Royal Gossip
August 21, 2017, 11:10:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RICHARD KAY: Zara Phillips moves back in with her mother  (Read 10436 times)
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 04:09:13 am »

I'm sorry but I don't see this as anything like the drama some people are making it out to be. 

It's like Snokitty said, Gatcombe is a large estate with several houses on it.  One of the larger houses was recently vacated when the Mark/Sandy Phillips marriage ended.  Peter and Autumn already live in a house on the estate, and Zara and Mike are moving into another one.  Their previous cottage was too small, and their townhouse is too far away from the horses.

Money is not an issue for Zara, or Peter.  They are just country people who like having country houses surrounded by their dogs and horses.  The Queen would live this way full time if she felt she could.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
starlite
Baroness

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 03:12:02 pm »

Well in that case, I put them all in the category (Kate, Zara, Peter).

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 03:19:44 pm »

To purchase a home and then sell it so quickly and move back in with her mom reminds me of Kate wanting to go home all the time.

I like Zara's personality,  but.......... this just seems a bit of a flakey thing for her to do ,imo because a home purchase takes thought, it's not something most people go into without weighing all the options and where a person buys a home takes a lot of consideration, so I wonder how much thought, Zara gave before she made the home purchase, since she ended up selling it so quickly.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 03:21:26 pm »

I think money is an issue with Peter, after all he was fired and now he is a sports manager? I wonder how he is doing.

If it was only that Zara and husband moving to the new house there wouldn't be any speculation. But they bought the house they are now leaving thinking it was appropriate for them, the house hasn't change so they have. After all the drama due to the kissgate and then the trips Zara is doing, I really wonder.

agreed Serene  Hi

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2013, 03:24:21 pm »

I think it might be because her Dad moved out of the house he was occupying and it is bigger. So they didn't need the other house anymore.

What I don't understand is why two people need such a large house.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2013, 03:26:20 pm »

But they are saying it was too far away of the horses, why buy that house at all?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2013, 03:32:13 pm »

The original reason was the cottage they were staying in was to small. I don't know but since she is so into horses it seems she would want to be near them. Maybe the drive back and forth was getting tiresome. They also might have financial problems because it costs a lot to live those lifestyles.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2013, 04:20:12 pm »

I think money is an issue with Peter, after all he was fired and now he is a sports manager? I wonder how he is doing.
Yes Alexandrine and Yes Snokitty - I suspect M&Z don't bring in that much in real terms - and perhaps they live beyond their means. There was the recent story of Mike bidding £12k for a racehorse in an auction.

Do rugby players of his type earn that sort of money that £12k is like loose change?

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Spice
Countess

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2013, 09:16:01 pm »

Good racehorses cost anything from 12k to 100k.

Both of Anne's children will have large trust funds I am sure.  All the grandchildren got money from QEQM's estate, plus there must have been money from the Queen over the years... Gatcombe was a wedding gift in 1973... it's a thriving agricultural business that has been in the family for 40 years.  The capital that gets built up over such a long time is huge.

Peter is into elite sports management, I am sure he is doing quite well for himself, and he would have earned a lot in his finance job too.  Zara has several sponsorships and appearance fees.  Mike will be raking it in - I don;t know what sort of money England pays its rugby players but in NZ most of them are millionaires.

Anne would never let her kids get into money trouble... all of HM's children except for Charles get loads of money from her.

As for the Z&M townhouse - people change their minds all the time.  Maybe they didn't like the neighbours.  Most likely they got sick of travelling to the horses all the time.  Prior to the Olympics, that would have been Zara's top priority.  Once it was over and all the post-olympic appearances were finished, her mind was probably freer to think of how to arrange her lifestyle.

For filthy rich people like the royals, large houses for one or two people are no issue.  They like to have reception rooms for parties or charity events, with plenty of distance between those areas and their bedrooms.  If money was no issue, by the time you've designed a house to have all the luxury features like an indoor pool or whatever, it's quite a large building.

I see Zara in a totally different category to Waity.  Zara has been doing proper charity work since her early 20s.  She could  have focussed 100% on her sporting career (most olympians do).  She has never said or done anything to embarrass HM.  Not in the league of what WK and PW regularly do.

There's a really interesting interview with Peter and Zara here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMHPnRsyePw

I can't imagine PW, WK or even PH talking about royal life like these two did in this interview.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 10:36:27 am »

Rugby players really don't earn that much here - the footballers are the ones rolling in cash. Mind you they top up on internationals etc and sponsorships.

.The England EPS deal gives the clubs £150k for every EPS squad member at that club. This is often the basic salary these EPS players will get from their clubs, but some clubs choose to give a bit more or less depending on the player. The salary cap in the Aviva Premiership is around £4.2million, so if you think of a squad size of about 42 (for sake of easy numbers) the average wage would be £100k a year, plus any kit deals or endorsements which are separate. Young players will earn less than that average, more experienced guys will be on more, especially if they have moved around a bit. There is a new rule regarding the salary cap in the AP, whereby 1 player can be designated the 'marque' player and earn up to around £300k outside of the cap. This will usually be a foreign international star like Castro at Leicester, Evans at
Quins or Cowan at Gloucester.
I don't know details about the Welsh players but I guess it will be quite similar to this. I'd guess a Wales international will earn into six figures (I think Cuthbert recently signed a new £100k deal with the Blues), and the average Rabo journeyman might get somewhere 40k-80k depending on their age.

http://www.606v2.com/t29960-how-much-do-pro-rugby-players-earn

Like you I have no doubts that the Phillips children enjoy their trust fund from the late QM and there will be some family funding along the way but I also suspect that as this money has been diluted down between the various children and grandchildren it may not be vast amounts everyone envisages although we don't know for sure as the royal wills are not open to the public.

However various analysts have estimated William and Harry received £2 million each in trust which may be more than the rest of the various grandchildren. That will be invested and paid out as a regular income and I have no idea what sort of regular income but I suspect one that is easy to spend if you live a farly high life.

Peter Phillips' business is very much a start up and so far he's signed his sister, his brother-in-law, his father and Shane Warne in what is an extremely tough business against the giants like IMG and sponsorship money is getting very difficult. So whilst it's got potential it's early days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2173663/KATIE-NICHOLL-Zara-Phillips-gives-brother-s-firm-Royal-seal-approvall.html

So I still suspect that the chance to realise some capital from a property sale and move onto the family estate at a (probably) peppercorn rent proved attractive to both siblings - and who could blame them for that?

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Spice
Countess

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2013, 10:45:12 am »

I wonder if maybe the QM inheritances for PW and PH were lower than the other grandkids' inheritances, by virtue of their greater access to money from Charles and Diana.  Still, even £2 million would go a long, long, way, esp. when Zara and Mike have other income sources as well.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2013, 10:55:10 am »

I wouldn't say no would you?  Cool

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2013, 02:29:52 pm »

To the inheritance or to moving back onto mummy's estate?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2013, 02:02:31 am »

To the inheritance or to moving back onto mummy's estate?

I won't say no to the inheritance, that's for sure!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2013, 02:11:09 am »

me neither but I'd use the money to move out of my mum's place laugh

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2013, 07:07:50 pm »

Maybe its a good thing I heard anne wad lonely.
royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2013, 07:11:20 pm »

I feel sorry for mike.he is going to have to deal with two strong willed women yelling at him
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2013, 07:31:50 pm »

THis is immature; what is it about women like Zara who are so immature?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Polonia
gossip insider

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2013, 08:11:11 pm »

No man is an island. Regardless of our situation in life, we all live in a hostile world, and it is good to be surrounded by family and friends.

There are plenty of stories in the media about families and friends all living on the same street etc

Here in the spot I live in is such an example - the parents moved here when their original home was taken over to make way for part of a nearby  airport - they had four sons - one son moved away - two unmarried sons inherited the family home and lived there, after the premature death of one of these brothers, the other brother, who has remained single, has continued to live in this house.

The eldest son married and had five daughters and one son - all of whom were live here. The widow of the eldest son continues to live here. Her divorced daughter lives with her. Another daughter and her husband live in the next road, While the only son and his wife and their five children all live in another house a stone's throw away.

This family also own other small houses here which they let out and which their children will eventually live in - they are not mega-rich but hard working as florists, scrap merchants etc

My immediate neighbours took in their daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons when the son-in-law left the army and they were homeless.

It happens all the time.

There is no comparison between Zara and Waity - Zara is an achiever and a free spirit - Mike too is an achiever,

Unlike Carole, Princess Anne does NOT live through her children - she has her own life and own friends!!!

Nor is Anne trying to create an alternative court!!!

Waity's situation vis a vis Carole is sick co-dependency with the underlining motive of greed and hunger for status.

Zara and Peter living at Gatcombe makes sense as eventually they will inherit the place

royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2013, 10:29:01 pm »

I'm not saying its something wrong with it.I was just wondering if anne would be a difficult mother in law
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: