Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 11:50:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Damning Anti-Charles poll result in NZ  (Read 1441 times)
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« on: January 26, 2013, 10:56:22 pm »

Take a look at this:

http://republic.org.nz/media/herald-poll-shows-new-zealanders-want-choose-next-head-state

MEDIA RELEASE 27 January 2013

"Only 1 in 3 New Zealanders want Prince Charles as their head of State, according to a Key Research - Herald on Sunday poll published today" said Lewis Holden, chair of the Republican Movement.

The poll of 1,000 New Zealanders found 43.3% don't want Charles, while 37.4% want Charles. The rest are undecided.

"Whatever their position, it's obvious a majority of New Zealanders want there to be a referendum on the issue. It is the Republican Movement's policy that a two-stage referendum be held, similar to the electoral system referendums of the 90s" continued to Mr Holden.

"After spending $1m on a publicity tour for Charles last year, the result is another reminder that the debate over whether New Zealand should keep the British monarch as our head of State or have a New Zealander as head of State is unavoidable" concluded Mr Holden.

My opinion on all this is that Charles has been able to win over a larger proportion of the UK public than the NZ public purely by saturation of himself and Camilla on public visits etc.  The 25-year campaign for her to be accepted in the UK has paid off for him.  While I am a republican for essentially political rather than personal reasons... Charles and Camilla's reputations over the years have not done any favours for preserving the monarchy into the future. 

The old adage seems to be true... you can't fool all the people all the time. When NZers eventually wake up to the fact that Willy and Waity are even worse than Charles and Camilla, it will all be over for good.  I hope it happens in my lifetime.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:03:37 pm »

Good to see a post from you Spice.   Kiss

I don't think Charles is as beloved as the UK polls show either. I notice he is still doing the clown act with kids to show he is a Prince of the people though. When those kids grow up they will realize someone else did all the work for a trust that he put his name on and become Republicans. With the immigrant population growing and not having been indoctrinated in school to give all to the crown I also don't see much hope for the Monarchy after the Queen goes. Who knows though Charles may pull a good PR stunt.   dontknow
Spice
Countess

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 12:20:45 am »

Right back atcha Snokitty  Kiss

UK monarchists are always touting the approx 80% support for the monarchy... I don't know that it's really that high, but most in the media seem to believe it, for the moment at least.  Waity has caused a boost in support for the monarchy, but it won't last.  Isn't it ironic, these lemmings think royalty is cool again because of a woman whose values and lifestyle are completely at odds with the Queen, who is solely responsible for the monarchy still being in place.

I love the Queen, but in a few years she will be gone, and the wheels will start falling off.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 02:34:41 pm »

Barely one-third of New Zealanders want Prince Charles to be their next head of state, according to a poll taken after his million-dollar royal tour.

The verdict has shocked monarchists, who insist the royal family are witnessing a resurgence in popularity thanks to the marriage of William and Kate and the Queen's year-long Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

http://www.nznewsuk.co.uk/news/?id=37075&story=Many-Kiwis-don-t-want-Charles-as-head-of-state

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 02:57:04 pm »

When you think about it logically we in the UK are allowing someone to have the "top job" with out any thought to whether they are suited to the role or have the right skills. It's madness really. I personally do not think that Charles or William are suited to the role. William seemed to show promise until he went to University and then it went downhill. Charles would have never made it to PM. Too many skeletons in the cupboard.

His marriage to Camilla was not good news for the RF however much has been spent on PR, facial treatments, clothes, accessories, and jewels. People just don't like her and Charles will just have to accept it.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 08:07:35 pm »

I wonder, if Charles had either dropped Camilla or just still had her as a mistress, if whether or not his image would be so negative. Charles was just about to claw himself back and be forgiven and back to respectability, but since his marriage, Camilla is a constant walking reminder of a miserable past and I believe it's a little disgusting for a man to marry his mistress and end up showing off a woman who has no business being where she is. If he had remarried someone else, people would have been okay, but to me, marrying Camilla is rewarding behavior that wrecked his marriage, damaged his wife to the point where she went mad, and ended up humiliating the British nation. It also shoved a huge burden of expectation on his fourteen year old son and caused his son to live in his mother's shadow. Then when he should have been raising his damaged sons, he spent all his time working on and pampering Camilla and neglected their healthy development.

So really it's no wonder no one wants him (Charles) to be King of New Zealand and there is no way that Britain deserves it either.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 08:10:10 pm »

Diana was not mad and she did not humiliate the entire British Nation.  

The insanity things were created by the C&C camp.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 08:20:33 pm »

I meant that Charles humiliated the British nation, not Diana. Diana MADE Britain into a fashionable place and was (along with Margaret Thatcher and Joan Collins) one of the three major female influences during the eighties and early nineties. As for madness, I meant that she was stuck in another environment where she had to compete for what was supposed to be legitimate attention from the primary man in her life. During her childhood her father paid more attention to his new wife than he did his daughter who needed and wanted him, while her husband paid more loving attention to his mistress than he did to a wife who needed and wanted him and loved him.

So in my view, it's no wonder she became as messed up as she did, she kept having to compete for attention that was legitimately hers, losing all the time because she didn't have a sophistication that she wasn't trained or at an age to have.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spice
Countess

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 08:28:53 pm »

I think the boys grew up with Camilla around them all the time anyway, from the mid 80s onwards.  I think that's why they are so accepting of her.  She got in when they were still little, so to them it's nothing new.  Harry would have no memory of his parents being together - they were living separate lives from about 1987 onwards, when he was just 3.  They grew up seeing their Dad happy with his partner, and their Mum happy to not be with him, like so many kids from broken homes do.  Kids often feel they would rather be from a broken home than live in one.

To me, the 2005 marriage was just a formality, the public knew they were a serious item from about 1996 onwards. They were first officially seen together in 1999.  I remember watching this sort of haze descend over the public in 2005 - there were a few murmurings during the engagement but for the most part, people seemed to accept that she was going to be around like it or not.  The official poem seemed to wash everything away, her wedding outfits were awesome, IMO she did look fantastic, they muttered something about manifest wickedness, HM stood next to her on the steps and smiled, and the rest is history.

Crucially, Charles' statement that she would be known as Princess Consort, not Queen, did a lot to calm the controversy during the engagement.  Going back on his word just a few short years later was a big mistake, IMO.  People can tolerate many things, but betrayal is not usually one of them.

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 12:22:51 am »

^
The wedding was a bit of a farce having to change the date at the last minute because of the Pope's funeral. That was somewhat of an omen. Charles went to the funeral and shook hands with Mugabe.

Spice
Countess

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 09:07:25 am »

^Indeed.  I will always remember the Mugabe handshake. Yuck.  Afterwards he said he had no choice and it would have been rude to refuse.  But on the other hand, (bad pun alert) he and his aides must have known, if you sit next to someone at a RC funeral, you're going to have to shake hands.  Actually I blame the Vatican... I know it's a big event and everything but... surely some people should not be invited.  Would they invite Bashar Al-Assad?  Maybe sit all the despots together so they shake each others' hands.  Charles can just greet those who have immense wealth and scrounge from taxpayers without actually shooting people.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: