Royal Gossip
October 23, 2017, 11:29:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the last movie you saw?  (Read 27113 times)
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2017, 06:36:01 pm »

I just watched The Allied. I was shocked with Brad Pitts appearance and performance. He just seemed so oooold and almost bloated. He didn't seem like he connected with the character, role, or audience. He seemed almost ill so I hope he is well. Maybe he had a lot of bad going on in his personal life at the time. The movie was fair.

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2017, 01:22:59 am »

^I wasted a part of my life watching this movie too.  Pitt was wooden and sleep walking thru the stupid movie, it was badly written, historically inaccurate and a complete snore.  Watch "Casablanca" instead, plz.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2017, 06:53:43 am »

^ I want to watch Fantastical Beasts movie with Eddie Redmayne. It looks good. Can anyone suggest a good movie esp on Redbox?

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2017, 02:39:39 am »

Gotta give a thumbs up to Hallmark Mysteries, for once.  They're usually all the same and with the same people but the Fixer Upper Mysteries movies with Jewel are refreshing, well crafted and Jewel is a surprisingly good actress.  Better than the pros, actually.  Nice, twisty plots.  Perfect for a rainy day/eve.  Not major brain exercise but cozy mystery stuff.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #224 on: July 07, 2017, 07:06:48 pm »

John Wick Chapter Two not as good and even more violent than the first movie. The ending leaves you with the knowledge there will be a third movie in this franchise. It has the yummy Keanu Reeves so I'll watch it.  tehe

Barnabe et Kitty...
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #225 on: July 07, 2017, 08:47:57 pm »

I just watched a Churchill with Brian Cox and John Slattery. I liked their performances in this film but there wasn't much I didn't already know but Cox was unrecognisable as Churchill. I'd give it 3.5 out of 5.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2017, 01:59:22 am »

Dunkirk.  I really liked it!  And no cgi.  Well done.

deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2017, 08:30:09 pm »

Beauty and the beast with emma Watson. ... it was much better than I thought it would be but not to be mean Emma is just too plain a girl for the lead role.  Oh, well, good on her but it just didn't quite work for me... gaston and the beast/prince should both have been better looking.... worth a watch.

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2017, 02:06:40 am »

Excalibur (1981) Never saw this version of King Arthur but glad I have now.  Well done.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2017, 11:39:03 pm »

“Murder She Said” (Agatha Christie) with the marvelous Dame Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple.  Perfect for a thunderstormy evening tonight.   easter-wink

Val
Princess

« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2017, 07:03:49 am »

Watched United Kingdom last night.  A beautifully filmed drama about a fascinating and important time in history.   Great acting too.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: