Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 09:20:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What should Charles Do About William & Kate?  (Read 8197 times)
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 03:35:41 am »

They told her two hours before the announcement so she could have stopped it all without anyone knowing. They could have just made some other excuse for why William called the press to the palace. After all the press had been calling the engagement for years so it would just look as if they were wrong again.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 08:57:55 am »

I think The Palace was afraid that Kate would be their new "Camilla" and knowing Willy is self destructive they knew that wouldn't be pretty ...by allowing the marriage they make Boney' s life a living hell without looking like the bad guys ...from now it's all on her no one can hold anything against Chuck!!! Or Liz...they aren't stupid...they knew if Willy dumped Boney on the eve of her becoming 30 it would be a nightmare he might have never recovered from !!! But now The Palace is in control and can do of Boney whatever they like...why do you think she escapes at mommy's all the time? It isn't pretty for Boney behind those Palace walls...I give her another 5 years MAX no way she will last longer!!! sigh
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 09:22:20 am »

^ Makes a lot of sense Jane.
I think it is why WK spends so much time with her family. She cannot cope with the BRF (apart from PW) and the courtiers.
She has proven time and time again that she is not up to this job. She has no work ethic, empathy or sense of responsibility. She just wanted the jewels, clothes and adulation of the people. She has no self awareness at all and will not be guided - so in short, she is a complete waste of time and money.
I believe HM and the rest are letting her make her mistakes, not criticising her publicly, but allowing the public to see her for what she is. Behind closed doors, I don't think WK is having a good time when she is away from her family. She can't hide forever though.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 10:09:56 am »

Kuei, I sadly don't think sovereigns have a choice in things like that anymore. If she had said anything after the announcement HM would have been branded as harsh, cruel, too difficult, and a major *female dog* for standing in the way of 'true love', or even worse snobbery since WK is 'Middle class'. It wouldn't have ended pretty and HM would be the worse for it not WK..

In fairness I agree; at least neither William or Kate can end up whining about not having a chance and a decent young lady won't have her life wrecked because Wk decided they are in love after all, despite William being a married man with a family. Thankfully, another aspect of the Diana Issue, is that an aristocratic or royal young lady won't have to watch over her shoulder for her entire marriage, lest her weak husband let a scheming mistress back in and wreck her life.

I think HM is getting her revenge by letting William and Kate mess up on their own and being branded as terrible people, while she looks like the perfect little angel who never wanted anything to happen and now suffers 'so terribly' on account of their shanigans

I agree and this is the best. William is the one who should have manned up and tossed her out, but go figure, he didn't. Now he can either divorce and be accused of damaging HM or he can stay in this mess of a marriage and watch his grandmother grow in stature while he destroys himself.

If HM is suffering, then she herself should have stepped in a long time ago and taken William under her wing and ended up directing his life more effectively instead of making his life more contradictory by having him train and then party all the stupid time in London. She should have just taken him in, set him straight, and involved him more and more in the daily routines of monarchy and making sure that he didn't bring his party life with him. She had her chance, but blew it leaving him exposed.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 11:10:02 am »

I mean more 'suffering terribly' from the presses stand point. 
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 12:27:25 pm »

Willy deserves everything that I know he will suffer in the future ...I feel sorry for Liz just look at that article about her thinking she had gotten rid of Boney for good just for Willy to hit her with a reunion because he was thinking with the lower part of his body  laundry...I bet you now Willy curses himself for that every day while Liz just shakes her head and rolls her eyes ...
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 01:17:18 pm »

The Queen and Charles do not *despise* William so much that they are sitting back in glee saying "All we have to do is sit here and William will destroy himself" and then what do they get out of him destroying himself? The Queen is already popular and respected and with Charles people would say William is a screw up just like his Dad. The Queen does more of a cover up her families mistakes not let them fall. Charles is self absorbed and spineless. They will let these two continue what they are doing until the people start talking about abolishing the Monarchy and then they will try to get some good PR out there to save their lifestyle.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2013, 02:13:33 pm »

Maybe after William ruins himself, they'll take more substantial control over his life instead of leaving him to flay about exposed. After he crashes they can take him under their wing, but it won't be on any other terms than those that HM and Charles set.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 03:55:58 pm »

The thing is the reason William married Kate was to take the aasy way out. His "part time" disappearance into the military where how much or little he does cannot be seen shows he doesn't have much of a work ethic either. He and Kate just enable each other's laziness. Charles coddled and protected and spoiled Will so that it is difficult to rein him in now.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 05:49:34 pm »

I think just like The Duke of Windsor Willy is unsuitable to become King and (just like Wallis) Kate is just a symptom not the problem ...problem is he just isn't suitable and the upcoming years won't be petty...
terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2013, 07:01:52 pm »

To answer the question...Charles should do nothing absolutely nothing (why should he?) concerning these wastrel minstrels.  thumbsdown

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
sandy
Princess

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2013, 07:24:49 pm »

Charles helped create the person William has become by enabling the behavior by overprotecting and spoiling. Even if he wanted to try to instruct William now it would fall on deaf ears. Right now I think Charles is more worried about his own image than his sons and concerned about HIS reign as King. If he has a non-working direct heir who doesn't help him and pull his weight he would need to turn to Harry and the York girls for assistance.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2013, 08:08:41 pm »

thumbsup

Andrew sure kicked Charles's butt in the child rearing department.   tehe
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2013, 09:53:00 pm »

So it is alright for a Father and Grandmother to feed a Son and Grandson rope so they can hang themselves. Really some find that acceptable instead of intervening to try and save him from himself.   blink

Snokitty, no I definitely don't think it's OK to just leave someone twisting in the wind.  We also do not know what discussions were had between any of the parties privately, I can't believe Charles hasn't at least taken William aside.  He sure did with Harry, per Harry's own words.

However, when your grandmother is the Queen and you need her permission to marry, and you only tell her of your impending engagement two hours before it's announced to the world, and you only tell her of her great-grandchild on the way immediately before it's announced to the world (when the Middletons had known for two weeks!), there is definitely something off in the communication area.  The Queen's silence has been deafening.  She has not said anything publicly about the future third in line to the throne.

Some think William is stubborn enough to not listen to anyone else.  Perhaps they are sick of talking to a deaf ear.  Hence the "rope" comments.  I don't know.  None of us do.  But it makes sense to me.

Bluhare,
I agree with you. William is old enough and hard headed too.  There comes a time in an adult's life when he/she cannot expect the eternal guidance or coddling of a parent. Nor put the blame for the past coddling on that parent.
It's up to William not Charles how William behaves.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:57:03 pm by Mon Roi Henry IX » Logged
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2013, 10:15:14 pm »

I value my parents' guidance and when I want it, I ask for it.  But IMVHO any other input from a parent to an adult child is on slippery ground, because of the tendency of many parents to not be able to let go of their child and learn to respect them as a fellow adult.  I've known many parents to burn themselves out trying to "guide" their kids as adults... interfering isn't respectful or loving behaviour, it's an insult to the "target" of the interference.  At worst, it can enable destructive behaviours and thereby affect the next generation.   Unless our adult child asks for our advice, we should zip it. 

IMVHO of course.  sigh

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2013, 10:39:15 pm »

Spice I agree with you 100 %.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2013, 11:47:19 pm »

As a parent I wouldn't let one of my children drive themselves off a cliff just so I could say "Well at least I didn't interfere".

Comparing our lives to the lives of the royals doesn't work IMO because they are run in different manners.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 02:39:29 am »

When PW played court jester to Mike Middleton in the church before the wedding, cracking jokes and wanting to make Mike laugh, I knew it was hopeless (for now anyway.)   bored3

All that joking and manic grinning at the wedding was just horrible.  thumbsdown
sandy
Princess

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2013, 02:08:58 pm »

I value my parents' guidance and when I want it, I ask for it.  But IMVHO any other input from a parent to an adult child is on slippery ground, because of the tendency of many parents to not be able to let go of their child and learn to respect them as a fellow adult.  I've known many parents to burn themselves out trying to "guide" their kids as adults... interfering isn't respectful or loving behaviour, it's an insult to the "target" of the interference.  At worst, it can enable destructive behaviours and thereby affect the next generation.   Unless our adult child asks for our advice, we should zip it. 

IMVHO of course.  sigh

There are times when a parent cannot sit back and watch their children self destruct or crash and burn. One story comes to mind. George V who was by all accounts a stern father learned  that his second son the future George VI was having an affair with a married woman (this before  the Prince met Lady Elizabeth Bowes Lyon). George V took his son aside and advised him to drop the married woman. Prince Albert (future George VI) thought about it and agreed and he went on to have a happy marriage with no entanglements with mistresses. Sometimes it does take advice from a parent to change. This is a true story since it came from the Shawcross biography of the Queen Mother and he had access to letters and diaries. I think this showed very loving and concerned behavior by George V who cared enough to speak up. Had he not spoken up George VI might not have had the successful marriage he had.

I think there are times when advice is needed. I don't think it would have hurt Charles for the Queen to have spoken to him when she saw his interest in married women. And perhaps Charles should foster some project with William to encourage him to get some sort of a work ethic. It does work sometimes to give advice
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2013, 05:08:42 pm »

I agree and who better to get advice from than someone who cares about you. One does not stop being a Parent just because the child turns 18, it is a lifetime kind of job like the Queens. Someone who cares needs to show William that there are consequences to his actions because apparently they didn't explain that as he was growing up.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: