Royal Gossip
March 27, 2019, 03:21:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balding beats all Royals to claim 'most fascinating person in Britain'  (Read 1507 times)
rollinginthesouth
Countess

« on: January 30, 2013, 03:30:49 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9832591/Clare-Balding-beats-all-Royals-to-claim-most-fascinating-person-in-Britain-title.html

The full list finds “party planner” Pippa Middleton in second position,...

The Queen, described by the magazine as “everyone’s favourite monarch” and a “brilliant impersonator”, comes in fourth
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s dog Lupo in 50th.

The Duchess of Cambridge proved marginally popular than her husband, reaching seventh place compared with her husband’s 16th.

Likewise, Princess Eugenie was found more fascinating than her sister, in ninth position rather than Princess Beatrice’s 15th. The Duke of Edinburgh came in at 36th.

2) Pippa
4) Queen
7) Kate
9) Eugenie
15) Beatrice
16) William
36) Philip
50) Lupo

Where's Harry?

"Something as curious as the monarchy won't survive unless you take account of people's attitudes. After all, if people don't want it, they won't have it." - Prince Charles
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:37:46 am »

lupo the dog ? when i read balding i thought it was PW  laugh
berlin
Countess

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 03:42:55 am »

Me too, Fly on the wall!
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 04:05:09 am »

Same here as you two.

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 04:09:14 am »

I think I saw somewhere Harry was maybe 5 or 6?

[/URL]
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 08:01:58 am »

lupo the dog ? when i read balding i thought it was PW  laugh

Me too!!  laugh
tequiero
courtier

I like to move it, move it :):):)

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 02:02:09 pm »

Me too!!  laugh laugh

Harry-ite #6
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 02:09:39 pm »

Me too.

I thought would have come higher than someone like Pippa but perhaps Pippa was searched because of the Pippatips site.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 02:17:47 pm »

I think I saw somewhere Harry was maybe 5 or 6?

Yup he's number 6

Actor Benedict Cumberbatch features in fifth place, followed by Prince Harry and private members’ club owner and “best-connected man in London” Robin Burley.
theduchess
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 07:13:31 pm »

I like Clare Balding, shes a good presenter, but seriously Pippa No 2? I would have said she was more interesting as watching paint dry.

All my life, I've been fighting my way upstream.
rollinginthesouth
Countess

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 12:34:24 am »

I agree, theduchess. But I originally posted this because A) Kate is kind of down there a bit, B) she is below the Queen, C) William lags far behind, D) Eugenie and Beatrice actually beat him, and E) freakin' Lupo is being counted on there! I just think that this is another signal of the tides turning. Before, I'm sure that William and Kate would have been number one and two with Pippa probably pulling at three. This is especially odd since Kate recently announced her pregnancy. You'd think that would make her the most 'fascinating person' with all of this sycophantic press on her, but it didn't help a damn bit.

"Something as curious as the monarchy won't survive unless you take account of people's attitudes. After all, if people don't want it, they won't have it." - Prince Charles
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 01:46:33 am »

Fascinating isn't always good; most serial killers are fascinating and so are most dissolute actors/actresses. If they used:

Important
Influential

Then it would be (I suppose) a good thing, but they aren't on there. If they were on those two types of lists justifiably then certainly it would be good, but this isn't good at all. I wonder really, how much this can go on. They aren't commanding respect at all and they aren't at all being taken seriously. The world where they should be is passing them by and I don't think they have yet learned how to conduct themselves at important events.

odd since Kate recently announced her pregnancy. You'd think that would make her the most 'fascinating person' with all of this sycophantic press

Kate lacks the same punch mainly because she is someone who isn't some fresh faced ingenue who has just made an appearance. She isn't someone who has a long list of accomplishments as long as her legs and so there is nothing for her to stand on. It's rare that someone who has had such a good start hasn't built on it. 

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 04:01:36 am »

I like Clare Balding, shes a good presenter, but seriously Pippa No 2? I would have said she was more interesting as watching paint dry.

Paris Hilton use to make these lists too. As Kuei Fei said, fascinating is not necessarily good.

Pippa has been somewhat around the Aristo NOT-casting couch.

[/URL]
theduchess
Baroness

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »

What is the world coming to  sob

I bet waity ain't happy with her sister beating her in the poll so at least that's some compensation. Personally I would say people such as the late Sir Patrick Moore, Steven Fry or even Nelson Mandela should be up there in the top 10.

It's a sad day when people are more interested in air heads rather than people who genuinely make a difference.

All my life, I've been fighting my way upstream.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: