Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 07:55:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's Patronages II  (Read 33051 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2016, 10:03:15 am »

This is from another thread, posted by Countess of Holland on the kate meddleton patronages thread

But the Duke of Kent is still president of the Wimbledon All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club.

And I must say that for a patron, the Queen had an abysmal record of attending Wimbledon. Did she ever attend a final game (male or female) in the last 10-20 years?

BTW the change has not been registered yet at the website of the British monarchy:
http://www.royal.gov.uk/CharitiesandPatronages/Search%20Charities%20and%20Patronages.aspx

When you search for Lawn Tennis, the Queen is still registered as Patron, the Duke of Kent as president, the Duke of Edinburgh is Honorary Life Member.

Other honorary members are The Duchess of Gloucester and the Duchess of Cambridge.

My response was this

^^  Exactly  -  a very minimal patronage, and I would imagine most of the population never even knew she was patron to Wimbledon.  A non-event this, just shoving things on her to try and make us thing that HM is handing things over to her.  Heaven forbid, I am pretty sure HM knows that any patronage handed to cath medd will drop into the ocean like a stone, bit of a death knell when cath medd around.  Thankfully for Wimbledone HM was rarely seen or heard of, which is why I think it is a non-brainer the press hyping it up. They must realise by now she was a lost cause a long time ago.  Oops, silly me, they always cover the backsides of the royals  -  should be named the Daily Loo Roll Mail.

As HM never so rarely attends tennis or rugby, and it would appear from comments that most people did not even know she was patron of them, then IMO they do not not qualify as some of HM´s prominent patronages.  The Duke of Kent is the royal face of Wimbledon. The same goes for the Rugby, in recent years Harry is the face of rugby, not HM.  Pushing off the stuff that she rarely attends and is probably not even on her radar screen IMO.

FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2016, 05:21:22 pm »

Oh golly, being patron of Wimbleton sounds so hard. Her face will be exhausted from practicing exaggerated expressions  easter-James I'm surprised they haven't made her patron of Waitrose or Peter Jones instead  Tongue
Val
Princess

« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2016, 07:50:14 pm »

^

It is said somewhere that QE only attended Wimbledon twice during her years of patronage.   That would suit lazy Cath Medd down to the ground.  She does however like tennis so it would give her an opportunity to sit gurning in the Royal Box doing that silly affected clapping and too frequent downmarket double thumbs up sign.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2016, 08:29:15 pm »

On the occasions when The Queen did attend the finals (1977 I think was the last time she attended a final although she did attend the semi's in 2012) she presented the trophy - not the Duchess of Kent who normally presented the Women's Trophies.

I wonder if that is what is going to happen now - Kate to present the Women's Trophies and the Duke of Kent to continue to present the Men's OR will Kate take over both.

If she is there I would expect her, as patron and as the more senior royal, to undertake that duty - a bit of a kick in the teeth to the Duke if she starts to take that away from him after so many years, unless he wants to step back from that sort of duty and given both his health, his age and his wife's health that is a possibility I suppose.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2016, 08:32:50 pm »

But the Duke of Kent is still president of the Wimbledon All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club.

And I must say that for a patron, the Queen had an abysmal record of attending Wimbledon. Did she ever attend a final game (male or female) in the last 10-20 years?

BTW the change has not been registered yet at the website of the British monarchy:
http://www.royal.gov.uk/CharitiesandPatronages/Search%20Charities%20and%20Patronages.aspx

When you search for Lawn Tennis, the Queen is still registered as Patron, the Duke of Kent as president, the Duke of Edinburgh is Honorary Life Member.

Other honorary members are The Duchess of Gloucester and the Duchess of Cambridge.

I did read somewhere that the official announcement will be made during this year's championships so I wouldn't expect an update until July this year on the website.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2016, 09:43:21 pm »

The last time the Queen visited Wimbledon while the tennis championships were on was in 2010. She was photographed in a blue coat and hat. I think it's fair to say that's she's never been a great fan of tennis! Her father was, however. In fact he played in an exhibition match there as a young man. Her patronage may have been one carried on from King George VI.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2016, 02:16:59 am »

EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Is the Duchess of Cambridge's takeover of the Queen's patronage at Wimbledon set to cause uproar?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3427413/EPHRAIM-HARDCASTLE-Duchess-Cambridge-s-takeover-Queen-s-patronage-Wimbledon-set-cause-uproar.html#ixzz3yyO3M2hh

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2016, 02:46:53 am »

The only good thing is she will show up and be interested. The worst thing is she will show up.  Embarrassed
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2016, 02:51:52 am »

If she starts paying more attention to this at the expense of her other patronages, chances are this won't go down well at all. She's being rewarded for accomplishing nothing and doing nothing. If her family shows up, it'll only look worse for her.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2016, 02:55:24 am »

Of course her family will show up. They are such a close and loving family they simply have to just everything together.  Angry
Val
Princess

« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2016, 08:29:14 am »

^

Oscar winning moochers.
india
Princess

« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2016, 12:55:53 pm »

Of course her family will show up. They are such a close and loving family they simply have to just everything together.  Angry

Oh Yes: Everything
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2016, 10:17:41 am »

It is a good article again.  easter-lol

http://katemiddletonduchessordiva.com/

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2016, 05:32:39 pm »

^ laugh laugh  Pretty spot on.  I was reading an article, seems queenie is offloading some of the dross from her patronages, and cath medd on the receiving end.  Did make me chuckle, they got that right.  To be honest, what can you trust her with.  Interested in nothing, wants to do nothing  -  is there a charity that sponsors wasting taxpayer money  -  now she would be ace at that charity.  Everything else just goes over her air head, appears to be little contained in that oversized head of hers.  In queenie´s shoes I would have kicked her over three years ago  -  she never was up to much but is has been downhill all the way since then.
Val
Princess

« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2016, 05:37:17 pm »

^

Unfortunately she just hasn't it in her to improve and if she had princess lessons every day of the week it wouldn't change a thing.  As you say GB she doesn't want to change either so an impossible situation and she should be jettisoned ASAP.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2016, 06:09:56 pm »

Silk purse, sow's ear springs to mind
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2016, 06:32:02 pm »

If she starts paying more attention to this at the expense of her other patronages, chances are this won't go down well at all. She's being rewarded for accomplishing nothing and doing nothing. If her family shows up, it'll only look worse for her.

You already know that Ma will be there and she'll be carrying her big purse with extra chips and minibar wine bottles in it.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2016, 06:40:04 pm »

^Yes, unfortunately as the saying goes, you can take the person out the sink estate, you can´t take the sink estate out of the person  -  viper ma a prime candidate.  Can just imagine one of the royals sat at rugby eating potato chips and swigging wine out of a brown paper bag knowing there are cameras everywhere.  That family are all a total embarrassment  -  if my name was middleton I would get it changed by deed poll immediately.
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2016, 11:01:31 am »

in all honesty, we should give her the benefit that she knows of what she speaks......"roots of poor metal health in adulthood frequently steam from unresolved childhood issues"  She is afterall living with someone who is a poster child adult for this exact issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21jqtJ-UB_w&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

has her accent become more 'affected', or is it just my ear?
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2016, 01:10:53 pm »

^Yeah, she's laying it on a bit thick.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: