Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 11:55:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Charles Know Anything About What Builds Character?  (Read 1394 times)
Snokitty
Princess

« on: January 30, 2013, 02:30:55 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270420/Schools-dont-teach-life-skills-warns-Charles-Prince-says-education-leaves-youngsters-unable-develop-successful-adults.html
Prince Charles has attacked British schools for failing to install ‘character’ in pupils and making them virtually unemployable.

The Prince said the education system is leaving children bereft of vital life skills and unable to develop the confidence needed to develop into successful adults.

While conceding the importance of academic education, Charles stressed pupils need to be taught to cope with the world that awaits them if they were to have a chance of getting a job.

I think that is a Parents job but I guess he thought it was unnecessary with weak Willy because he expected the school to do it.

But some observers will find irony in the speech coming after the emergence at the weekend of letters written by the Queen Mother, in which she begged for Charles, her grandson, not to be sent to Gordonstoun – a school in Scotland with a reputation for character-building – because she thought he would be unhappy.
   laugh laugh

Charles is always telling people how to do things that he has not accomplished in his lifetime.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:33:10 am by Snokitty » Logged
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:22:48 am »

^Absolutely agree. 

How dare he tell the entire education sector of the UK that they're clueless and incompetent.  I forgot, he's already alienated the architects, medical doctors, farmers, developers, and all the voters in a supposed democracy.  he thinks we should "make do and mend" like he supposedly does.  Honestly, every time he opens his mouth...

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 02:56:44 pm »

So how come he went to Uni and sent WIlliam to one? In today's job market, the ones who are more sought after are the ones with degrees. Many even go into debt to get that degree. And Unis DO offer service learning and internship  programs for students to get heads up. Maybe Chuck could go teach courses since he knows everything.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 03:01:17 pm »

I think he is right in what he says but he is not the best person to put these comments forward.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:05:53 pm »

Charles should just keep his mouth shut. He lectures at people from a privileged ivory tower. There ARE schools that do teach life lessons, provide service learning and encourage volunteer work.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 03:08:42 pm »

How many responsibilities are educators suppose to take on? How many children can a teacher teach well at one time? Teachers are humans also, they can only realistically deal with so many at one time and should stick with Academics and Parents should be doing the Parenting.

Besides what would Charles now about character building he is a whiner just like the son he raised.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 06:36:01 pm »

Also, he is making a broad generalisation... you can't say all schools in general are not building character in kids... some might not be but this is just another example of his simplistic, romantic, knee-jerk response to complex issues in the world.  Things are not as easy as he tries to make them sound.  He is so negative... he thinks he is challenging people to to a better job but he's not.  Before you can challenge someone you need to have credibility and trust.  He seems to not realise how much people dislike him.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 07:51:34 pm »

^Absolutely agree. 
How dare he tell the entire education sector of the UK that they're clueless and incompetent.  I forgot, he's already alienated the architects, medical doctors, farmers, developers, and all the voters in a supposed democracy.  he thinks we should "make do and mend" like he supposedly does.  Honestly, every time he opens his mouth...

Charles is so used to security and not having to take risks that he's able to spend all this time thinking up whimsical theories and abstract concepts, must be wonderful. He preaches about:

1. How farmers should do organic farming, even though he himself suffered early crop losses; in the real world, a crop loss means less food to go around and a huge loss of the living of a farmer. Less money to create later crops to feed themselves.

2. How doctors should use herbal remedies (correct me if I'm wrong) instead of drugs that are guaranteed to take the edge off of the pain and know that using herbal remedies is still only a theoretical method of actually curing illness.

3. Suggested that hospitals serve organic vegetables and fruits, despite the FACT that it would increase the risk of an already sick patient ingesting E-coli, a bacterial poison that lurks in non-chemically fertilized foods. I know this because I worked for years in a produce dept. and I saw the warning signs. Organic food is also a lot more expensive because it takes more time to grow and maintain to be ready for harvest. The chemicals in chemical fertilizer are easily removable through a quick rinse in water, tap-water.

4. Insults architects who study for years and work for decades. I dislike a lot of modern architecture, but Charles cannot possibly understand that buildings for business need to be efficiently designed for easy building, cleaning, and suchlike. Not to be entirely artistic or 'pretty.'

Now he's insulting teachers for not being parents and teachers and mentors all at the same time.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: