Royal Gossip
November 22, 2017, 07:06:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Circus - The Spanish Royal Family  (Read 38089 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:03 pm »

I will try to post here every new that will come up and if you have an article you want a better translation just ask me  eating cookies

Iñaki Urdangarín is the husband of Infanta Cristina (daughter to the present king). Iñaki made a foundation with a friend. A foundation is supposed to be a non profit in Spain.

The foundation was used (supposedly) to get contract from the state for example organising events for them, they were usually related to sports as Iñaki was a handball player in the past. The problem was that those events didn't happen or that what they offered (supposedly) didn't deserve the money paid for them. So they (supposedly) got money for nothing.

They also (supposedly) used a lot of tricks to evade paying taxes like taking the money to Luxembourg, Belize... even (supposedly) paying people so they figured like employees.

Supposedly even the king asked some politicians to meet Iñaki so he could do deals with them.

When they started to investigate this the king sent them to Washington.

The news that the perfect son in law was being investigated by the police came out last year. First the RF tried to separate as much as possible from them. They even said that the infantas would lose the position in the royal family but then they said that their public department made a mistake and that wouldn't happen. LOL

Then the there were the scandal about what was going to happen to Cristina, the friend's wife was also a possible responsible in all this but the judge said nothing about Cristina. Although the other wife had (supposedly) a more active role, Cristina also (supposedly) participated. The judge decided that her role wasn't important and nothing came out from that.

The couple was still living in Washington and only the Queen had showed her support to them with a Hello cover.

By September they moved back to Barcelona where they lived before going to US. There are rumours that the people where they live don't like them. One anecdote according to a journo says that when he went to buy bread someone in the bakery said "be careful with your bags because he may still them".  easter-akasha

Came December everything changed. Iñaki and his family went to the hospital to see the king when he was operated. Then the family except the male members went to the theatre together even Letizia which was a surprise because she is known to have a bad relationship with Cristina, now they say because she knew about their (supposedly) criminal activities easter-lol well everything showed that the whole family was supporting the Urdangarin family. Why? Cannot answer.

But we are now in January... and surprise surprise we got a nice present from Iñaki's friend. He made public a couple of mails that (supposedly) shows a link between his foundation and Juan Carlos' lover, remember that german princess who is not princess? Well that one.

If everyone read all of this a cookie for you  eating cookies and let's wait for chapter two.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:06:14 pm »

Well it sounds like Infanta Cristina got herself a real winner there.   laugh

I guess every royal family has its shadier characters. I don't see the royals to allow anything bad to come out of this. I am sure they are working behind the scenes.

Monarchies have remained all these years because of their ability to lie to the people about their real lives and managing the apparatus that gets people to pay for it.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 01:10:23 am »

so surprised about Inaki....I mean from what I have seen on pics and articles, they seem to have the perfect life. But I guess nothing in life is perfect after all...

Why did they come back though? Does that mean Inaki wont be charged and everything will be swept away?
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 02:35:26 pm »

I'm sorry I don't really have time to explain this better, I hope I will soon. But let's say that Iñaki just copied what he saw inside the RF.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 01:03:37 am »

http://www.examiner.com/article/spanish-royal-family-removes-duke-of-palma-from-website
The Spanish royal family took one more step Friday to distance themselves from Iñaki Urdangarín’s mounting legal problems by removing his biography from their website. The site was the last visible sign of a connection to the Duke of Palma,

I guess this means he is out publicly anyway.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 01:06:34 am »

Does this mean "divorce" is next?

[/URL]
beline
courtier

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 01:42:31 pm »

Uh-oh. Not a good sign...
Infanta Elena's ex-husband was also removed from that website the day they divorced...

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 02:43:18 pm »

easter-lol I really doubt there will be a divorce, Iñaki knows too much. This thursday his partner in the non profit they supposedly used to get money for themselves released new mails that were from Iñaki to the infantas' secretary talking about where to put the money.

The secretary had a role in the non profit as well as Cristina did. They've been "lucky" until now because Cristina is not being considered  to be part of the plot but all the information released indicates that she knew all about it and participated (this with the scarce info known from the investigation so a big supposedly).

If Cristina was going to divorce she would have done it in 2006 when Iñaki begun to be investigated. All what she has done since then shows that she is with her husband whatever it happens.

The RF strategy before christmas changed as it appeared that Iñaki was again accepted but the release of mails to the press supposedly from his partner in the non profit has changed all this.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 08:40:20 pm »

A very small comment the secretary of Elena and Cristina is now being investigated because of his connection to Noos. He is very close to both of them and had a very bad relationship with Marichalar.

berlin
Countess

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 11:27:09 pm »

So in a way Marichalar will be vindicated.
HC
Countess

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 01:47:01 pm »

Wow that connection to the Kings mistress sounds interesting.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 05:11:14 pm »

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
A Spanish judge has given the King's son-in-law Inaki Urdangarin and business partner 5 days to pay 8.2m euros bail in a corruption case
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 05:54:17 pm »

Turbulences coming up! The secretary is not going to be fired or suspended until they know what are the crimes he has supposedly committed.

He's been very close through the years to both infantas as he even worked in their school and that's where they met. He was going to start another foundation with Elena after her divorce but it was stopped by the king. There is other employee of the RF in the plot but i haven't read much of this so cannot explain it well sorry!

So in a way Marichalar will be vindicated.

Just last month there was an special article in the vanity fair spain about Elena where it was explained how bad Marichalar had it in the SRF. He wasn't liked by anyone and Iñaki was the golden boy, they thought he was too stuffy. I always liked him so I'm really enjoying the fall of Iñaki and the rest.

HC
Countess

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 06:15:13 pm »

Wow Elena really wants to speak her mind. Good for her. I hope she tells more.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 06:17:17 pm »

She didn't speak directly to the mag, the ones who talked where friends of her and Marichalar. She doesn't seem to like her exhusband much either.

memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 10:23:32 pm »

this is really a circus

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

tequiero
courtier

I like to move it, move it :):):)

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 10:43:57 pm »

Alexandrine, what happened to Elena's marriage? Apart from the obvious "irreconcilable differences"?

Harry-ite #6
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 11:02:31 pm »

gosh I don't know!  tehe

I've always liked Marichalar, he seems to be a gentleman from another time, a bit flamboyant and a snob but he was a royal so it was a positive characteristic not a con. However, he wasn't liked in the RF except for the Queen they say and the spanish people liked to laugh at him especially for a pair of pant he wore one summer  thumbsdown .

The main problem they had according to rumour is that Elena is a more country girl without much sophistication and Jaime likes the fashion and art world. In the VF mag they mention that Elena once told a friend how lucky she (the friend) was because she could wear jeans and sneakers and she couldn't because Jaime didn't like those type of clothes.

When he had the ictus things went worse as he started to have a very bad temper. The rest is history as they say.

One thing that I still cannot believe is that they say that Marichalar needs to go through the palace to contact his chilren  blink

berlin
Countess

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 11:45:39 pm »

Wow, it's interesting that the RF would prefer a handball player over a high aristocrat.  At least the Queen liked him.  However, I did hear that Marichalar made fun of Elena's looks; if true, I don't like.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 11:47:26 pm »

You may be referring to the "joke" he made when Froilan was born, he said that he looked like her mother, poor boy. It was unintentional and at a very stressing moment for him. It's not as if he is an Adonis after all.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: