Royal Gossip
July 27, 2017, 01:49:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Middle East Royal Familes: Pics & News  (Read 54150 times)
Dahlia
Baroness

« on: January 04, 2011, 07:49:02 pm »

http://www.rezapahlavi.org/details_article.php?english&article=485&page=1

After Leilas suicide, the second in the family. My deepest, deepest condolences to the family!
Especially Farah!!

Mia
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:56:08 pm »

How tragic!! Poor mother...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 09:43:42 pm »

RIP....

Indeed very tragic.. and he was a very atrative men..

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 10:06:25 pm »

:( May He Rest In Peace ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 12:35:11 am »

Rest in peace.

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 03:43:46 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344193/Tragic-double-suicide-Shah-Irans-children-battled-start-new-life-U-S.html

[
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 02:47:59 pm »

CNN: Jordanian tribal figures criticize queen, demand reform

Amman, Jordan (CNN) -- In unprecedented criticism of Jordan's royal family, three dozen prominent Jordanian tribal figures issued an urgent call for reform Sunday and warned that the country may follow Tunisia and Egypt into turmoil without it.

The statement from 36 members of the country's major tribes attacked what they called the interference of Queen Rania in running the country. The queen, "her sycophants and the power centers that surround her" are dividing Jordanians and "stealing from the country and the people," the letter states.

I always felt that her antics would cause trouble in Jordan...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 02:49:47 pm »

Me too.

AFAIK neither Noor nor her have been very popular in Jordan. No wonder why.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 02:54:33 pm »

"Meddling" is their middle name and in a country like Jordan it's very dangeous, imo...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 02:59:29 pm »

I would like to know if the rumours of the king and her being separated are true and if this will mean the end of Rania's era. Best moment to publicly divorce her.  hide

I've always though that Rania was a PR stunt for Occident so we would think that Jordan is so modern and everything. And it's why I think that even if the king wanted to divorce her couldn't because all the press would go against him.  easter-think

I hope my opinion does not offend anyone.  Embarrassed

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 03:38:47 pm »

You don't offend me. I always though that Rania changed alot after their marriage. He married a nice and educated girl who turned into a socialite, imo. All those jewels and palaces went to her head... Plastic surgeries, expensive clothes, travelling... The Rania he married is not the Rania he has now, so it would surprise me if their wedding is dead...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 04:06:13 pm »

But she is useful to give a certain image of Jordan.  dontknow

Mia
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 04:11:30 pm »

Rania never gave me a good impression of Jordan because she always seemed fake to me. I believe in the causes that she supports but not in her...

If it was personal ambitious or to give a certain image of the country, it always seemed PR to me...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 04:23:39 pm »

Well i think that rania is a beautifull woman!!! she dresses very well.. but i never saw he working for her country  bignono only thing that i know that she goes to schools see people!!!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 04:36:37 pm »

Rania may be beautiful but isn't a natural one. Soon as she married she did a few plastic surgeries. Vanity and style doesn't make you a good royal, imo. And I believe she isn't a good one...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 04:53:13 pm »

^Well i agree mia... but i never said that she is a good royal at all!!!
the only thing that she knows to do is chose clothes!!

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 05:15:41 pm »

Recession/depression + perceived excess in monarchy = reform or revolt, apparently.  I'm especially pleased to read that the leaders protesting have some regard for how US money may be allocated (or squandered).  It would be wise for any monarchy to take this global unrest very seriously.  In the end, people want a voice and choice.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
benign
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 05:24:32 pm »

Rania may be beautiful but isn't a natural one. Soon as she married she did a few plastic surgeries. Vanity and style doesn't make you a good royal, imo. And I believe she isn't a good one...
thanks... i always thought shes naturally beautiful...she and Letizia are starting look a like...better stay away from Armani and Elie Saab for now  easter-lol
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 05:37:42 pm »

^^^ I don't understand Rania's need for plastic surgery, as she was once a natural beauty, imo. ... And perhaps Rania is more progressive than Jordan is ready for, however, I also take inot account whom in her country is critizing her and they are the old men with backwards views, imo. I think she's done a fine job for Jordan, taking up the cause of educating women and children at home and abroad. We live in a globalized economy and it is oppressive to expect Rania to temper her passion for Women's issues and contain such a passion to Jordan, a land where she faces opposition for helping the most vulnerable.

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich.

The criticisms Rania is experiencing now have been experienced by strong women throughout history. I applaud her for being bold, courageous, and outspoken. Perhaps she could temper her spending and traveling, but to say her spending and expression of political views is corruption is just plain backwards. In time she will be revered for her progressive views. And I'm not sure why anyone would consider her a bad monarch. She has already done more for educating women and children than most and that's really at the heart of what these old school tribal leaders don't like. Monarchs aren't meant to be ornaments and if that's what people consider a good monarch, then what's the sense of a monarchy really? Might as well hire a celebrity for ribbon cutting and high profile patronages. ...  
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 05:41:24 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 05:47:59 pm »

"We refuse the squandering of public money and aid to polish her own personal image at the expense of the nation," the statement said. The signatories demanded a breakdown of how aid money from the United States and European Union was being spent and called for a new election law and greater media freedom.

Resentment of Rania, who is Palestinian, is not new among Jordan's Bedouin tribes, but has risen sharply. In recent days, tribal sources have expressed to CNN their resentment about what they perceive as her lavish lifestyle and her interference in politics.

I always thought that Rania needs to stop trying to be prominent in her own right. She should be wiht her children, traveling with her husband when he requires it, and mainly being a gracious hostess. The POINT of being a royal wife is to be a gracious hostess and Consort, not jet setting around while your husband goes to state visits. Or meeting with psycho models (Campbell) and posing on a motorcycle. These criticisms in the context of her role are entirely legitimate and she has no business squandering money on plastic surgery nad high fashion.

As for Noor, Noor was stupid to set teh precedent for a a high profile role in a country that takes the role of women as mothers/wives very seriously.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: