Royal Gossip
September 25, 2017, 02:29:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royals launch media complaint (Norway)  (Read 4072 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: February 11, 2013, 06:29:03 pm »

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2013/02/10/royals-launch-media-complaint/

this is going to get interesting  eating cookies

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:00:07 pm »

The Royals just don't want the people to see what extravagant lives they lead. If they want privacy a beach in the Caribbean is not the place to go.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:33:51 pm »

Interesting indeed.  shifty

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:40:55 pm »

^^ What? Why?   spy

I hope the mag starts publishing lots of news about them that the other press doesn't. They don't seem to be like the DM, they are going to fight!

Norwegian press has always been soft to the RF at least imo. They could be much more criticised than they are because all they do is holidays and not much work.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 08:45:52 pm »

I agree.

[/URL]
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 09:17:22 pm »

I think the lives of more royals should be on display that would end all the excesses or the Monarchy. If they want secret private lives they can't do that as a royal and it is time they all figured it out.

Isn't it something how the laziest royals are the ones always screaming about privacy.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 09:57:00 pm »

I think they all complain about the press but some are more lucky with what they have.

Except that now that I think about it the belgium RF has never complained although they also haven't ever released photos of them during the holidays and that's strange because it's not as if there is too much love between press and RF.

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 11:42:33 pm »

What exactly is it that the press is supposed to do, precisely?

On one hand the royals want the press to be there to cover things, but want the press to end up basically following orders. They have more than enough of a private life and they have had more then enough opportunities to live privately. Unless the press is climbing in their bedroom window, they have no legitimate reason to complain.

Apparently this publication has a history of not pestering anyone or crossing any lines, but now the NRF is complaining about violated boundaries?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 05:14:59 pm »

Behn ‘complicates’ royal complaint

The complaint already had drawn reaction from among others Carl Erik Grimstad, a former palace official who now works as a lecturer, author and media commentator specializing in royal issues. Grimstad, writing in a column in newspaper VG this week, lashed out at both the palace and Se og Hør, noting how both were utterly dependent on one another for, respectively, publicity and magazine sales.

Upon learning of Behn’s paid appearance at an annual Se og Hør staff lunch, Grimstad said it “clearly complicates the situation. But this is first and foremost comical. I have, at any rate, stopped listening to the members of the royal family now living in London (Behn, his wife Princess Martha Louise and their three children) complain that they’re not left in peace.”

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2013/02/15/behn-complicates-royal-complaint/

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 04:44:15 pm »

er wel in Belgium those pic's of holidaying royal exist but they don't sell more or better the other royal pic's
so the mag's are like: "mèh we'll print a small pic and do a two paragraph story but that's it, we got more interesting things to cover then our boring royals"
our royals are also very predictable, they are going to the same spot (south france) for nearly twenty years now so...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 04:49:54 pm »

I've never seen Mathilde in bikini! Any pic?

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 04:52:55 pm »

err that's a good one
jeez gimme a few day's.
I'l post them in the belgian part ok tehe

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:24:13 pm by akasha2411 » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »

thankyou

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 09:42:37 pm »

very recommended article http://www.bt.no/nyheter/Slottet-vs-pressen-2854554.html talks how the RF plays the press as they want, even in Norway press is not really free

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 09:49:20 pm »

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bt.no%2Fnyheter%2FSlottet-vs-pressen-2854554.html
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 07:56:26 pm »

Alexandrine, found this tweet, I'm confused is there a Eva Sandum, who is friends w Mette Marit too?  huh

Knut Haavik‏@Haaviksenior2h
Skandale at Eva Sandum ikke ble erklært inhabil i PFUs behandling av saken mot Se og Hør, hatet bladet i mange år og venn med Mette Marit

Knut Haavik @ Haaviksenior2h
Scandal at Eva Sandum was not declared incompetent in PFU handling the case against See and Hear, hated the magazine for many years and friends with Mette Marit

easter-wink

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 08:11:46 pm »

Oh yeah Mette & Eva were friend when both were dating the princes. I don't know if they knew each other before or not.

Strangely she has ended up working for the media control in Norway.

Today they released the answer to the complain from the palace http://www.newsinenglish.no/2013/05/24/palace-files-new-call-for-restraint/ but I cannot find what was the final sentence

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 09:08:06 pm »

the result http://www.newsinenglish.no/2013/06/25/royals-win-mixed-press-scolding/

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 09:10:19 pm »

Knut Haavik @ Haaviksenior3h
@ Marie Simonsen Haunted by the Spanish press yes ...

Marie Simonsen @ mariesimonsen3h
@ Haaviksenior and indirect described his experience of being persecuted by the press.

more tweets.

Thank you for article.
The Norwegian Royals are making a mistake going after the press. It will only get worse.
I think there has been criticism of holidays and money they are spending?

[/URL]
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 09:13:35 pm »

very recommended article http://www.bt.no/nyheter/Slottet-vs-pressen-2854554.html talks how the RF plays the press as they want, even in Norway press is not really free

The Norwegian Royals are playing a dangerous game. After the current King is gone, Hakkon may have a hard road.

[/URL]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: