Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 07:50:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles must go to Eton, said his gran  (Read 1408 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: January 28, 2013, 05:23:59 am »

Charles must go to Eton, said his gran: Queen Mother claimed he would be miserable at Scottish boarding school

Queen Mother warned against sending Charles to Scottish boarding school
Asked the Queen to send the prince to Eton instead, letters reveal
But Prince Philip ruled he should attend his old school

The Queen Mother warned against sending Prince Charles to boarding school in Scotland because she thought he would be miserable, a collection of previously unpublished letters reveal.

She asked the Queen not to send the prince to Gordonstoun, in north Scotland, as he would feel ‘terribly cut off and lonely’.

Charles’s grandmother said he should go to Eton instead, as not only was it much closer to home but also ‘staunchly Protestant’.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2269361/Charles-Eton-said-gran-Queen-Mother-claimed-miserable-Scottish-boarding-school.html#ixzz2JFF1CjRY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:19:47 pm »

Another Pity Party for Charles. He seems to be reviving the Poor Me spin that was in his authorized biography. His problems stemmed from an overindulgent grandmother. Some commentators must work for the Palace they are reviling Philip. Charles and Charles alone is responsible for his screw ups. I guess things are not rosy between Chuck and his Father.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 11:12:04 pm »

IMO I dont see any reason for believe that Philip is/was some sort of father of year.

IMO The upbringing of someone else is important in who someone else becames. I dont think Queen-mother is the ony one to the blame here (what Charles is), she made part of his upbringing - no doubt she was important in person who Charles becames -, as was Queen & Philip, after all Charles was responsability of the Queen & Philip. Their children may have sense of duty but they definitely are weird and dysfunctional bunch. IMO they are all a bunch of spoiled brats.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:14:10 pm by dianab » Logged
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 12:43:01 am »

Charles' upbringing was the responsibility of his parents - parenting is hard and meddling grandmothers do not help.

To me this is further evidence that QEQM was a domineering control freak.  Poor Philip, he had to put up with her crap from the moment they met.

I think Philip was trying to help Charles grow some thicker skin, which is a good thing.  God, imagine if Charles had gone to Eton... he'd have turned out even more pathetic than he is.  He would have been so close to QEQM all the time.

I have no doubt that Charles did find Gordonstoun awful, and was mentally and physically bullied the whole time.  Which is sad, and should not have happened.  But the man is 64 years old and he is still banging on about it. Get some therapy Charles and shut up about your childhood already!

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 01:57:56 am »

I think it is just trying to make people feel sorry for Charles and to forget that he is a tax dodger.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 02:28:40 am »

Ding ding we have a winner!
Smokes and mirrors ppl charles is great at those things.
Watch the left hand aflame with glitter while the right hand is picking your pocket..

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 08:10:14 am »

^ and ^^ I agree.

But I take some comfort in knowing that, thanks to the internet, each little revelation or mini-scandal brings a few more followers over from the dark side.  I used to be a rampant monarchist, but over the years there were enough signs that one day added up and now here I am.  They can fool some of the people some of the time.  In 1936 that was enough, but it's not now.

All these financial questions swirling around them, particularly Charles, carry more weight during a recession.  People are getting really angry.  I think in 10 years' time the popularity levels will have dramatically dropped.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 02:39:36 pm »

Charles is a big grievance collector. IMO  A lot of people *despise* school but they don't dwell on it for years and years. The Queen Mum enabled Charles bad choices and decisions--blaming Diana and Camilla for his marital problems and even lending Camilla and Charles Birkhall as a Safe house (when Camilla was still married to APB). If Charles has issues with his past he needs to see a therapist not make this into a Public Whinefest. He already spilled this to Dimbleby in 1994. Charles is pathetic.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 03:56:50 pm »

Although his parents should have been responsible for Charles upbringing, Charles was surrounded by yes men and sycophants and his Grandmother would also be taking care of him in his parents absence. His Grandmother fawned all over him to an extent that he didn't really learn right from wrong--she even aided and abetted him in his adultery with married Camilla because she wanted him to be "happy." She even lent C and C a safe house. He also got under the influence of Mountbatten who perhaps would have been horrified to see how his preachings to Charles about relationships and marriage were ultimately interpreted by the Prince. I think Charles like William interpreted  advice to suit himself. William was encouraged to see how the other half lived by his mother and was taken to shelters--He interpreted this as trying to be "normal" and like everybody else and giving little back. Charles was encouraged to sow wild oats but he clung on to the mistress and apparently had the idea that it was "OK" to commit adultery because of who he was and he had to be made happy. The spin for Charles as parent is the boys wanted to make him happy. Basically the family was and is dysfunctional but after he grew up Charles and Charles alone decided to make the bad choices he made in his life. He can whine and whine about school but the "school" did not "make him" treat his wife shabbily and cater to a manipulative mistress. He did that all by himself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: