Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 03:53:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's Patronages II  (Read 33055 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2018, 01:53:06 pm »

She had tremendous opportunities to get a job in an art gallery while she was waiting for the proposal which took years. She could not have cared less about using the degree. IMO
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #201 on: December 18, 2018, 11:34:42 pm »

And now this utterly useless woman’s on track to be queen consort. It still amazes me that she’s giving Meghan the side eye when she’s so useless herself. She can’t give speeches and definitely looks disinterested in anything other than glitzy events where she gets to play dress up. I’m beyond fed up at how she’s being booted up in the media and on social media as classy and caring. She’s neither as she’s still a lazy commoner. It’s beyond a shame that Wills gave in a took her back after rightly dumping her. Look at all of the trouble she and her family’s caused and how little all of them have given back to Wills. It’s a waste of time trying to get patronage’s for her. She’s barely done anything for the very few she has now.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2018, 12:06:16 am »

Thing is, that the palace needs to stop expecting people to take her seriously. She is always starting up some new project and floundering once she ends up being unable to (or mainly unwilling) to just settle into a stable, routine life that is filled with day to day duties and regular appearances at state events.

I have no idea WHY William took her back; he never owed her a ring and he never owed the press a fairy-tale. For some reason, he handed his sense of reality and control over his life over to a handful of gossip columnists and media personalities and threw his life away. It's not like he HAD no choice.

He could have thrown the press off his back and started establishing a work record of appearances and could have easily started making himself more presentable and had the self respect to start working on wooing someone of substance and accomplishment. Instead he threw all that away when he let the press dictate his life.

She had tremendous opportunities to get a job in an art gallery while she was waiting for the proposal which took years. She could not have cared less about using the degree. IMO

The dolt thought that she would be getting a ring shortly after her graduation and gambled on getting it right away. She thought she would be getting a proposal and wedding within a year or two years after graduation and go figure, she ended up screwing up and loafing around for eight years.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2018, 03:24:41 am »

Waity STILL has tremendous opportunities to do something useful. But we all know she won't because she is lazy. It irks me no end that she does so little while having such a great platform. sauer
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2018, 03:51:58 am »

She was never built for being useful, only ornamental.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2018, 04:46:01 am »

With the world today, a royal can’t really just be ornamental especially Waity who’s a future queen consort. She’s getting praised for being classy and regal, caring and hardworking  laugh compared to Meghan who’s not important in the scheme of things. I’m so disgusted with her for basically getting in Wills way and seeing more deserving women off; women that would’ve had the median ability to string a sentence together, give a speech, understands Wills public role and deal with the press interest. It annoys me that she’s so utterly useless even with expert help given to her after all these years. What’s extremely bad for her and I dare say Wills and the royal family is that more eyes will be on her when Meghan’s no longer used as a distraction. More people will just see what a waste of space she is in her role and Wills will show his displeasure and irritation towards her like he did before; before the distraction came on the scene. eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2018, 05:12:07 am »

I think Kate was trained to be a courtesan, not a consort. There is a difference, even in this day and age. Kate's patronages are ones that could be a lot of fun, but regrettably she has gotten herself caught in the middle of two transition periods that were never completed. Thing is, that Kate has a lot of energy and I think she would be great at royal life, if she had been brought in earlier and if by now had had a decade's worth of engagements. Much to her regret, William dithered for so long (not that he owed her a ring) that she started with no experience in anything, which means that she can't do serious substantive work and regrettably that means that she is in fact in a rather paradoxical position. She has more than enough worldly  experience, but the lack of professional experience in ANYTHING has created a dreadful handicap.

Her lawn tennis patronage is very childish and she's not even doing anything with that. At her age she should be a seasoned worker, making speeches without stumbling and she should be at a point where she has built connections in her own right. Regrettably, she threw all that away during her twenties, which were her prime years where she could have been building a work ethic. She started very emotionally immature as well, plus her determination to change her image into someone who is prim and proper and spent her twenties chaste. That is another issue that is preventing her from focusing on her patronages and duties full time as well. I also do not think she knows how to run a full household and just manage staff and treat them with the respect they deserve.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2018, 07:26:34 am »

Off topic

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2018, 08:21:22 pm »

Any bets that Kate's other less famous patronages are resentful that they got assigned to her and that she is basically giving them the middle finger each time she creates a new patronage with her at the top, minus having to put in effort? I can't remember any of her earlier patronages and I do think this is kind of a low blow for her to ignore them and gad about creating new ones.

india
Princess

« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2018, 11:00:43 pm »

I am sure if she was more involved with them it would be to their detriment.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #210 on: December 26, 2018, 10:23:49 pm »

I wonder how different things would be if these charities didn't need a royal to be a patron in order to get official approval to operate. I believe these charities might be frustrated that Kate is going off on founding new charities while ignoring the ones that were assigned to her.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #211 on: December 26, 2018, 10:31:31 pm »

No British or Commonwealth charity NEEDS a Royal as patron in order to be able to operate. Charities do like high profile royals as patrons however, as their name and prestige brings publicity. So they ask for them when they apply.

I remember reading years ago a retired official at BP wrote that charity bosses would sometimes become very unenthusiastic if one of the lesser known royals was suggested, though after persuasion they would come around.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2019, 09:56:19 pm »

I think Kate is getting the royal ballet.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2019, 03:33:30 pm »

@NursingNow2020
On our first anniversary, Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge has reaffirmed her support of Nursing Now and ensuring that health is for everyone, everywhere. Read her full message here on our website: http://bit.ly/2IFL9ue  #healthforall #NursingNow @KensingtonRoyal
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2019, 01:20:37 pm »

Rebecca English
The Duchess of Cambridge has become Patron of the Foundling Museum.
 The new patronage has been announced ahead of her visit there later today where she will learn how the organisation works with art and artists to transform the lives of vulnerable & marginalised young people
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2019, 02:06:24 pm »

^ A big one for Kate, I think?  The Foundlng Home was very important to Queen Mary.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2019, 05:13:20 pm »

She looked really good today. A little star struck but really good. Love the outfit, love how she behaved - professionally, like a royal would.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: