Royal Gossip
November 18, 2017, 04:27:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buckingham Palace  (Read 13357 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: February 03, 2013, 11:36:34 pm »

The man, believed to be in his 50s, was spotted carrying two knives outside the central gate of the London tourist landmark.

LONDON — Police used a stun gun to arrest a man armed with knives outside Buckingham Palace on Sunday as throngs of tourists gathered to watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony there.

http://news.msn.com/world/armed-man-arrested-outside-buckingham-palace

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 01:32:06 am »

huh blink
The heck?
Two knives and a pair of sneakers were left inside a cordoned off area outside the palace gates
A pair of sneakers were cordoned of by the police really? blink lols
Were they that smelly they had to be cordoned of for the safety of the queens nose and the public? laugh

Sorry I know this is probably seen as a serious potential threat  towards HM or the ppl standing there (the shoe bomber, anyone?)
but dang that image hit my funny bone!
"Oh no watch out, he has a big mouth, knives and a pair of shoes! How strangely dangerous" "Hey I know! let zap 300v trough the guy, just to be sure" easter-lol

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 04:02:18 am »

They're so safety conscious in London, esp.  after the 7/7 bombings.  There are probably lots of threats on the lives of the royals that we don't hear about.  As much as I loathe Waity and Willy, I don't wish actual harm on them.  It would just make them into martyrs anyway.

HM will be at Sandringham until after the 6th of Feb, the anniversary of her accession to the throne.  The guy is probably unbalanced,  if he was seriously plotting to harm HM, he could at least go to where she is.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 08:44:45 pm »

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/event/exclusive-tour-buckingham-palace-spring

In the company of an expert guide, enjoy an Exclusive Evening Tour of Buckingham Palace when the Palace is not usually open to the public.

I just received my e-news letter from the royal collection trust and noticed this little tidbit.
Now we know that BP is usually only opened up to the public fo a short time during summer when the queen resides at Balmoral, right?
Do you think this might be a 'test' to see if they could open it to the public more often?
I mean she isn't in BP much during winter either as she stays in Sandringham for about five weeks so..
Perhaps this means that in time they might do the opposite from Windsor castle: open during the week but closed during the WE when HM stays there.
So maybe in time weekend openings for BP ?
Would bring in a lot of of money for the collection.

Any thoughts?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 08:48:43 pm »

Last year when I checked tickets for BP I think they already had this option.  dontknow

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 11:37:18 pm »

They have been discussing opening up all the palaces year round in certain areas of course.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 06:48:12 am »

Really, I must have missed it then.
I do remember they did those guided tours with bubbles during the eve in summer but during easter-break as well? sly dontknow
i think it would be a great idea to open it more frequently then i is now

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 08:47:12 am »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/buckingham-palace-burglary-shock-intruder-2257731
A burglar broke into Buckingham Palace after climbing a wall and kicking open a door.

The man was arrested in a royal state room on suspicion of trespass, burglary and criminal damage after police were alerted.

A suspected accomplice was held in the street outside the royal residence and arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle.

Both men were questioned at length before being bailed.

Full background checks were being carried out by officials seeking to rule out any connection to terrorism.

No members of the Royal Family were present when the break-in occurred at around 10pm on Monday.

However, a probe is under way to ensure their safety is not compromised. The Queen has been told of the break-in.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 09:16:33 am »

Probably James; the Midds have to finance their lifestyle somehow and he has to think of his financial future.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 10:50:59 am »

tehe

Good one.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 03:30:53 pm »

tehe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 08:34:32 pm »

I wonder where all that security money is going; with all that money, they should have state of the art sensors and cameras everywhere.

sassafras
Countess

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 11:41:31 pm »

Phil Dampier writes that the Sunday Express has the exclusive on how Prince Andrew was held at gun point, believed to be the intruder.
Kit
Baroness

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 01:48:05 am »

Apparently 2 days after the break-in, officers took Andrew down at gunpoint in the garden believing him to be an intruder. 

So of course there's now an inquiry since Andrew is throwing a fit.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 03:47:28 am »

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 35m
Met police refutes 'Prince Andrew held at gunpoint' story: "The man was satisfactorily identified. No weapons were drawn & no force used."
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 08:39:07 am »

I wonder where all that security money is going; with all that money, they should have state of the art sensors and cameras everywhere.

They have put the security money in hiring more RPO's to carry their luggage and shopping bags instead of using security measures that work.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 09:25:04 am »

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 3m

Scotland Yard is facing a major inquiry into the worst security breach at Buckingham Palace in 30 years, Sunday Telegraph reports.
Senior police officers will have to explain to Home Secretary how man managed to scale a 12ft fence, evade dozens of armed police at Palace.
Palace intruder kicked down a door & made his way into the state rooms, which are accessed through an inner courtyard of the Palace.
Palace intruder was only finally arrested when he set off a motion detector in the room, Sunday Telegraph reports.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 09:33:33 am »

They should be asking the RF why there isn't a more modern security system developed; they are paid a fortune for that very purpose on a yearly basis.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 10:40:57 am »

Security is a separate issue to the Soveriegn Grant which is maintenance not secuity. Security for the royal palaces comes from the police budget.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 11:42:28 pm »

Man charged with trespass and possession of a knife after Buckingham Palace arrest
 14 Oct 2013 22:29

Police say they stopped a man as he tried to enter the Queen's London residence by the north centre gate shortly before noon

A man has been charged with trespass and possession of a knife after being arrested at Buckingham Palace.

David Belmar, 44, will appear before West London Magistrates' Court tomorrow.

Police say they stopped a man as he tried to enter the Queen's London residence by the north centre gate shortly before noon today.

A knife was found when officers searched the man outside the Palace at 11.30am.

Buckingham Palace said the Queen was not in residence at the Palace when the drama unfolded, and no one was injured.

The security scare came just six weeks after a man was arrested on suspicion of burglary after climbing a fence to get into Buckingham Palace.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/buckingham-palace-arrest-man-charged-2370913#ixzz2hjrix9hH

[/URL]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: