Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 05:49:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buckingham Palace  (Read 11469 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2016, 09:43:26 am »

Apparently HM isn't spending the money allotted to her for security purposes properly. HM gets millions, but things like this happen.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2016, 10:39:41 am »

HM doesn't get money for security. All security concerns are handled by the Metropolitan police. HM gets money for maintenance of the state owned occupied royal palaces and her official expenses such as the costs associated with the State Opening of Parliament but security comes from a separate budget and is not handled by the royal family at all but by the police.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2016, 07:35:26 pm »

I wonder if this was an inside job in the sense that some very powerful people are very pissed off at the Windsors. HM herself once mentioned  'dark forces' to Burrell and I think the Windsors are in the doghouse.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2016, 07:50:44 pm »

^^@meememe  I am very impressed by your comprehensive knowledge of royal affairs - have you ever worked for the RF?
Val
Duchess

« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2016, 07:58:31 pm »

^

Crossed my mind too!
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2016, 10:18:52 pm »

^^^^  And that seperate fund for the Met - who funds that.  Yes, the good old taxpayer again.  HM does not fund it, so where else does the money come from.  The Met is taxpayer funded.  Whatever way you look at it anything and everything to do with HM and the rf is taxpayer funded, including the Duchies  - whose income is from the taxpayer. All roads lead back to the taxpayer and that is a proven fact  -  as facts are facts and need back up I do like to do my research.  Nowhere else for it to come from, who is going to fork out that kind of money, other than maybe the Bahrainis, who seem to fund a lot of things for the the British rf these days, including a new air force base.  No wonder the Bahraini king was seated next to HM last Sunday  -  seems to me HM had no choice after all the funding coming from him for that new UK air force base.  So are we left to wonder if the Bahraini royal family also fund their security and not the British taxpayer?  They do seem to get a fair bit of finaical support from the Bahrainis.  We have been led to believe over the years Met security is funded by the British taxpayer, but if not them then who, because someone has to be coughing up the money if HM does not pay for it personally  -  the money has to come from somewhere, the cost runs to the tune of millions for HM and rf security.

I posted this on another thread earlier  -  HM 90th Britday bash last Sunday, quite an interesting read.  So maybe it begs the question, also, as to what else do the Bahraini rf fund for the UK rf these days, and not just a UK air force base.

Interesting, it would appear to be the case that the only reason the King of Bahrain was at HM´s birthday bash was because he is funding a Royal Naval base. Pay back time and just shows how in hock we are to Arab elite.  No wonder he was seated next to HM, more like some brown nosing on HM´s part to have him sat next to her as opposed to protocol.  Strange how their human rights abuses apparently do not matter to HM in certain situations  i.e. having a UK naval base funded by the Bahraini royal family.

Queen seated next to Bahraini king at birthday bash… because he’s bankrolling UK navy base?

Bahrain is one of the sponsors of the Royal Windsor Horse Show, but Britain shares more interests with the Gulf island kingdom than equestrian pursuits.

Human Rights Watch (https://www.hrw.org/middle-east/n-africa/bahrain) called the seating decision “an error of judgement.”

Why would Britain associate itself so closely with such a regime? The British government has every reason to promote this royal friendship. Last year, the UK began constructing a new £15 million ($23 million) Royal Navy facility in Bahrain, which will become the first permanent British military base in the Middle East in over four decades.

It is mainly funded by the Bahraini royal family and is expected to accommodate Britain’s new Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carriers and Type 45 destroyers. 

https://www.rt.com/uk/343419-queen-bahrain-human-rights/

As they say, be sure your sins will find you out .
india
Princess

« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2016, 10:39:19 pm »

This is all very interesting.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2016, 11:10:27 pm »

^^@meememe  I am very impressed by your comprehensive knowledge of royal affairs - have you ever worked for the RF?

I haven't but I have friends who have worked for them and their children and grandchildren still do work for them.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2016, 11:28:19 pm »

You sound more knowledgeable than that, I assumed you were staff or  Rebecca Deacon
Val
Duchess

« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2016, 11:30:35 pm »

^

My thoughts too.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2016, 11:14:32 am »

I thought maybe assistant to juggers.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2016, 02:06:05 pm »

@Meememe.  Are they in service or estate workers?
Val
Duchess

« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2016, 05:18:45 pm »

The  council tax payers of wherever the royals need security - there has been some anger in Norfolk that they have had to cough up for specially trained armed police around Amner on top of the extra police they have to provide for the royals in general.

Then of course there is the hidden cost to Berkshire Council Tax Payers to protect Manson Manor which will be 365 days a year 24 hour protection because they spend so much time there with the sprogs. Ken Wharfe called Wasty out on this when she went home post natal (allegedly) instead of KP. He said just the six weeks or so would cost millions.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2016, 05:45:06 pm »

That is correct. So we, the taxpayer, are funding security for viper ma 24/7 x 365 days per year.  Nice if you can get it.  The rest of us have to pay for our home alarms, etc, plus fund council caro, now that has always stuck in my throat, a nobody, always has been and always will be, and our taxes have to pay to give her 24/7 protection.  So much could be done with that money  -  NHS, doctors wages, veterans, old people, starving children, but nope, it gets spent on that common old lapper tart at Dangly Dell.
india
Princess

« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2016, 10:16:59 pm »

The Old Vile Hag needs that security. She is the most hated woman in the UK.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2016, 10:27:15 pm »

I haven't but I have friends who have worked for them and their children and grandchildren still do work for them.
[/quote]

Ah, thank you for that.  The below stairs people learn about the finer points of protocol and etiquette from their colleagues higher up the pecking-order. The footmen, maids, etc, are employed to keep the grand house running - just as they did 300 years ago. They are paid to be subservient, to be seen and not heard and, above all, to keep their comments to themselves. One only has to check from where the Principal Private Secretaries, Private Secetaries, Press Officers, Equerries and Secretaries are recruited - the Civil Service, the Diplomatic Service, the Armed Forces, industry, media, etc.  They do not come from "below stairs."  Knowing one's place is still alive and kicking within the Royal Household and is still expected to continue and be adhered to in these modern times as well.  The cachet of the job is working for the RF - apparently -  hence the children and grandchildren continuing their family tradition.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2016, 11:00:12 pm »

I'm very surprised at how the BRF doesn't just live at Buckingham Palace instead of having all these London estates. There is KP, but it's not like BP is too small for them to figure out which room/suite would be a good place for them. The Balmoral/Sandringham would be sufficient country homes.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2016, 11:05:29 pm »

You sound more knowledgeable than that, I assumed you were staff or  Rebecca Deacon

@everyone I think we should not try to question the identity of anyone here.  flower
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 11:26:37 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2016, 11:15:03 pm »

@Meememe.  Are they in service or estate workers?

They have worked in a range of positions at BP and Windsor and have been amongst the staff taken to Sandringham and Balmoral.

They come into contact with royals on a daily basis for the most part given their different roles (there are 6 grandchildren and one child of my friends still working for the royals while all 5 of their children started work there and my friends met at BP and after marriage lived at BP for a number of years - until she fell pregnant for the first time - and like many women at that time was expected to resign, which she did.)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2016, 02:14:17 pm »

News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak
The Government has announced funding for the Royal Family will almost double for the next ten years to fund renovation of Buckingham Palace

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
The royal household is being given extra money from the taxpayer to
fund a £369 million 10-year refurbishment to Buckingham Palace.

The Buckingham Palace work  includes replacing electrical wiring, water pipes and the heating system, and will begin in April 2017

Buckingham Palace £369 million refurb funded by 10-year increase in Sovereign Grant from equivalent of 15% to 25% of profits of Crown Estate

The new calculation of 25% means that in April next year the Queen will receive a Sovereign Grant of £76.1 million

The Queen will remain in residence at Buckingham Palace throughout the refurbishment work but may have to move bedrooms temporarily

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: