Royal Gossip
April 18, 2019, 09:54:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess of Cornwall launches new initiative to help violent physical attack victims  (Read 3594 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: February 06, 2013, 12:16:41 am »

Duchess of Cornwall launches new initiative to help violent physical attack victims by giving away wash bags with luxury toiletries 'to make them feel more human'

Camilla came up with the wash bag idea after meeting violent physical attack survivors
    Clarence House staff are making up 750 bags full of shampoo and body wash
    Products have been donated from companies including Marks and Spencer, Champneys, 2 True and Trevor Sorbie
    The packs will be distributed at three centres in London in a two year trial
    If successful, the Duchess hopes the scheme will be rolled-out nationwide

The Duchess of Cornwall is to distribute hundreds of wash bags filled with toiletries to victims of violent physical attack and sexual assault as part of a revolutionary new initiative.

Camilla came up with the idea herself after meeting with a group of survivors in Derbyshire and discussing what would make them feel ‘more human’ after going through such a traumatic ordeal and subsequent forensic examinations.

Staff at her private office at Clarence House are personally making up 750 bags using donations of shampoo and body wash from companies including Marks and Spencer, Champneys, 2 True and Trevor Sorbie.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273982/Duchess-Cornwall-launches-new-initiative-help-violent physical attack-victims-giving-away-wash-bags-luxury-toiletries-make-feel-human.html#ixzz2K4cLJt8s

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 01:32:03 pm »

Good for her  thumbsup

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Cressida
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 02:04:59 pm »

Perhaps she should start up toiletry bags for women whose husbands come home to them having slept with someone else.  bored3

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 03:12:39 pm »

Oh fir christ sake stop harping about that ancient sh*t will ya
Would it truly kill ya to admit this might be a very sensitive and helpfull initative she's doing?
Jeez. .. Shes doing more then some other in this family

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 03:51:11 pm »

past is present and never forgotten...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Cressida
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 03:52:39 pm »

Nope, I won't. I don't care if she cures the lepers, she has no place in the royal family. And frankly as someone who was raped myself twenty years ago, it would not have made me feel better if someone had given me a Trevor Sorbie shampoo in a bag.

Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 04:30:48 pm »

I like the fact that she went there, listened what violent physical attack victims had to say and is doing something with it.
Even if it would make a tiny difference for violent physical attack victims it would be money well spent.
She is also active for osteoporosis and I think she should do more for women's issues that are not glamorous and where there is shame, guilt and non awareness going on. thumbsup
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 04:57:25 pm »

You aren't the only one, Cressida.

IMO - I think what she is doing for women is excellent.

It amazes me that one woman can do no wrong - ever, and this woman can never do anything right - ever.

Not even "some" of the worst criminals are treated like this.  bignono

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 05:07:07 pm »

Isn't what we do here with Kate?

I think we have to accept that Camilla is a very controversial figure like Diana is/was.

Anyway I don't know if giving free shampoo I don't if it's the best she can do, a campaign trying to make violent physical attack something women shouldn't feel bad about or something like that could be better imo.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
benign
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 05:27:23 pm »

Nice initiative from Camz...hoping it would be a success..
berlin
Countess

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 05:37:04 pm »

I think the primary focus should be on the issue, not giving praise to the Duchess.  Hopefully more support will come for these organizations.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 05:47:02 pm »

I don't think Camilla is exactly a role model for women.  But Kate is disappointing because she could make a difference by choosing more serious venues for royal duties outside of sports arenas, movie theatres, red carpets and dress up galas and shopping trips. why can't she visit hospitals or visit shelters for abused women or something that causes attention to causes? I think the royals should not have a scaled down monarchy, because maybe "lesser" royals could champion causes and avoid the glitz and glamour venues.
HC
Countess

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 07:24:26 pm »

ok, I'm asthonised.

That is the first time I've ever thought anything really positive about Camilla.

Caring for raped women that is really impressing.
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 07:26:15 pm »

It is something "small" and certainly nothing earth shattering, but it's an idea and a gesture that helps to bring some normalcy to these womens' lives, and I think it's very comendable.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 07:55:08 pm »

Hopefully this will make people question when will Will and Kate pick up the slack and work for the people and not themselves.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 02:57:39 am »

^interesting point.  I would love to know what Camilla really thinks of Kate.  I wonder if Carole is annoyed whenever Camilla does something positive, taking the attention away from Kate.  Well, Kate, the solution is to win the public over by doing something, anything, worthwhile yourself.

I am sure Camilla and the other royals do things like this all the time... Princess Eugenie's visits to the hospital where she had her spinal surgery as a child are particularly awesome.

It's good to see a senior royal aligning themselves with a cause that is probably "unspeakable" in aristocratic circles.  Traditionally the royals do not like to be associated with things that are extremely personal in nature.  A lot of the aftermath of violent physical attack is about shame.  I hope the women receiving these gifts felt just a little better because Camilla thought of them.  Would be nice to do something for male survivors of sexual assault too - an even more taboo topic for many, I'm sure.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 04:17:55 am »

I was just thinking that it would be awesome if William took up male violent physical attack as a cause. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 06:27:15 am »

Would be nice to do something for male survivors of sexual assault too - an even more taboo topic for many, I'm sure.

I agree; mainly because all these filthy teachers are attacking teenagers and stuff. A friend of mine had an affair with a female teacher and told me just recently. I told him that it was a brave thing to tell me and he actually ended up getting stalked by the witch.

When I read stuff like that, I understand the Islamic views of women at times.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 06:44:59 am »

^Well, I am against all forms of abuse-of-power or violence towards another human, whether it involves men, women, adults, children etc.  Numerically, girls and women are victimised more often than boys or men, anywhere in the world, but I still like to draw attention to male survivors, as some of my male friends have been affected by this.

I also prefer to use the word survivor, again taking the lead from my male friends.  One of them told me he doesn't see himself as a victim, but he does say he was "victimised" and there is a difference - to him anyway.

I don't see Charles standing up for male survivors any time soon, because no doubt it would bring up the controversy about Michael Fawcett. 

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 07:24:54 am »

There is definitely a difference.

I am just sick of women in positions of trust doing these monstrous things.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: