Royal Gossip
December 14, 2017, 09:01:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the last movie you saw?  (Read 28231 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #200 on: October 31, 2016, 04:15:47 am »

The War of (on?) Heavy Water.  Super good.  A series, not movie, tho.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Joanna
courtier

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #201 on: October 31, 2016, 04:58:33 pm »

The Great Gatsby  flirt
Maya
courtier

« Reply #202 on: October 31, 2016, 06:24:54 pm »

'I, Daniel Blake'

A true to life documentary about the pressures inflicted on those most vulnerable in British society by those who believe themselves to be an autocratic elite.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2016, 06:34:00 pm »

^^Redford or DiCaprio version of Gatsby?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Joanna
courtier

« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2016, 01:31:43 am »

^^Redford or DiCaprio version of Gatsby?

DiCaprio but I'm dying to get my hands on Redford's version, I just haven't been able to find it yet.  dontknow
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2016, 03:22:35 am »

^Amazon has it but that's in the US.  It, I think, is a more realistic take on the novel, as close as Hollywood can get anyway and Redford is gorgeous in it.  Loved the DiCaprio rendition, tho, too.  Not as good a Nick Carroway as Redford nor Daisy but beautiful movie.

Oh!  It's on YouTube!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:27:14 am by YooperModerator » Logged

Joanna
courtier

« Reply #206 on: November 01, 2016, 05:24:33 pm »

^ thankyou I'll check it ou!
deGuernsey
Countess

Veux-tu m"epouser - oui!!!

« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2016, 08:01:27 pm »

The mechanic resurrection I think it was called with jason statham

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2016, 08:48:25 pm »

Am just starting the Christmas movie marathon.  "Christmas in Connecticut" was last night.  Tonight, "The Bishop's Wife".

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2016, 06:09:35 pm »

I saw Fantastic Beasts last week.  Quite fun.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2016, 11:17:58 pm »

Fannie's Last Supper.  It's on Netflix now.

If you are a fan of Downton Abbey or love cooking or Victorian history, this is a don't-miss.  A group of chefs recreated the final meal that Fannie Farmer had in her last cook book in 1896.  The chefs had to use the same stoves, foods and materials that were used at that time.  A 12-course meal that took them forever that was basic every day cooking in its day.  Fascinating.

Joanna
courtier

« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2016, 12:51:28 am »

The Light Between Oceans, I really like Alicia Vikander's acting and of course the brilliant Rachel Weisz but I felt the movie sometimes pulled too much on the heartstrings, it called too much to feelings, so much so sometimes you'd become sort of unsensitive to what was happening.
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2016, 03:40:36 am »

The last movie I watched was Frozen on ABC. Singing again to let it go is always fun! haha! Then they showed "Return to Arendale" and I ended up seeing some of the faces of the characters which I *despise* because it always throws me off easter-lol.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2016, 04:37:54 am »

^Thats funny.  You know, I'm probably the only person on earth who hasn't seen Frozen.  Gotta try it this winter!

MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2016, 04:52:10 am »

^Oh Yooper you should get on that.  thumbsup They are planning another short movie to come out next year along with a musical and then Frozen 2 comes out 2018. easter-lol You have time and when you do, you will realize, you will get so sick of that song after awhile. I know I was. But then when it came back on tv the other night, I happily sang along again.  tehe

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2017, 04:47:16 pm »

Red Eye with Killian Murphy. thumbsup loved it! Right now I am watching a lot of Irish movies with Killian Murphy, Colm Meaney, Colin Ferrell... next up for me is Disco Pigs and then Intermission.  loveshower soon I shall have Welsh and Scotch movie marathons.  loveshower loveshower loveshower

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2017, 05:41:24 am »

Yeah, it's tv but still 1.5 hrs.  Sherlock's The Final Problem.  Moriarty's entrance is worth the price of admission.  The rest?   so-so.

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2017, 01:33:46 pm »

Snowden... interesting and scary... I want to watch John Wick Chapter Two with Keanu Reeves... looks good and I really liked the first movie even though it was violent. Looks like a new franchise. ... thumbsup

Barnabe et Kitty...
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2017, 03:24:57 pm »

Has anyone watch IT

Or will watch the remake that's coming on September 2017

Stephen King's IT 2 Begins Shooting This Month?
http://movieweb.com/it-2-production-start-date-2017-synopsis/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2017, 05:40:34 pm »

"Allied" w/Brad Pitt.  It's no "Casablanca" but not too bad considering the crapfest that is HWood lately.  A few too many plot holes and Pitt's pretty wooden throughout.  Outstanding cinematography, tho.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: