Royal Gossip
December 10, 2018, 08:22:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the last movie you saw?  (Read 39833 times)
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #240 on: December 12, 2017, 08:02:23 pm »

The Changeling aan oldie but goodie... unfortunately based on true events  sob

Barnabe et Kitty...
Little light
Countess

« Reply #241 on: December 12, 2017, 08:20:43 pm »

That was a great film.  And I always wanted the money nd to be different but it did reflect what happened, unfortunately
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2017, 11:37:20 pm »

Just came back from Star Wars : the last jedi  thumbsup lips lips lips lips
One piece of advice: don't let the trailer fool ya, cause that clip has some very clever editing! Cool

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2017, 01:36:56 am »

^My son, not the one you met, went tonight, too.  Was it awesome??

I lit the fire, made cocoa and watched the colorized version of It’s a Wonderful Life.  At last.  Not sure if I like the colors or not.  Still thinking on it.  But, I still teared up even though I’m an ol’ cynic.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
casie
courtier

« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2017, 06:54:50 am »

Just came back from Star Wars : the last jedi  thumbsup lips lips lips lips
One piece of advice: don't let the trailer fool ya, cause that clip has some very clever editing! Cool

Oh, see, that's way too many hints!  Don't tell me what happens.  I'm seeing it tomorrow afternoon.  easter-bunny
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2018, 04:29:34 pm »

I have been binge watching movies from my local library...

Dear White People - the title says it all... holy moley I couldn't sit through this one. I forced myself for five minutes and that was more than enough for me! A definite no don't bother with this one!

Contracted - an Indie horror movie ... meh good but leaves you with the feeling did I just waste over an hour of my time watching this? It sucked me in but as I watched it I knew I had better things to do with my time... laugh

Saudi Arabia- a documentary by PBS worth a look, but that warning it has some adult content

Atomic Blonde- loved it.

I like the foreign movies, too although they are hit and miss... fascinating to see the difference in styles of movie making from around the world...

I still haven't seen Murder on the Orient Express- was going to see it around holiday but didn't...

Barnabe et Kitty...
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #246 on: January 13, 2018, 03:28:55 pm »

In just watched The Truth about Emanuel a 2014 thriller with Jessica Biel. It was panned by many critics but I thoroughly enjoyed it. easter-bunny

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #247 on: January 13, 2018, 03:46:32 pm »

In Cold Blood. 

That family murder of the Cuttler family took place just a few miles from my grandmother’s home and she told the most interesting yet terrifying stories about how locked down all the towns nearby were.  People went in groups with police to get groceries, for instance.  Everybody suspected everybody.  That part of Kansas is about as gentle and kind a place as we make in the States.  Honest farming country.  No more. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2018, 03:50:07 pm »

Sounds good. I'll put that movie with The Big Short for viewing next week. If I can find it! loveshower
Hope your grandmum is/was Okay .

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2018, 05:10:11 pm »

^Grandma’s just fine!  The Big Short was really good.  Upsetting but good.  In Cold Blood is a classic worth your time.  I hope!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:23:03 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #250 on: January 13, 2018, 07:14:06 pm »

^ thumbsup

Barnabe et Kitty...
Kins
courtier

« Reply #251 on: January 14, 2018, 01:51:59 pm »

Pitch Perfect 3-better than Pitch Perfect 2 but nothing beats the original IMO
Jumani-Welcome to the Jungle-very funny. Jack Black is a riot!
Get Out-psychological thriller-very good!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #252 on: January 14, 2018, 10:24:48 pm »

Knock On Any Door.  An oldie with Bogart but holy cow was John Derek gorgeous in it!  Too bad he was such a lousy actor. 

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #253 on: February 16, 2018, 10:43:12 pm »

I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of The Man From Uncle with Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer from redbox but no luck so far... has anyone seen this movie?  It looks good.

Barnabe et Kitty...
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #254 on: March 22, 2018, 06:05:34 pm »

OMG!!! I went to library and found a copy of The Man From Uncle. Loved it! Henry Cavill  flirt is now one of my faves and I can't believe I am saying this but I am now an Armie Hammer fan. Shocked after watching him in Free Fire with Cillian Murphy and now Uncle he has won me over and I didn't think he could. tehe And then I watched Bronson with Tom Hardy (another fave of mine) and it was a bizarre but good film. The acting was superb. I defo recommend both films to anyone looking for something to watch.
Next up is Legend. Yay!

Barnabe et Kitty...
Joanna
courtier

Daenerys Stormborn, the true Queen

« Reply #255 on: March 22, 2018, 06:09:41 pm »

The Godfather, loved it.
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2018, 10:19:32 pm »

Rock n rolla, This means war, Swiss army man.... I highly recommend all three... the last one is by far the strangest of the three...

Barnabe et Kitty...
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2018, 10:47:21 pm »

I watched some 90s rom com classics, You've Got Mail & Sleepless in Seattle.  flirt Also Crazy, Stupid, Love.
I'd actually like to revisit some 90s films or watch them for the 1st time, also some classics from the 50s etc. The nice clothes, toned down make-up and hair and somehow the lack of technology are refreshing. Also the whole internet setup in You've Got Mail!!! omg!! Memories!! So simple, but the best is the dial-up screeching and beeping!! In some terms it totally makes you appreciate modern comforts and commodities, like wifi tehe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #258 on: April 12, 2018, 02:09:11 am »

^So true.  I miss those simpler times when people worked at communication and hollered less from the safety of an anon keyboard.

Random Harvest is in my hopper to watch tonight while it rains.  Love that movie.

casie
courtier

« Reply #259 on: April 12, 2018, 09:17:30 am »

I had a friend date with somebody I hadn't seen in 20 years and we went to see Ready Player One.  Neither of us are gamers, but we had a blast.  Lots of 80’s references for those who are into 80’s pop culture…or for those of us who lived it the first time.  easter-wink  I recommend it.  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: