Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 05:50:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buckingham Palace  (Read 11470 times)
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 07:24:25 am »

Last month, bankers from JP Morgan Chase had a party at Buckingham Palace. Among the guests also Jamie Dimon, just days after he settled with the American Justice Department over fraudulent dealings of the bank.
Andrew Duke of York was responsible for renting out several rooms of Buckingham Palace for the private party of the top of the American bank.

Yikes...how deep can they sink I wonder?
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 01:16:49 pm »

The Repulicans have posted this on Facebook.  Link to the article here.  Love the comments.  Obvious that he is the queen´s favourite child, he gets away with murder.  Can´t believe she allows her to hire out BP, especially for scoundrels like this lot.  There is, as is remarked, the little question of security.  When will she take this good for nothing, waste of space, in hand?  Never I suspect.  I don´t like Chas, but no wonder he has not time for air miles andy, he takes the rf to a whole new low level.  A disgrace to his family and the nation.  Aging badly and going to see, so fat these days, Joe Public and his sponging from ma must pay well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2512418/Duke-York-centre-new-palace-hire-row.html
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 03:48:41 pm »

In another 30 yrs or so, the banks and the goverment may be fully running the Palaces as full on Museums and the Royal Family will no longer be living in most of them.

[/URL]
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 05:28:25 pm »

^
^^
^^^
Since I am not a UK citizen, I am always a little hesitant to comment, however, on this, it makes me wonder what he really knew about Fergie selling access to him.  This is bad juju.   
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 06:23:18 pm »

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter23 Nov
The Financial Times thinks Prince Andrew's embroiled in fresh controversy.  Others don't see a problem. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/fd9dfa96-53a4-11e3-b425-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2lSYTX9FX

Revolting-Subject‏@UnRoyalReporter6h
@RoyalReporter the role of the reporter is to hold power to account. So where do you stand on bankers being waltzed around palaces?

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter4h
@UnRoyalReporter I'm also in favour of more events that open up the palace to ordinary UK taxpayers. After all, we own it.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 06:38:13 pm »

Yes, Richard Palmer is now officially an enemy of the palace.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YankeeDuchess
courtier

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 04:59:21 am »

I want to throw a party at BP. king Who do I call?  eating cookies
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 06:59:01 am »

Andy or Willy..........
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 11:02:15 pm »

laugh laugh
rather sad but true....

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 11:33:34 pm »

Buckingham Palace intruder fixated with the Queen sentenced to 16 months in prison
A MAN who was rugby-tackled to the ground after jumping over a fence outside Buckingham Palace with a knife has been sentenced to 16 months in prison.

David Belmar, 44, from north London, was sentenced today after admitting trespassing and possession of blade.

Belmar leapt over a vehicle barrier at the palace's north centre gate before armed officers tackled him to the ground on October 14 2013.

At an earlier hearing, Prosecutor Edward Aydin claimed Belmar had a fixation with the Queen and that he was on medication for mental health issues.

Mr Aydin said: "His behaviour that morning...was unpredictable."

He said: "As you can see he's quite a large man. He was rugby tackled to the ground because he wouldn't stop. Police called out on two occasions.

"Armed guards had to stop him
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/454060/Buckingham-Palace-intruder-fixated-with-the-Queen-sentenced-to-16-months-in-prison

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 12:08:04 am »

to bad the some of the royals who break the law don't get short term imprisonment some of the things they've done they should be sentenced JMO
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 02:00:41 am »

The RF is given millions for security and for some reason, someone is able to break in.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 08:40:33 am »

Pretty ironic isn't it?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 08:15:03 pm »

Very; now, HM is the one who owns this palace and lives there (spare me the 'held in trust for the nation' bit) and so she should be the one asked why there isn't an effective security system in place and why she's still asking for more money. People with less money have better security systems in their home.

I wonder where all that security money is going; with all that money, they should have state of the art sensors and cameras everywhere.
They have put the security money in hiring more RPO's to carry their luggage and shopping bags instead of using security measures that work.

I can never get over that; you forget the other aspect of being an RPO is to make sure the royals don't get parking tickets and keeping the paparazzi away.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 04:30:00 am »

^ KF - you are being provacative again loveshower

The Queen occupies apartments at BP - there are tour groups all over the place - office for givernment and royal bureacracies - state and private functions being held there - you can now rent a room for private dinners etc - so to say the Queen owns it is absurd!  If the monarchy goes - the Queen does not get to keep BP nor does she occupy the whole building - so she does not own it and since it belongs to the state - the state has to pay for it.

The Queen is a functionary of the British government - so just as the gov provides security to the prime minister and other ministers - they provide security for the Queen.  Since BP is not the Queen's - the police proivide security for it just like they would provide security at say The London Zoo.  The RP protects people not buildings -

I am surprised they are so complacent about security there -
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 06:03:04 am »

I have developed a prejudice against HM, I admit it.

As for the rest of it, to be able to rent a room to host dinner there, now that is interesting.

HM should be making sure the security arrangements are adequate; she's paid to do that.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2014, 11:07:59 am »

There are no actual Government offices in BP which is why HM gets the budget for its upkeep. However it is a working 'palace' and is used for state functions as organised by the 'palace'. As a recent Public Accounts Committee hearing revealed little of the Civil List (now Sovereign Support Grant) had been spent on the fabric of the property for decades which is why parts keep falling off.

There should be plenty of security around but it's like a rabbit warren and it does seem surprising how individuals manage to breach it.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2014, 01:25:17 am »

Rocking horse to a silver breakfast set: Just some of Prince George's gifts now on display at Buckingham Palace in showcase of royal childhood treasures

What do you get a child born not only with the proverbial silver spoon in their mouth but the whole canteen?

How about a fully-working, James Bond-style miniature Aston Martin DB5 – complete with smoke bombs and a pop-up bullet-proof windshield – or a rocking horse with a mallet carved from an ancient oak tree which once stood on the lawn of the White House?

A new exhibition at Buckingham Palace – Royal Childhood – which opens on Saturday brings together more than 150 treasured toys, outfits and nursery items belonging to nine generations of children who have called the royal residence home
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2704653/Rocking-horse-silver-breakfast-set-Just-Prince-Georges-gifts-display-Buckingham-Palace-showcase-royal-childhood-treasures.html

CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2014, 03:32:39 am »

wow!
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2014, 03:44:49 am »

yes - I do wish I could go to see that exhibit - I hope George gets the chance to play on that rocking horse - it looks grand - as well as those cars
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: