Royal Gossip
April 23, 2019, 05:49:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What should Charles Do About William & Kate?  (Read 8177 times)
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 02:27:12 pm »

I don't know about Charles but I wish Cameron would "man up" and say something about the constant holidays that PW and KM take. I know that they pay for the holiday but the taxpayer is having to pay for security. These holidays are like sticking two fingers up to the British public who are going through a difficult time at the moment. What happened to Cameron's "we are all in it together". 

I  hope that when we have the next general election we have a leader that will take on the Royals big time. They need to have the threat of a referendum on the monarchy as a shot across the bows.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 02:30:32 pm »

They are getting ready to investigate the royal finances and one of the reasons is they have been using tax monies to fund private Holidays. 
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 02:55:25 pm »

^

Well I hope that Cameron does not pussy foot around and they get such a shot across the bows. I think that they are pushing their luck now. I have greatest respect for the Queen but even she has sort of given up.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 04:49:22 pm »

^^If my parents started acting like they have any right to comment on how I live my life as an adult (and one old enough to have an adult child of my own) they'd get a very clear "back off!" from me.  The time to influence and guide your kids is when they're kids.  Once they're 18 (or 21 depending where you live) their choices and mistakes are their own to make.

The situation is slightly different for Charles and William though, because a major institution is dependent on their actions for survival.  Which kind of highlights what's wrong with monarchy as a form of government.  True democracy does not involve hereditary leadership.  I often think the Windsors themselves would be better off in a republic.

Wow.  I think one of the major problems of the modern generation is that we turn our backs on our parents and don't seek or follow their wisdom.  We should heed wise counsel from those who've lived their lives, made their mistakes and triumphs, and learned from them.  It's a sad indication of modern society that we reject our forebears and old landmarks because we think we know better.  It's killing our society.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 05:05:40 pm »

So it is alright for a Father and Grandmother to feed a Son and Grandson rope so they can hang themselves. Really some find that acceptable instead of intervening to try and save him from himself.   blink

Snokitty, no, it's not alright.  But at the same time I do not believe that anyone can save another - not when the other is as old as William is.  William has to want to change, to want to be saved from himself, and when all is said and done, the only person we all can change is ourselves. 

Just in my opinion.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2013, 08:22:16 pm »

This is what I think.  I think that William believes that he had a truly traumatic childhood.  He will not want his child to go through the same thing, and so he will give that child everything (s)he wants,so that said child will know that daddy really loves him and cares for him, and only wants what's best for him.  I'm sure that William, as a child, saw any form of discipline as proof that his life was not the fairy tale that it was supposed to be.

A big problem was that for the majority of his childhood/early adolescence, William's parents were more concerned with mud-slinging and bashing each other in the press (either directly or indirectly) than with raising their children.  Add on top of that, William's mis-deeds being swept under the rug, and dealt with by the palace, rather than by him, and it's no wonder he acts the way he does today.  You see it in his face when things don't go his way-he looks genuinely perplexed. 

Could Charles get rid of Kate?  I'm sure he could convince William to get a divorce, if he really wanted to.  But that doesn't solve the ultimate problem, which is William himself, and there isn't very much that Charles can do to help him there.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 08:32:26 pm »

Pr.Charles doesn't work that way, he would never ask William to divorce Kate. He will be all peaches and cream to her. William will believe that Charles adores her and not one fingerprint he leaves will show otherwise.
Charles methods are never visible. He  and (those mysterious dark forces-if there are any)work from the inside out on the "subjectspy

William won't get rid of Kate, imo it'll be Kate who is one day seen running from the Palace(ala Fergie after the toe-sucking incident)

Kate will be made into such a complete and utter headcase by the time the "dark forces" do their work on her, that she'll be begging to be let out of the marriage.

The Nudie scandal was just the beginning and if people think that hasn't dented her emotionally they are wrong.

I give her about 7 to 10 yrs and she'll be begging to get out of the Royal family.

Charles work on Kate in the future will never be obvious, he is too smart for that.
(especially after the War of the Wales years.) Charles will never give Kate or the Middleton's anything they can point to him and say again "It's HIS daddy's fault!"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:37:32 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2013, 08:51:24 pm »

goodpost
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2013, 11:40:16 pm »

So it is alright for a Father and Grandmother to feed a Son and Grandson rope so they can hang themselves. Really some find that acceptable instead of intervening to try and save him from himself.   blink

Snokitty, no, it's not alright.  But at the same time I do not believe that anyone can save another - not when the other is as old as William is.  William has to want to change, to want to be saved from himself, and when all is said and done, the only person we all can change is ourselves. 

Just in my opinion.

I realize William can only do the changing by and for himself. He has to have a reason to want that change and giving into everything he wants or says is never going to give him that reason.

Example: A drug addicted person does and says a lot of bad things. There are only two ways for an addicted person to end it. One is to hit rock bottom and the other way is Death.

Some parents will use any method at their disposal to save their child. Including and usually first the money supply. If there is no money then they will hit rock bottom quicker.

I am not saying that William is drug addicted but he is out of control in another way. He is addicted to laziness, holidaying, trashy family, privacy and lack of compromise on 95% of things.
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 02:36:05 am »

^I agree, which is why I don't think getting rid of Kate is going to solve the overall picture.  William was dating Carly before Kate, but Carly wouldn't give him everything he wanted (sex) and Kate was more than willing.  Kate isn't the cause of William's problems.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 03:24:16 am »

I don't think PWilliam will change. I think he will just be a weak King.

Same with Charles, I think he won't ever change, I think he will probably be a stronger King than William, but I don't see his reign as a illustrious one. Both the Windsor heirs to the Thrones are weak when it comes to their personal lives. imo

[/URL]
bluhare
royal watcher

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 05:29:12 pm »

Snokitty, no I definitely don't think it's OK to just leave someone twisting in the wind.  We also do not know what discussions were had between any of the parties privately, I can't believe Charles hasn't at least taken William aside.  He sure did with Harry, per Harry's own words.

However, when your grandmother is the Queen and you need her permission to marry, and you only tell her of your impending engagement two hours before it's announced to the world, and you only tell her of her great-grandchild on the way immediately before it's announced to the world (when the Middletons had known for two weeks!), there is definitely something off in the communication area.  The Queen's silence has been deafening.  She has not said anything publicly about the future third in line to the throne.

Some think William is stubborn enough to not listen to anyone else.  Perhaps they are sick of talking to a deaf ear.  Hence the "rope" comments.  I don't know.  None of us do.  But it makes sense to me.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 06:10:34 pm »

Remember those reports that surfaced when PW and Kate got back together in 2007, that the Queen was surprised since being given asssurances by William that it was over(saying he didn't love Kate enough to want to marry her) that he then went back to her; the Queen supposedly felt it would end in tears?  I think after he went back to Kate in 07, the Queen figured let him make his own bed and let it play out.  I agree the Queen's silence around Kate and the entire marriage has been deafening.

Britain's Queen Elizabeth is reportedly unhappy about her grandson Prince William's rekindled relationship with Kate Middleton.

The queen is said to be worried that the young couple's romance - which ended in April when William decided he was too young to commit to Kate but was back on last month - is doomed to "end in tears."

A source told Britain's Daily Mail newspaper: "It was William's own decision to split from Kate in the spring and that is why they are uneasy at London's Buckingham Palace that it is back on.

"The queen takes a long view on such things and she can't understand why having been assured by William that ending the relationship was the right thing to do, three months later they're back together. In short, she thinks it's all going to end in tears - although, of course, she hopes it doesn't."

The queen strongly fears William could end up making the same mistakes as her own children, who have all gone through divorces.

William, 25, consulted with the queen and his grandfather Prince Philip before first ending his four-year relationship with the 25-year-old brunette beauty in April.

The prince reportedly felt he did not love Kate enough to marry her. Some courtiers fear that his change of heart has been influenced by a wish not to appear like a cad.
http://www.exposay.com/queen-elizabeth-not-impressed-with-kate-middleton/v/12749/

[/URL]
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 06:11:23 pm »

I think both my men Chuck and Hazza have completely washed their hands off Willy because they know he is a nightmare to deal with and confronting him won't do any good ...I also think the three men will come back looking like  BFF2 when Liz proves Mortal because their Survival will be on the table and they will make all the right moves ...but it seems the bond the three shared is forever broken!!!  sob Even between the two brothers ...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:15:26 pm by Jane23 » Logged
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 06:28:32 pm »

When PW played court jester to Mike Middleton in the church before the wedding, cracking jokes and wanting to make Mike laugh, I knew it was hopeless (for now anyway.)   bored3

[/URL]
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 08:20:40 pm »

Snokitty, no I definitely don't think it's OK to just leave someone twisting in the wind.  We also do not know what discussions were had between any of the parties privately, I can't believe Charles hasn't at least taken William aside.  He sure did with Harry, per Harry's own words.

However, when your grandmother is the Queen and you need her permission to marry, and you only tell her of your impending engagement two hours before it's announced to the world, and you only tell her of her great-grandchild on the way immediately before it's announced to the world (when the Middletons had known for two weeks!), there is definitely something off in the communication area.  The Queen's silence has been deafening.  She has not said anything publicly about the future third in line to the throne.

Some think William is stubborn enough to not listen to anyone else.  Perhaps they are sick of talking to a deaf ear.  Hence the "rope" comments.  I don't know.  None of us do.  But it makes sense to me.

That is when the Queen had the opportunity to use some control all she had to do was refuse him permission. She could have said not until Kate proves she understands work, duty and responsibility.
bluhare
royal watcher

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 01:28:48 am »

However, when your grandmother is the Queen and you need her permission to marry, and you only tell her of your impending engagement two hours before it's announced to the world

That is when the Queen had the opportunity to use some control all she had to do was refuse him permission. She could have said not until Kate proves she understands work, duty and responsibility.

And I agree with that wholeheartedly.   It's unfortunate it didn't happen.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 01:41:07 am »

At the moment, HM is head of the family and she is the one with the 'right' as Sovereign to act; Charles can't yank the chain because the one in charge is HM. I have no idea why on earth HM isn't doing anything, but until he's king, Charles' hands are tied.

However, when your grandmother is the Queen and you need her permission to marry, and you only tell her of your impending engagement two hours before it's announced to the world

I'll never understand why HM didn't push back when William railroaded her the way he did. Any other Sovereign would have gone nuts on him and demanded an explanation and ended up putting a stop to the plans, if not outright ordering a cancellation until further notice. I know (like everyone else) that HM doesn't want to be Queen, but really, she should be able to assert herself and take charge in an area where she's at least educated and trained for (unlike all the meddling in politics).

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 01:58:51 am »

Charles yanks on the chain whenever he feels like it. Charles does have power but seems to only use it for himself and his pet projects. It is to bad his Sons weren't one of his pet projects maybe then they could have gotten the attention they needed.
Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 02:56:04 am »

Kuei, I sadly don't think sovereigns have a choice in things like that anymore. If she had said anything after the announcement HM would have been branded as harsh, cruel, too difficult, and a major *female dog* for standing in the way of 'true love', or even worse snobbery since WK is 'Middle class'. It wouldn't have ended pretty and HM would be the worse for it not WK. I think HM is getting her revenge by letting William and Kate mess up on their own and being branded as terrible people, while she looks like the perfect little angel who never wanted anything to happen and now suffers 'so terribly' on account of their shanigans.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: