41:11 am »

Yes but she was 18 or 19 year old girl if we are making allowances for Diana during that time period we should make the same for Anne. It's exactly nice to be photographed all the the time in your public life and i bet it's terrible in your down time. What's more the girl was 19 then so it's very fair to judge, I imagine most nineteen years old would have said/done the same.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 11:49:45 am »

Her staff and the courtiers like her because they know where they stand. Some Royals are friendly one minute and pull rank the next. Anne is consistent.

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 01:58:58 pm »

The Eagle was chosen because it is a symbol of Freedom even though it is a majestic bird. It isn't called the royal eagle and it isn't owned by anyone or any royal house.

Anne was rude and still is quite often and so is PP. PP racist remarks are also called Gaffes so we are just supposed to overlook their insensitivity because of who they married and who gave birth to them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: