Royal Gossip
May 29, 2017, 10:36:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Circus - The Spanish Royal Family  (Read 33528 times)
rainbow
courtier

« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2015, 07:11:15 pm »

So they are going to open the marivent? I went to the international school directly opposite. When They used to visit, we would wave at the guardia and security was really tight when charles and di visited. Shame about all the scandals with the family, JC used to pop over to the cafe opposite where all the senior pupils would have lunch. He would always say hello and make small talk, just with one bodyguard. Can't imagine HM popping out of Buck house for a coffee and a chat!
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2015, 07:55:00 pm »

she was invited to the primera comunion (whatever the name is english) and they didnt have to. Though anything could have happened since then. I believe they are family and close though not as close as they once were.
Maybe something worse is coming.

yeah its marivent though the private part will remain private so I think they will expect them there or they will lose it which Leti may like but its bad for them as a whole.
she was invited to go? I know that Irene was there... I though they are trying to do an effort for the children, but after this... I do not believe that they will be friends..

But in future you will see leonor and sofia inviting Cristina and her husband to their weddings, she will be there if she does not lose anything else!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2015, 08:15:34 pm »

She was there with Irene.

What we see is the 1% and they have their strategy which we may or may not deduce.

Felipe has always been super close to Cristina and although the relationship is colder now she is still invited to family functions.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2015, 04:30:06 am »

Interesting.
Joanna
gossip insider

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2015, 12:25:58 pm »

The most intersting thing is how the Infanta says she was the one who revoked her title but Zarzuela denies it. I mean, even assuming that she did deny it, I think she couldn't have her letter "arriving" at the palace in the evening and have her title revoked by HM the King in the morning after. Revoking a title is a matter that has to be issued by Royal Decree (Real Decreto) doesn't it? Issuing a RD at dawn is not done.  dontknow

In my humble opinion, she's lying by saying she's the one asking to have her title revoked and one of the reasons why I believe it is because of what I said before. The other reason is this: supposedly, in the letter she sent, she she adresses her brother as Majestad (Majesty) which would be the correct and formal way to adress her king but when explaining why she wants her title to be removed she adresses him in a more personal way IMHO. Somewhere in the letter she mentions that her title was given to her by their father HM King Juan Carlos. She signs the letter as Cristina, Infanta de España (Cristina, Infanta of Spain) which is kind of a slap in the face of her brother figuratively speaking. Shocked In my opinion by doing that she is kind of saying "so you are stripping me off of my title as Duchess of Palma, a title that our father gave me but I still am and always will be Infanta of Spain, no matter what happens, because I am our father's daughter."
IMHO, the letter screams "You can take away my dukedom but you can't take ever take away my royal blood, you can't erase the fact that I am the daughter of a former ruling king". This seems to be more like in character from what I've gathered her personality is. I may be wrong, of course.

So Marivent will open for the public? For real? It seems like Leti got her way yet again.  sly
It seems that Justice is running its course (which is more than what I can say for my country  sob). No-one should be above the Law, so it's only fair that the Infanta should be judged as there seems to be strong evidence against her yet at the same time it seems a bit unfair that the Infanta is already judged before her actual trial.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2015, 01:16:28 pm »

Marivent was never an official royal residence that is was not part of the Royal Trust, like La Zarzuela is. Marivent has Always been the property of the local government of the Baleares and the RF was able to use it during the summer months in a ploy to attarct more tourism to the islands.
Seeing that these islands have of shortage of tourists anymore, it is very well possible that the government of the Baleares, in good co-operation with the royals, decided on a different scheme, and that included to open Marivente for tourists. God knows the local government can use the money.

And the last couple of years the RF has been visiting less and less anyway. I read somewhere that Felipe felt that being seen sailing his entire vacation was not a good sign to the public (sailing being seen as a rather posh and expensive way to spend free time). So the couple has taken different vacations over the last couple of years as well. So why keep Marivent strictly for the royals if they only stay there for Easter and perhaps one week during the summer?

And I seriously doubt this is all Letizia's doing.
Joanna
gossip insider

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2015, 05:05:57 pm »

^ Yes I know that easter-egg-basket . I meant that Letizia is rumoured not to like to spend part of summer vacations on Mallorca, so if they open Marivent for the public she'd have a good reason for not spending part of summer vacations in Palma.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #207 on: July 02, 2015, 08:47:04 pm »

Though last I heard Corina was dating some arab millionaire seems she is going back to live in Madrid. Journos tried to check who owned the house (public info on Spain though denied in supposedly very special cases) and found out that in the same street there are two mansions with the same number because the town council changed the numbers however didn't change them in the official records. And when they found out which number's is Corinna's they were denied the info...

Second she got furniture from the previous house she was using in Madrid which was owned by the state. And it cost us 500.000 euros to decorate it so the question is: is she getting state property for her private house or not?

And to add to the circus according to some journos Cristina says that if Corinna comes back then she is also going back to Madrid.

http://www.extraconfidencial.com/movil/articulo.asp?idarticulo=13067

http://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial.com/noticias/2015-06-23/chimeneas-de-piedra-y-muebles-de-el-pardo-asi-es-la-casa-de-corinna-en-somosaguas_897878/

http://www.lavozlibre.com/noticias/ampliar/1092959/la-infanta-cristina-quiere-mudarse-y-avisa-si-corinna-vive-en-madrid-yo-tambien

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #208 on: September 23, 2015, 08:47:40 pm »

Didn't want to open a new thread for this because it's random info. But supposedly Sofia is a candidate for the nobel peace prize  laugh

HennyPenny
gossip insider

« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2015, 01:53:53 am »

^^^^^ did she do something while I was napping today? shifty shifty
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #210 on: October 08, 2015, 12:36:39 pm »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/06/spains-princess-cristina-to-stand-trial-on-tax-charges

Spain's Princess Cristina to stand trial on tax fraud charges
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2015, 04:18:28 pm »

It's not something very talked about. It was published everywhere but the interest is not the same as before.

HC
Countess

« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2015, 08:39:18 pm »

It would be quite akward if she went to prison.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2015, 09:50:00 pm »

doubtful that she will

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2015, 10:35:52 am »

I share your doubt but I think it would be very damaging for the monarchy if Cristina were to escape prison.

Even if the King won't intervene in any way, people would suspect he did in order to safe his sister (and nephews and niece), and that alone would be damaging.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2015, 12:21:43 pm »

It would be much worse if she went to prison. That they intervened in the judicial process in nearly expected and wouldn't be the first time. But an infanta of spain in prison would be huge drama.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2016, 10:54:55 am »

So the circus continues...

Spain’s monarchy drawn into banking scandal

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/09/spains-monarchy-banking-scandal-queen-letizia

I don't think the Guardian or any translation can explain in english how ridiculous Letizia sounded in the text messages she sent.

But even if her quirks are funny this scoop is quite serious.

First that it shows that their message of change and we don't mix with corrupt people is simply that a message and all PR.

It also shows how they see the pleb. When Letizia says the newspaper that published the supposed corruption is *poo* and Felipe says Spain is difficult shows that they think they are above everyone and even above the law.

Then when Felipe says that it's better to speak on person confirms something many people supposed that their telephones (and mine? everyones?  spy) is hacked.

So this related to the Cristina case, how no one knew nothing until it became illegal when their telephones are hacked? And their movements watched?

Then how Letizia is removed from her supposed wonderful career. Her comment must have created waves on the ex journos colleagues. Many know more about her and about everything than they say. Even the newspaper talked about by her had the info but decided not to publish.

This mixed how badly it has been going for Felipe with the no government issue plus the cancellation of all state visits is making 2016 a very bad year for them.

The letter by the editor of the affected newspaper is a nice answer to Letizia

http://www.elmundo.es/loc/2016/03/09/56e078cf268e3e370d8b45cd.html

BTW he also mentions how their communications are not as private as they should be and this also connects to an article a couple of weeks ago saying how Letizia keeps two phones. I think this was a message to the RF saying that they know more than they publish.

And this article by a ex lieutenant calls them on their hypocrisy

http://blogs.publico.es/un-paso-al-frente/2016/03/11/la-gran-mierda-de-felipe-vi-y-letizia/

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #217 on: February 16, 2017, 08:44:09 pm »

Tomorrow we will know what happens with Cristina and Iñaki. Just read that he may get prison but that she gets totally free.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2017, 01:00:22 pm »

Iñaki will go to prison. She will not.

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2017, 11:12:46 pm »

Amazing what these reigning royals have done to themselves. And we're supposed to take them seriously when they dress up in military regalia.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: