Royal Gossip
May 25, 2019, 10:49:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What should Charles Do About William & Kate?  (Read 8299 times)
Snokitty
Princess

« on: February 08, 2013, 09:20:32 am »

Since everyone wonders what Diana would do about Williams life, wife and in laws I got to wondering why Charles has let this go on for so long.

Is he wanting W&K to be hated by the public thereby enhancing his own standing?
Is he so involved trying to get himself out of the mess he has made by interfering all these years?
Is he hoping that Kate will make Camilla more acceptable as a spouse?
Does he just not care enough to teach William anything?
Does he feel that they are entitled to do as they please without giving anything in return?
Is he also loving the Middleton clan?
Has he lost his mind and is going senile?

What does everyone think about Charles having many opportunities to stop this behavior but doesn't?

When one has control of the purse strings as Charles does then there is the option of shutting off the money supply to gain compliance if the person just ignores their obligations and duties.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 09:45:03 am »

I don't think Charles has viable options available to him at the present time.  Sure, he could stop the funding, but William has plenty of money himself to keep his own lifestyle going.   The fallout on Charles would be unpleasant for him.  HM wouldn't be very happy; she'd probably start paying William directly herself.

I think William is quite capable of calling Charles or HM's bluff - if they try to push him, he can just say "fine, I won't attend any royal events then" or "fine, I'll leak to the press about [insert subject]".  He has all the power, they are dependent on him not to rock the boat.

I think things may change in the next 2-5 years though, and HM and/or Charles will have a bit more power over William.  He's going to realise one day that his own popularity is not rock solid.  HM and Charles are wise old owls... they have seen so much in their lives, William is riding high on positive PR and being Saint Diana's golden haired boy - this cannot last forever.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 12:21:36 pm »

Oh I wouldn't write Chuck off just yet he is a man with a plan...I don't know what but he will get rid of Kate and her family in due time ...just remember it's been just two years  the man ain't stupid...he will wait for her to produce the heir and spare and than it will be GAME ON!!! Boney will curse the day she was born!!! Just wait and enjoy the show  Cool. And make no mistake about it Chuck will give us one hell of a show when Liz proves mortal!!!
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 01:35:27 pm »

^ thumbsup Charles knows that the key to survival is being seen doing duties and the fact he is not pushing them to be out and about is telling.Charles is also paying for their PR....so he knows what William and Kate's weaknesses are in the public eye.He is letting these two dig their own grave and when W&K realise that they are in trouble he will put them in line and give them an ultimatium and those two will walk in line.He knows W&K are their own worst enemy.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 02:52:25 pm »

Oh I wouldn't write Chuck off just yet he is a man with a plan...I don't know what but he will get rid of Kate and her family in due time ...just remember it's been just two years  the man ain't stupid...he will wait for her to produce the heir and spare and than it will be GAME ON!!! Boney will curse the day she was born!!! Just wait and enjoy the show  Cool. And make no mistake about it Chuck will give us one hell of a show when Liz proves mortal!!!

I totally agree. Charles plays the long-game. He's about "twenty moves" ahead of whatever these two are putting out.

I think the Middleton's will feel his wrath once the "spare" is produced, then a few years later it'll be Kate's turn.

(I still am questioning if the tip-off to the Paparazzi at the French-Villa, was a "b!!!tch-slap" to Kate & PW, from someone within the Palace?)   spy
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 02:54:28 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 03:11:44 pm »

^ Bingo!!! Right now he is doing little things to keep them "in line" ...the French thing was no accident the uncle Gary thing was NO accident !!!  Cool
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 03:20:14 pm »

To me it is clear that PW is completely brainwashed by the Mansons.
Waity is a disgrace and PW isn't doing anything about it.
He is giving the Mansons every space to let Waity shirk any duty.
She is living with the Mansons semi permanent so no one can call her on it.

I think the only thing PC can do for PW is give him unconditional love and complete honesty.
Away from Camilla and Waity  and the rest of the RF.
PW and PC have a lot of issues to work through and IMO once those issues are resolved the spell of the Mansons will be broken.
PW just might remember who he is and what he needs to do to for the UK.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 04:22:41 pm »

Charles could hurt William by cutting off the money supply because what William has would only support their lifestyle for a couple of years.
Charles has also had more than a decade to solve this problem and has done nothing.

I think William should be sent with Harry on the Pole trip because there would be limited access to the Middleton clan and if William will listen to any of them it will be Harry.

Charles is spineless and will do nothing as long as they leave him and Camilla alone.
bluhare
royal watcher

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 05:26:23 pm »

I agree with everyone here.  I think HM and the POW are just letting the rope dangle so they can hang themselves. 

I *despise* this.  I thought they were so much more than they've shown.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 06:03:35 pm »

I have no doubt in my mind that these two are in Charles sights.  He'll bide his time.  easter-wink

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 06:45:18 pm »

So it is alright for a Father and Grandmother to feed a Son and Grandson rope so they can hang themselves. Really some find that acceptable instead of intervening to try and save him from himself.   blink
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 07:48:04 pm »

^ Bingo!!! Right now he is doing little things to keep them "in line" ...the French thing was no accident the uncle Gary thing was NO accident !!!  Cool

I felt PC or the Palace was behind that UG sting also. IMO, it had PC or the greymen written all over it, the nudie tata scandal too.

Sara Whalen agrees, she thinks that tata nude French Villa scandal was from Pr.C. or the Palace at least.

Is Prince Charles behind Kate Middleton photos topless, bottomless and maybe breathless?

Written by  Sarah Whalen
 Wednesday, 10 October 2012 20:47
http://www.bayoubuzz.com/component/k2/item/122236-is-prince-charles-behind-kate-middleton-photos-topless-bottomless-and-maybe-breathless

I think one of the reasons the Palace didn't stop Kate pre-marriage is because someone on the inside could see that PW was determined to see this to the end(like Pr.Charles w Camilla) I think they did NOT want another supposed unrequited love situation with Kate and William. The best thing may have been to let them marry, let Kate see what it's like and make her life hell in a few years. There was a time when Fergie's press was amazing, I bought some old Royalty and Majesty magazines and her press sounds like Kate's "The Dazzeling Duchess," "Amazing Sarah," The Duchess with a Difference" ,"Sarah's Style", "Sarah chosen as Best Hair in the land"...on and on.....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:56:21 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 08:38:21 pm »

sigh
Spice
Countess

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 08:57:10 pm »

So it is alright for a Father and Grandmother to feed a Son and Grandson rope so they can hang themselves. Really some find that acceptable instead of intervening to try and save him from himself.   blink

I don't find it acceptable, honourable, loving or appropriate.  But I see it as realistic.  I would love it if they intervened and the mess could be fixed up, but they are dealing with an adult who can do as he pleases, and do them a lot of harm if he wants to. 

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 03:45:45 am »

^ thumbsup Charles knows that the key to survival is being seen doing duties and the fact he is not pushing them to be out and about is telling.Charles is also paying for their PR....so he knows what William and Kate's weaknesses are in the public eye.He is letting these two dig their own grave and when W&K realise that they are in trouble he will put them in line and give them an ultimatium and those two will walk in line.He knows W&K are their own worst enemy.

Well said!
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 05:19:18 am »

Unfortunately there are parents out there who feel that as soon as their children become adults that it means that they no longer have any say in their lives.

William's problem was that he was never given any guidance when he was younger on how to be a functioning adult, and so now he expects to have his messes cleaned up, but he wants to do things his own way.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Adeline
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 05:29:12 am »

I think that for right now, everyone is just playing nice. Once the Queen passes away, I feel like the gloves will come off, and a there will be a power struggle between Charles and William (unless for some reason he wises up). They're both stubborn and have large egos, and neither one will want to give an inch, so it's going to be very interesting to watch.  eating cookies
Spice
Countess

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 06:30:54 am »

^^If my parents started acting like they have any right to comment on how I live my life as an adult (and one old enough to have an adult child of my own) they'd get a very clear "back off!" from me.  The time to influence and guide your kids is when they're kids.  Once they're 18 (or 21 depending where you live) their choices and mistakes are their own to make.

The situation is slightly different for Charles and William though, because a major institution is dependent on their actions for survival.  Which kind of highlights what's wrong with monarchy as a form of government.  True democracy does not involve hereditary leadership.  I often think the Windsors themselves would be better off in a republic.

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 01:16:26 pm »

The Climbers are salivating at the thought of the The Throne that's for sure... Chuck is the only thing standing in their way this will be good!!!  eating cookies I say BRING IT ON Climbers C & C will have you for break fast and spit you on lunch those idiots don't know who they are against...Chuck at this point knows he might have to get rid of Willy Middleton and he won't hesitate!!! Question is is Willy THAT stupid? What will he do?  eating cookies
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 01:22:32 pm by Jane23 » Logged
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 02:13:37 pm »

My Sons still ask for my advice on certain things mostly because they know I am older and have seen more than they have. There is nothing wrong with an adult asking a parent for advice for the reason I stated above.

The problem with Charles giving advice is it would consist of how to cover up your bad deeds. It appears some agree that Charles did not do his job as a parent when those boys were young.

Charles and the Queen aren't really in the situation of most parents though because they have the power to force compliance but choose to do nothing about these two.

Charles is just spineless like William and that is why they both married the same type of female.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: