Royal Gossip
July 24, 2017, 01:53:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Middle East Royal Familes: Pics & News  (Read 54119 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #240 on: August 30, 2016, 05:48:31 pm »

Lovely photos, she gets it just right.  Attractive lady. Obviously has cosmetic surgery but unlike council cath obviously has an excellent surgeon.  Reminds me very much of Queen Letizia, of whom I am a great fan.  Two elegant ladies who know how to conduct themselves every step of the way.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #241 on: August 31, 2016, 08:41:12 am »

She reminds me of Queen Letizia, too. Yes, she is very attractive.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #242 on: August 31, 2016, 10:16:27 pm »

^^What an elegant lady.  And, frankly, she looks younger than Kate and is, what, 10+ years older-ish?  Beauty starts on the inside and always will; she's amazing and so strong and confident looking.   thumbsup

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #243 on: August 31, 2016, 10:34:23 pm »

Rania looks awful. I remember when she looked well and now she is like a shadow of herself. Also the vibes she transmits are different since the "middle east spring".

She reminds me of Queen Letizia, too. Yes, she is very attractive.

There are lot of jokes in Spain on how Letizia had surgery to become Rania. And how she copies her style.

I see both of them very fake looking.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #244 on: August 31, 2016, 10:38:48 pm »

^Oh, do explain more because I know so little!  But, they both look much more professional and stylish than good ol' Kateykins, don't you think?  Or not!  I know absolutely nothing about Rania and maybe she's not a nice person?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2016, 11:44:31 pm »

She disappeared when the arab spring was going on. She was useful as a sophisticated queen of a middle east country. But her image was probably better outside her country than inside.

More or less when this article was published she disappeared http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-12400274 or this one
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/06/10/survivor_jordan_how_king_abdullah_has_kept_his_crown_amid_the_arab_uprisings.html

She is more or less coming back to what she was. But even her clothes are less ostentatious than before and she shows less skin.

I don't know if she is a good person or not. She has her charities and seems to do a lot of work around the world. She did promote jordan image during her good years. But I don't know how it worked inside her country. Whatever happened she is much more subdued than she was.

Although she has done a lot of things to her face, if you check her wedding photos you can see how much she has changed.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Joanna
gossip insider

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #246 on: September 09, 2016, 09:25:38 am »

Just seen the new pictures Shocked
I read about this changes in Rania too. I think the conservative/traditional powers in Jordan thought that she was becoming too western in the sense that she was looking more and more like a modern, sophisticated empowered woman and this wasn't sitting well with TPTB.
Also, I read somewhere that Letizia and Rania have or have had the same plastic surgeon, so maybe that also explains a little about the similarities?  Embarrassed
I think both have had way too much of surgery, they look very strange.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #247 on: September 21, 2016, 08:32:26 pm »

I think Letizia had Rania as her ideal and wanted the same look. Who knows about being the same surgeon.

Rania made same strange choices, she appeared at some italian film festival for ex that didn't make sense for her role or her country. And she and her family had a bit of an ostentatious lifestyle that they keep more hidden now. Not traveling in yacht in the mediterrenean know for example. Of course misoginy but also a bit of bad choices.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #248 on: December 29, 2016, 03:09:42 pm »

Female journalist, 28, is shot dead in front of her six-year-old son 'by a member of Bahrain's royal family serving in the military'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4072584/In-Bahrain-womans-slaying-accusations-royal-involvement.html#ixzz4UEwTPlvd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2017, 09:48:13 pm »

The tragic life of the 'Princess with the Sad Eyes' revealed: Former Queen of Iran - who received a jewel every day from her husband - but was divorced by the bitter Shah when she couldn't get pregnant

A former Queen of Iran, who was exiled to Europe following a divorce that was prompted after learning she couldn't conceive, was known 'princess with the sad eyes' after becoming a socialite in Europe following the split.
Soraya Esfandiary Bakhtiari served as queen from 1951 to 1958, before divorcing the Shah, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, and being exiled.
Following the divorce, Soraya became a focus of the paparazzi, and attended galas and events covered in the beautiful gems given to her by the Shah of Iran during their marriage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4219038/Tragic-life-Princess-Sad-Eyes-revealed.html#ixzz4YbX9Yhf3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2017, 04:25:10 pm »

>> UAE princesses guilty of servant abuse in Belgium

Eight princesses from the UAE have been convicted of human trafficking and degrading treatment of their servants by a Brussels court.

They were given 15-month suspended jail terms and ordered to pay €165,000 (£145,000; $185,000) each, with half the sum suspended.

They were accused of holding more than 20 servants they brought with them on a 2008 visit in near slavery.

But they were acquitted of the more serious charge of inhumane treatment.

The princesses had denied all the charges.

Their lawyer, Stephen Monod, said he was "satisfied to note that the Belgian justice has appropriately assessed this case which has generated many misconceptions for nearly 10 years".

Raped, pregnant and afraid of being jailed

Kuwait's abused domestic workers have 'nowhere to turn'

He was unable to confirm that his clients would pay their fines, saying they had not yet decided whether to appeal.
'No days off'

Sheikha Hamda al-Nahyan and her seven daughters did not attend the trial and rights activists said it was highly unlikely that the UAE would extradite them had they been jailed.

The case came to light when one of the servants escaped from the hotel where the princesses had hired a floor of luxury suites.

They said they were forced to be available 24 hours a day, had to sleep on the floor, were never given a day off, were prevented from leaving the hotel and were forced to eat the princesses' leftovers.

But the case took nine years to get under way, partly due to legal challenges to proceedings by the defence.

Myria, a Belgian rights group which helped bring the case to court, said the importance of Friday's judgement "can hardly be overstated".

"Not because it is the end stage of a procedure that has been epic in length and complexity, nor because the location of the transgression was a prestigious hotel and the main perpetrators princesses.

"Domestic personnel hailing from all over the world, employed in an administrative and social limbo, in a secluded area presumed beyond the reach of the rule of law, were heard in a court of law and recognised as victims of human trafficking."

At the time of the trial, Nicholas McGeehan, an expert on migrant workers in the Gulf for Human Rights Watch, told the BBC that it would be "hugely significant" if one of the wealthiest families in the world was publicly linked with trafficking and slavery.

He argued that despite being abolished in law, domestic slavery continues in Gulf states - "perpetuated by ruling elites for whom it serves an important societal purpose in conferring status".

He added: "It's top-down and tolerated." <<

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40380071
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2017, 09:53:28 am »

^I'm glad they got convicted being a Royal is no excuse for violating others human rights, they deserve to go to prison.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: