Royal Gossip
November 23, 2017, 09:20:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Queen to Invite Kate to BP Royal Christmas Party  (Read 5725 times)
FrillyKnickers
gossip insider

So many heads, so many wits.

« on: December 20, 2012, 06:37:20 pm »

Well, it's not THAT breaking.  tehe

http://www.laineygossip.com/Princess-Catherine-helicopter-arrival-Queens-Christmas-party-for-Buckingham-household-1st-time/25474
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 09:22:48 pm »

I do wish some kind soul would tell Lainey once and for all that Kate is NOT a Princess.  She is not even entitled to be called Duchess Kate.  There is no such title in this country.  She is the Duchess of Cambridge (unfortunately!!)
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 09:36:19 pm »

As the wife of a prince she is a princess but as Princess is a title reserved for those who hold it in their own right or whose husbands don't have actual titles - in otherwords it is the default title when the husband has nothing else she is correctly HRH The Duchess of Cambridge.

Princess Michael of Kent - married to Prince Michael is the only wife of a Prince who uses the Princess title because her husband has no substantive title of his own.

The Duchess of Gloucester, when first married was Princess Richard officially but she was promoted to Duchess when her husband became The Duke - she didn't cease to be Princess Richard but she had a more senior title to use - that of Duchess.

Had The Queen not given William a title, and thus promoted William on his wedding day, Kate would have become Princess William officially but as The Queen did promote William, Kate also was promoted from the lower title of Princess to the more senior one of Duchess.

Strangly many people think that the title Princess is senior to Duchess and yet the only wife of a Prince in the UK who uses Princess is the lowest ranked of those wives - because her husband is the lowest ranked of the princes. The other princes all have more senior titles to give their wives.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 09:38:36 pm »

I think I can sleep tonite knowing Waity has been invited.  tehe
giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 09:42:47 pm »

Wrong she is NOT a princess . As confirmed by royal reporter.
It has been explained many times in here .
His royal title is duke of Cambridge that's the one she inherits
Unlike Camilla who could call herself princess of wales as Charles title is prince.

It's all documented in another thread .

I wish people would stop spreading lies she is a princess.

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 10:29:16 pm »

She is not Princess Catherine, or a princess in her own right but like every other wife in the UK she is entitled to the feminine form of all her husband's titles including that of Princess but as William has a more senior title to Prince - that of Duke she has the more senior title of Duchess.

The point that most people don't get here is that 'princess' is a default title - and that as the wife of a Duke she is entitle to a more important title than Princess as William was promoted from Prince to Duke so she also was promoted from potentially being Princess William (which she is) but she is also more importantly the wife of a peer of the realm and thus a Duchess.

People think she made the big leapt in her social status on 29th April when in fact that big leap was taken by William.  He went from commone to peer while she entered the Abbey a commoner and left it a commoner.

William wanted her created Princess Catherine so that she wouldn't be called Princess William because he didn't want a title but when the Queen refused to create her a Princess in her own right he accepted the title so that she wouldn't be called Princess William but she is still Princess William - not Princess Catherine of course.  The palace said that she wasn't Princess Catherine and that to call her Princess William would be inaccurate - because William had been raised to the peerage and so above that of a commoner and thus it was inaccurate to use the title associated with the wife of a commoner when she should and more accurately had to use the title associated with the wife of a peer.

Why people think it is a lie to say she is a princess is wrong - it isn't a lie - all wives in the UK automatically are entitled to the feminine of their husbands styles or titles and thus the wife of a prince is a princess but...when the prince has a better title the wife uses that title.

Who would want to be called Princess anyway when they could be a Duchess - why have the lower title?

Pity that so many people don't understand the title system and the order of titles and think that Princess is a senior title when associated with the wife of a prince when in fact the wife of a prince using princess is showing the lower ranking that her husband actually holds.

Which royal wife is the lowest in rank - the one who uses the title Princess.  Do people really believe that Camilla, Kate, Sophie, Birgitte and Katherine aren't senior to Princess Michael (and remember that Birgitte started married life as Princess Richard)?  Did Birgitte actually stop being a Princess when her father-in-law died?  No she didn't - but she stopped using the title Princes because she had a more important title to use - that of Duchess.

This is the explanation I received from BP about Kate's title - that Princess is the default title and once a husband has something more substantive that title is used but the wife of a prince is always a princess.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:31:18 pm by meememe » Logged
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 01:20:55 am »

I think I get it now...  tehe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 03:23:36 am »

Wrong she is NOT a princess . As confirmed by royal reporter.
It has been explained many times in here .
His royal title is duke of Cambridge that's the one she inherits
Unlike Camilla who could call herself princess of wales as Charles title is prince.

It's all documented in another thread .

I wish people would stop spreading lies she is a princess.

Exactly, the Palace confirmed it directly to the Royal Reporter. All people have to do is ask him what the Palace told him directly, he wrote it a few days after because, he was trying to figure out her title. The Palace told him directly Kate is Duchess of Cambridge, she is not a Princess.

Kate is HRH Duchess of Cambridge.
Kate married the newly created Duke of Cambridge.

People didn't get up in arms when Sarah was called Duchess of York instead of Princess, I don't get why some get so crazy that common Kate was made a Duchess on her wedding day. I actually saw a NBC Reporter pound the news desk, saying 'how dare the Queen make her a Duchess!" ......I was like....I'm going back to bed, people have really lost their minds about this common tart from Bershire.

Kate will become HRH Princess of WALES when William takes on the title from his father,until then Kate is Duchess of Cambridge and that is quite an elegant title.

The Queen knew what she was doing. William can go pound sand, if he doesn't like it.  bored3

I'll bet Kate never ends up with the Princess of Wales title, I think this marriage will be bust before that ever happens.
She can't even handle her duties as Duchess of Cambridge.  bored3
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:28:12 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 08:02:55 am »

Well, think about it.  They don't call them the Disney Duchesses, they call them the Disney Princesses.  In the fairy-tale the Duke doesn't marry the Duchess, the Prince marries the Princess. Cinderella didn't get turned into a Duchess, she got made into a Princess.  I could go on and on.

The media has tried to hype these two as the "fairy-tale" romance, and that's why people get so upset that Kate isn't a "Princess"

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 11:07:55 am »

You guys still don't get it.

A princess is the wife of a Prince.  A Prince is a commoner - can sit in the House of Commons.

A Duchess is the wife of a Duke.  A Duke is a peer of the realm - a far more important title than that of princess.

William was promoted on his wedding day from commoner to peer - from prince to duke and so his wife, although still a commoner, was able to move up the feed chain from Princess William to HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - because Duke is a substantive title while Prince is the title of a commoner - like Prince Michael - no substantive title so his wife is Princess Michael.

She is the only wife of a prince who uses the Princess title because her husband has nothing better to give her - even Diana was never Princess Diana but HRH The Princess of Wales but she was a princess - as the wife of a prince - she was Princess Charles (as is Camilla today) but because Charles has substantive titles his wives haven't had to use the default position.

Some people seem to be under the impression that Princess is a more important title than that of Duchess when the opposite is actually the case as Princess indicates that her husband is still a commoner while Duchess indicates that her husband is a peer of the realm.

I will stick with the letter I received from BP - Kate is a Princess but it is inaccurate to call her Princess William, wrong to call her Princess Catherine as she is the wife of a peer of the realm she is entitled to the more important style of Duchess of Cambridge - just as it is now wrong to officially refer to William as Prince William - he is HRH The Duke of Cambridge.  If you look at the CC only two princes are mentioned - HRH Prince Henry of Wales and HRH Prince Michael of Kent.  All the other princes - Charles, William, Andrew, Edward, Richard, Edward (Duke of Kent) and Philip get their titles while, except for Philip, their wives have the feminine of their titles while the Princesses born (also commoners) get the Princess titles.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 12:25:08 pm »

^

You could not pay me to care. I just wish she was known by her actions and her deeds.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 01:56:58 pm »

^ I am with you who gives a damn which one has a bigger title the royals are the biggest benefit scroungers no matter what one calls them.
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 04:34:07 pm »

@ Meemene, I know that I get it just fine.  Your explanation was very thorough and easy to understand.  I was just stating why some people, who don't follow the royals that closely, would be upset about the whole title thing.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 09:45:59 pm »

meememe, thank you for the information  thankyou Kiss

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 11:43:08 pm »

Meememe doesn't get it at all. Do not take what she says as correct it isn't .
I'll get the links when I have time do you can all see.
Kate is not , a princess. That was not the regal title she inherited.
She is not married to the prince of wales, Charles ' title is regal.
She is married to a duke , so like sophie and as fergie was not either ,
Kate is not a princess . The Palace confirmed this .

Sorry , people can cry out all they want
She is NOT. A princess . And she has to now to bow to a whole bunch of people now when
William is not there . The queen wanted her to know her place several ways .

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
June
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 11:55:36 am »

@ meememe: I will extend to you the professional courtesy you seem to expect, yet you do not accord others. You demand a different regime for yourself. So be it. Therefore, I won't question your robust historical analysis.

However, I do recall that it was announced by Royal Reporter that Kate is not entitled to be styled 'Princess'. Make of that what you will. Perhaps it is because she married William as a Duke, as gia asserts?  sly

Can someone please explain to me in what parallel universe William was ever a 'commoner'?  Shocked blink  huh
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:00:16 pm by June » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 01:31:27 pm »

Why i think that would be williams secret dream to become a rich commoner.... easter-lol

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
June
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 02:30:34 pm »

I think you might be right, but it was a serious question.  tehe I don't understand that at all.  blink
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 05:50:04 pm »

@ meememe: I will extend to you the professional courtesy you seem to expect, yet you do not accord others. You demand a different regime for yourself. So be it. Therefore, I won't question your robust historical analysis.

However, I do recall that it was announced by Royal Reporter that Kate is not entitled to be styled 'Princess'. Make of that what you will. Perhaps it is because she married William as a Duke, as gia asserts?  sly

Can someone please explain to me in what parallel universe William was ever a 'commoner'?  Shocked blink  huh

@June,
He could had been a commoner in another life. Past reincarnations, anyone?  tehe
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 05:57:35 pm »

@June,
Seriously now, I'm sincerely confused. Gia asserts KM married as a Duke. Still, he's Prince William. Not that I'm advocating for KM to be called 'Princess' but I'm so confused.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: