Royal Gossip
December 14, 2017, 06:46:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zara and Mike in marriage 'blip'  (Read 11054 times)
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2013, 11:23:56 pm »

^

Absolutely Serene Grace. As someone said, I forget who, "these people have not gotten where they are by being warm and cuddly".
William has lived among them all his life he knows exactly who they are. As for KM she must be highly intimiditated by them if a Vice-Admiral like Tim Laurence is. Perhaps she has been treated badly and William has made it a point not to have her in the line of fire. Or should I say the line of sharp sharks' teeth?
 run
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2013, 11:29:46 pm »

I read in the Housekeeper's Diary that the staff and most of the Courtier's (except fr a few)saw Diana as a young Queen, they were impressed by her lineage.

The Royals were a different story, Charles was always  first with the royals, Diana was a married in, but still because of her Aristocratic background she was viewed as deserving of the position, but Margaret hated that Diana outranked her being a married in and treated Diana poorly and the Royals were jealous of Diana's massive, world popularity.
Charles was shocked when she started to eclipse him, the Heir to the Throne.

[/URL]
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 12:05:11 am »

What about Diana as she was an aristocrat? Or was she treated no differently than others who married in?

^
Diana did not have it easy either, though indeed she was an aristocrat with excellent manners. She was was too 'familiar' with the crowd for the RF taste. I read an article that said: "Diana was not aloof and superior like the rest of the insufferable royal family and was consequently ostracized by them. Not to mention that Elizabeth and the rest of blood royals resented Diana’s popularity and were terribly jealous of it."
And as for KM, Mike, Mark Phillips, Tim Laurence, or anyone that marries into that family they are, and always will be, outsiders. Why do you think William could not find an aristocrat to marry him? They knew! what they would be facing if they were to enter that family.

An insider told Life & Style Weekly Print Edition: ‘William saw the pain and anguish his mom went through.’ Another source adds:  ‘The last thing he wants is for Kate to go through the same tough times'.
I really don't believe William concern comes exclusively because of the Paparazzi.

Diana criticised the Royal Family and described her life with Prince Charles as 'torture', says article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-135106/Truth-Diana-phone-spies-guard.html
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:07:04 am by Mon Roi Henry IX » Logged
berlin
Countess

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 01:05:32 am »

Just wow.  I'm kind of speechless on this one.  If the royals treated Diana and Tim Laurence like this I can't imagine how they treat Kate, though in many cases deservedly.  I've also read that the royals were very unsympathetic to the Duchess of Kent as she went through her medical issues.

I used to think that the British RF was the best on the planet, but I they need to be more like the other Euro RFs.  At least their married-ins are treated with respect.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:11:39 am by berlin » Logged
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 02:23:42 am »

What about Diana as she was an aristocrat? Or was she treated no differently than others who married in?

Why do you think William could not find an aristocrat to marry him? They knew! what they would be facing if they were to enter that family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-135106/Truth-Diana-phone-spies-guard.html

IMO William basically dated Kate from 20+something to 28 almost a decade, I honestly don't believe he wanted an Aristo girl "unless" they came easily(in every way) and he "didn't" have to do any work. If Isabella laid it on a plate for him the way Kate did, then I think he wouldhave loved it.

I've read before that basically, He turned Isabella off by his approach, IMO. I think he wanted to "stick it" to his own background. I think William's insecurity is why he chose Kate and her family.

I actually think Zara was rebeling in her own way with Mike. I think she likes being a viewed as a rebel.
I believe since she married him and has him on a regular basis, it may no longer be the same thrill.
I like Zara but she always seems like the type who wants to push boundries  just because....huh
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:31:36 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2013, 02:39:12 pm »

I dson't remember if it was Zara, somebody help me here if you know...but there was one young royal woman that was giving hell to her secretary or guard in public and she was photographed embarassing him.
Darn it! I can't remember who. I do know it was not Euginie, Beatrice nor Anne.
Was it Zara? anyone remembers?
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2013, 06:05:28 pm »

That was Sophie.   bignono
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2013, 06:13:59 pm »

Yep, Sophie.

I don't pity Mike or Tim for marrying in, one worked with them and the other dated Zara for a couple of years. They wanted to marry so they can take the good and the bad.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2013, 01:59:38 pm »

Thank you for the clarification Snokitty.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2013, 03:40:05 pm »

Deep down, I think that is the reason the Windsors are marrying 'beneath' them because everyone in that set knows what they really are. Wiht the fact that they like to be superior, the Windsors don't want to marry someone who they can't condescend, but would have to accept and treat with respect.

I believe it's also why the Windsors prefer foreign charity work over working in the UK; the natives are ever so much more grateful and deferential. Not the UK where they would be around people who are not enchanted with them and would expect something substantial out of them.

After all, they needed a teenager for Charles who had no clue what she was getting into, that is, the reality of life as Princess of Wales.

Why do you think William could not find an aristocrat to marry him? They knew! what they would be facing if they were to enter that family.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-135106/Truth-Diana-phone-spies-guard.html
IMO William basically dated Kate from 20+something to 28 almost a decade, I honestly don't believe he wanted an Aristo girl "unless" they came easily(in every way) and he "didn't" have to do any work. If Isabella laid it on a plate for him the way Kate did, then I think he wouldhave loved it.

I've read before that basically, He turned Isabella off by his approach, IMO. I think he wanted to "stick it" to his own background. I think William's insecurity is why he chose Kate and her family.

I actually think Zara was rebeling in her own way with Mike. I think she likes being a viewed as a rebel.
I believe since she married him and has him on a regular basis, it may no longer be the same thrill.
I like Zara but she always seems like the type who wants to push boundries  just because....huh

I think Zara is a spoiled brat who looks down on Mike and I suspect that the reason she didn't marry someone from a similar background is that they (the men in Zara's class) knew that she was a brat and a jerk and didn't want anything to do with her or put up with Anne as a MIL.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2013, 03:49:16 pm »

I think Zara is a spoiled brat who looks down on Mike and I suspect that the reason she didn't marry someone from a similar background is that they (the men in Zara's class) knew that she was a brat and a jerk and didn't want anything to do with her or put up with Anne as a MIL.

Anne as a MIL. God! have mercy. That's an awful position to be in. oooh
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2013, 04:48:32 pm »

I can certainly see Zara being a spoiled brat. She's always had a hard looking face as well.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2013, 08:20:07 pm »

I thought it was just me that thought she has a hard looking face and is somewhat a brat.
Good insight into the dumb Windsors, KF. It's no wonder that the crème of the crop of the aristocratic set or foreign royalty doesn't want anything to do with them. I can't get why they're like that because it's not as if they're so smart and good looking. It's funny that Zara didn't marry into her own set. She's been with a few athletes, but I don't recall her dating from the aristocracy. To her defense, it could be that the athletes attract her more because they have drive and can't rely on their place in birth that the royals and the aristocratic set does. The rift in their marriage could be the reason they sold their house and moved to Anne's estate where they'd get more privacy if they're calling it quits, imo.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2013, 08:24:40 pm »

If I were Mike and I wanted to leave the marriage, I would be leaving the country, not just the house and I wouldn't be going anywhere near Princess Anne.

To her defense, it could be that the athletes attract her more because they have drive and can't rely on their place in birth that the royals and the aristocratic set does.

I'm a little testy about this sentiment; these aristocrats can't help their birth and second, these aristocrats work their fingers to the bone to keep that family on track, all the time and go figure, the Windsors snub and bypass and treat them with chronic suspicion and resentment.

Second, aristocrats do work hard at running their estates, working hard to end up maintaining them, and work at professional careers, which is more than the Windsors do.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: