Royal Gossip
July 23, 2017, 01:47:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Middle East Royal Familes: Pics & News  (Read 54117 times)
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 05:56:18 pm »

thankyou Earth Angel! I have the feeling, too that the comments come from people who never liked her, because she is emancipated  oooh
I would love to see, that the muslim world is modern like it was in the prosperity of Islam with the universities, scholars, books, science, literature etc. Not that i´m very religious, but the these things came in this time.
 wine Rania is materialistic, that´s a bad attribute, but everybody has faults.
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 06:00:11 pm »

KF: So because Rania lives in Jordan she has no right to be independent, but because Kate lives in the UK you think she should be more independent? That doesn't seem right to me. Sure cultural context has alot to do with how women are perceived, yet with the Western world pushing democracy the whole world over, I can't help but wonder what would cause one woman to criticize another for exercising rights she herself is afforded? I'm not talking about criticisms of seedy behaviors or differing values. More like I see nothing wrong with Rania on a motorcycle. If it were a horse you probably wouldn't care, yet way back when women were criticized for riding horses. ...

At least Rania is consistent and she practices what she preaches, being that all women, no matter where they are from and what there belief system is, should be afforded equal rights throughout the world. She is an excellent role model in that respect, imo. ...

And do we know for a fact, whether or not she is spending Jordan's money on plastic surgery? She didn't come from the slums, her background is relatively affluent. ...

I should add that if it weren't for Queen Rania my interest in the Muslim religion would not have taken off and I'd be much more ignorant of their ways and customs. Rania has raised the profile of Islam and the varying sects in a positive light that counterbalances all the news of extremist beliefs and practices. That in itself should be considered invaluable to the Jordanians, imo!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:07:13 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 06:03:29 pm »

thanks... i always thought shes naturally beautiful...she and Letizia are starting look a like...better stay away from Armani and Elie Saab for now  easter-lol

I thought that too until I saw pictures of her before the wedding. She had a huge fat nose and her chin is diffent too. Then she went of the diets lane, she was more beautiful with meat in her bones...

Rania supports great causes (I gave her kudos for doing it coming from a muslim country) but for a while now that she gaves an image that she's more a socialite than a modern woman that helps others. When she started to attend jet set parties, hang out with Hollywood starts and doing too much expensive vacations in Europe people started to wonder what exactly she wanted, being serious about her causes or be rich and famous. I did and I don't live in Jordan or have backwards views...

In the past few years, I've seen her doing few engagements in Jordan. She spent most of her time abroad, being photographed with famous people in very expensive clothes while people in her own country were facing difficulties. That and the fact that she supposely put her finger on political decisions gave a very bad image of her... Sooner or later would bring trouble...

And Rania isn't a monarch, her husband is. She's only a consort.

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 06:05:40 pm »

Rania is the CONSORT, not the monarch. She has no business getting involved in politics and she's too interested in the jet set when she should (and this is something I crticize about maxima) be concentrating on her own country. It's not politically correct, but that's not the point of royalty.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 06:19:11 pm »

^^^ I should have used the word royal rather than monarch, as I did not mean to say she was the ruler of Jordan. However, I don't agree that she has no business to voice her political views. I don't agree that any royal has no business voicing their political views in this day and age. The only way Rania can "meddle" is if people let her. That was my point. She has no political power, so if she somehow has influence it's most certainly not undo influence! Women weren't allowed to vote in the U.S. or have a say in politics at one time, just as constitutional monarchs aren't allowed to either now. However, I think that will change eventually, just as the rights of women have changed, if the monarchies evolve and remain intact. In reality, lobbyists and special interest groups have more sway in decision-making than Rania could ever dream of and a royal should not have to give up a right afforded to the rest of the people. Most governments, including Jordan, have some form of checks and balances so that no one person's voice is the only voice. I think to oppress Rania would be a collective step backwards for women and children.

Also, when celebrities are UN Ambassadors (which I do not agree with on premise) and/or have not-for-profit organizations, they are the very people Rania has to collaborate with to spread her message, garner financial support, and network with for the betterment of women and children. Thus, I don't consider her behavior jet setting. And I wouldn't expect her to wear cheap clothing to do so. ...

Bottomline: SHE'S NETWORKING.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:27:34 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 06:50:53 pm »

I agree on the jet setting she has started to be more of a celeb than a monarch. What the hell was she doing in San Remo???

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 06:53:15 pm »

When I knew she was at San Remo, I was like huh

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 07:03:05 pm »

During bad economic times, what on EARTH is she doing in San Remo? Or anywhere else?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 07:15:39 pm »

Queen Rania was in San Remo for the 1 Goal Global Education Campaign last February. I'm not sure which trip you three are referring to, but she doesn't just travel to places where celebrities frequent without an agenda. Rania's always got a plan and an itinerary that has something to do with human rights and/or education, no matter if its a fashion show or a music festival, etc. and she's been successful in gaining support at such nonconventional events. I applaud her for her creative use of venues to further her causes. She's most certainly not going to get the exposure and financial contributions sitting in Jordan and requesting they come to her for afternoon tea! ...

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 07:21:20 pm »

She's most certainly not going to get the exposure and financial contributions sitting in Jordan and requesting they come to her for afternoon tea! ...

Why not? Why not bring so many prestigious people to Jordan and give Jordan the prestige of hosting such a lovely event? She's Queen of the country for pity's sake!

Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 07:43:39 pm »

^She tried!!! one she told that she wanted that people saw jordania  like a place to visit!!! I would love to... but i can go to Viena Berlin Prague and Budapest for less!!! it's very expensive!!!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 07:52:44 pm »

KF: To answer "why not?": Not many people see the logic of spending their own money to travel half way around the world, so as to network and/or give financial support on top of the costs to have tea with a Queen. Rania is meeting them halfway, so to speak. And she's getting exposure the world over through her travels. Rania also entertains people in Jordan, when it pertains to Jordan. However, not all of her interests are within the borders of Jordan and I don't think she should be confined to one country, which isn't even her homeland! Besides, she does plenty for Jordan. Rania is a global citizen, purveyor of peace, and humanitarian, not just the Queen of Jordan. Rania's work is not about her image as Queen of Jordan, but truly about the work she is doing. ...  

The Jordanian government is not financing Rania's global initiatives or not-for-profit organization and given her transparency of character, I highly doubt they are paying for the entirety of her "extravagent" lifestyle. For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would want to immobilze another that is doing good throughout the world and serving as a beacon of light for others. Especially when the criticisms, from tribal elders, of her extravagence are not due to recession, they're do to ideological differences. Jordan is not experiencing the economic woes of the Western world and our hardships are no excuse to suggest restriction of her mobility, imo. There's nothing wrong with being a go-getter, provided she's not doing it solely on Jordan's dime and I don't think she is, excepting her security costs. Also, she's representing her country well and no one in diplomatic circles appears to have a problem with her except some traditional elders in Jordan. And I believe in time, such will be straightened out, as I suspect they have some preconceived notions as to where Rania's funds for worldwide travel are coming from.

For God's sake, she just received the James C. Morgan Global Humanitarian Award for 2010. Queen Rania is well respected internationally and Jordan should be proud of her! I hope she is unstoppable and continues to bring much needed changes for women and children living in poverty!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:58:56 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 08:41:08 pm »

When the economy crashed, Rania should have cut back traveling and then proceeded to stay within Jordan and start living more austerely. Tribal leaders are strict, some irrational, but in others, logical. They don't like scandal and they don't like the West's values and they are likely the type to get apoplectic when they see the woman who represents their women overseas jet setting. It's not politically correct, but it's who they are.

Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 09:05:06 pm »

^^^ I understand that's the way they are, except the immobisation part, even though I think some of their views are backwards. Maybe someone can reframe the situation for them to understand & accept that she is doing good in the world and necessarily just representing the Badouin tribes or their belief system. ...

royal_watcher05
courtier

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 04:14:45 am »

Rania has done an enormous amount of good for Jordan and the perception of the Islam in the west. I wouldn't call her a socialite. I think she is a very international figure though. Which I do not find anything wrong with. A Queen working for the betterment of the world is a good thing in my opinion. NO country lives in a bubble and is affected by its preception in the world and things that happen outside its borders. I have no problem with any royal having an international profile and certianly not when it is in regards to education and the breaking down of sterotypes. Rania has done a lot of charity work in Jordan, espcially with the school system.  She has engagements and I think does them rather well. The article also notes that she is Palestinian, which is probably part of this.
No I dont like that she got plastic surgery and is too skinny for my personal taste,but I am sure living in the public eye brings enormous pressures with it. 

lynda
royal watcher

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 04:45:58 pm »

How much would the world have known about Jordan without Queen Rania & Noor...................they have done so much to bring attention to their country
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 01:38:16 am »

Does aanyone know if the Iranian Royal Family has a website?

I have also heard of someone named Prince Stephie Pahlavi Zan of Iran.

Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 01:47:49 am »

dontknow

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2011, 05:41:50 pm »

http://www.rezapahlavi.org/

That´s the only one I know which is official.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 08:46:44 pm »

Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: