Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 09:47:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles's Special Priveleges - Questioned  (Read 5338 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: February 16, 2013, 12:24:33 pm »

Dozens of new laws sent to Prince so he could give approval

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9873731/Dozens-of-new-laws-sent-to-Prince-so-he-could-give-approval.html

The heir to the Throne is allowed under Britain’s constitution to be consulted on legislation that might affect his private interests.
This relates to the Duchy of Cornwall, which controls financial investment portfolio and land totalling 209 square miles, worth hundreds of millions of pounds.
The House of Commons’ Erskine May rule book states the Prince or the Queen must be asked for their consent about laws which affect “the hereditary revenues, personal property or interests of the Crown, the Duchy of Lancaster or Duchy of Cornwall”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9873731/Dozens-of-new-laws-sent-to-Prince-so-he-could-give-approval.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 04:17:22 pm »

I think it makes Charles feel important but I think all of this will go against him in the end. This could be used in a round about way to get rid of him.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 08:01:19 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2370754/Charles-NHS-homeopathy-row-Prince-holds-secret-meeting-Health-Secretary-lobby-treatment-denounced-doctors-witchcraft.html

some comments are seriously brilliant.    loveshower

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 10:02:08 am »

It makes my blood boil, at a time of savage cuts when the death rate in several hospitals has been exposed as frighteningly high, that PC is trying to push for his stupid placebo drugs. What part of 'stay out of politics' does he not understand?
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 11:48:15 am »

He is not meant to meddle, and yet he does it time and time again
theduchess
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 06:43:51 pm »

That article made my blood boil. There are far more important issues regarding the NHS than alternative therapies all of which is not for PC to interfere with. 

All my life, I've been fighting my way upstream.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 07:08:09 pm »

Good to see the Brits have gone from apathy, to bewilderment, to hopping mad at the situation and are finally seeing the BRF for the leeches they are.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 07:14:43 pm »

The public have known for ages about Charles's meddling though. We're a nation of grumblers and we have short memories.  dontknow
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 07:19:20 pm »

This is different; these comments are getting more and more poignant, and the mood is becoming more decisive.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 07:46:22 pm »

I posted this on another thread.. but I feel I should post this here also.

Please pay particular attention to the Last Paragraph

Today Nelsons is Europe's oldest and the UK's largest manufacturer of homeopathic preparations.

Nelsons has expanded their range beyond the original Homeopathic family of products and into other areas of complementary and Natural medicine. The most obvious example of this is the Bach flower remedies and in particular Rescue Remedy, which is sold all over the world. More recently the company has acquired other natural health businesses such as the Trefriw Wells Spa in Wales, which produces a mineral water naturally high in Iron called Spatone that is used as a dietary supplement, and Nice 'n Clear, a natural head lice lotion. Nelsons also produce some traditional herbal remedies such as Arnica creams.

With the exception of the Spatone well, all Nelsons products are manufactured in Wimbledon in south west London and from there exported to countries around the world. The company has opened subsidiary offices in Boston in the USA and Hamburg in Germany.The company is run today by Dick's eldest son, Robert, and his brother Patrick.

In December 2008 during a visit to the factory in Wimbledon, Charles, Prince of Wales announced a partnership between Nelsons and his Duchy Originals brand to produce a line of herbal remedies. He watched the first batch of products being produced and afterwards gave a speech to staff where he said he had great admiration for the company and had been brought up with their products.

thumbsdown  He is meddling for his own interests .. WAKE UP BRITISH PEOPLE. sauer

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 04:53:06 am »

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251166

from the David Icke site   tehe

CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 07:46:47 pm »

I do wish somebody would tell upchuck he's not as intelligent as he and his butt-lickers think he is.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 08:03:18 pm »

The reason he does not see himself as stupid as he obviously is, are those very same butt lickers who praise him to the sky and never say "not a good idea sir"

The butt lickers have much to answer for.

I am always reminded of the story "The Emperor's New Clothes", when I see Charles and his crew.

mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 08:23:08 pm »

goodpost lmao

So do I but I never want to see that man naked.David Beckham not Chuck Saxe Gotha
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 12:51:55 pm »

https://theconversation.com/quacktitioner-royal-is-a-menace-to-the-constitution-and-public-health-16448
A constitutional monarch is purely ceremonial and plays no part in politics. But in the UK it isn’t quite as simple as that. The first problem is that we have no constitution.

Things haven’t changed much since the 19th century when Walter Bagehot, author of The English Constitution, wrote that “the sovereign has, under a constitutional monarchy … three rights – the right to be consulted, the right to encourage, the right to warn.”

These are not inconsiderable powers in a country which is meant to be run by elected representatives. But nobody knows how these powers are used: almost all of it is done in secret.

Charles, Prince of Wales, is unusually public in expressing his views. But he also does so in private. He is currently the subject of an appeal to force the publication of letters written to government officials – the so-called “black spider memos”.

In 2010, he told a conference he was proud of being called “the enemy of the Enlightenment" – a remarkable point of view for someone who, as King, would become the patron of the Royal Society, that product of the age of enlightenment.

I’ve no doubt that Prince Charles means well. But his views on medicine date from a few centuries ago, and he has lost no opportunity to exploit his privileged position to proclaim them.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 01:24:39 pm »

t. The first problem is that we have no constitution.

Exactly; there is no constitutional monarchy because there are no clearly established boundaries.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 02:59:03 pm »

There is a British Constitution but it just isn't in one document like the US or French ones. It consists of Common Law and Statute and custom and practice the latter of which to my mind is most open to abuse because if something can be established for lone enough it becomes part of the Constitution.

For example PC pushed and pushed these past 20 years to get a percentage of the Crown Estates' profits instead of the Civil List. This is definite backward step and a crafty move by PC and his advisors because let's say the monarchy is thrown out in the next five years then they would have a dubious claim on this money. However, if it becomes custom and practice and the monarchy is thrown out in 100 years time then it could be arguable they can claim this.

One the plus side there are those who claim that if the monarchy was over the nation would have to return the Crown Estates. However as they were handed over fair and square and under accepted law over 300 years ago the Windsors would have a job on their hands trying to get these back. Mind you they'd give it a  good shot.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Mystique
gossip insider

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 12:45:31 am »

I just watched the Dispatches documentary aired on 1st July - sorry if I'm slow on the uptake - but Chuck should never be made King and should keep his overgrown nose out of any affairs involving The People.

This lying toad does not wish to disclose details of his businesses which pay no tax at all because he classifies it as private and is pushing local people (who rely on fishing) to import certain products thereby upsetting the actual ecology of the area.  He doesn't give a toss about the environment - only feathering his own nest. 

The Duchy bought out a distribution plant for £38 million in Milton Keynes and he leases it to Waitrose and probably pays no tax on the earnings.  He paid no tax on the land he sold in Cornwall, the scumbag.

Filthy parasite.  He should never ever be King.  Get a real job, you lazy bludger.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/4od#3543384

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 02:49:08 am »

However, if it becomes custom and practice and the monarchy is thrown out in 100 years time then it could be arguable they can claim this.

One the plus side there are those who claim that if the monarchy was over the nation would have to return the Crown Estates. However as they were handed over fair and square and under accepted law over 300 years ago the Windsors would have a job on their hands trying to get these back. Mind you they'd give it a  good shot.

I'll be frank; the Romanovs had vast fortunes, that ended up confiscated during the revolution leaving the Romanovs with nothing.

If there is a revolution, then it is likely that a detailed audit will be conducted and end up with Charles having nothig. Nothing stopped the Soviets from taking everything the Romanovs had and nothing could stop the revolutionaries in Britain from doing the same.

Royal Lowness
Baroness

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 02:09:41 am »

What is the point in having this bloke (or indeed, any of them) if he has no say in anything and no one wants to hear him?

A lot of people get upset at what he says, much like they do with Philip, but he either has a major role in the constitution, or he may as well be denied his benefits and be told to get a life job.

He's no better or worse than the sleazy politicians.

Perhaps it's time for Henry IX and
The House of Hewitt ?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: