Royal Gossip
June 21, 2018, 11:03:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen's Pets  (Read 5858 times)
Mia
Baroness

« on: January 02, 2011, 12:28:17 am »

DM: Six dogs dead after mystery bug on Queen's Sandringham estate with 31 others fighting for their lives

Six dogs died and more than 30 were left fighting for life with a mystery illness that has struck the Queen’s Sandringham estate.

The Queen asked the Animal Health Trust (AHT) to carry out an investigation into the vomiting bug after the Royal estate received complaints of pets being struck down after walking there.

Take a bow Waitie Katie

benign
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 01:54:11 am »

oh no poor doggies. hoping the rest dont die...
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 02:05:10 am »

:(

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 02:13:29 am »

wine

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 03:40:26 am »

One Ma'am and her dogs: Or how the Queen can control her beloved Labradors from 800 yards just using hand signals and whistles

My first encounter with a royal dog came in November 1990, when I rather nervously accepted an invitation to lunch at Clarence House to discuss my forthcoming biography of Prince Philip.

Ushered into a drawing room by an equerry, I was introduced first to the Queen Mother, then Princess Margaret and finally one of the small brown barrels of fur sitting on the carpet.

The corgi gazed up at me with a look that managed to be ingratiating and unsettling all at once.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2029871/Queen-controls-Labradors-800-yards-just-using-hand-signals-whistles.html#ixzz1W6BUCYVL

Pity she can't control her family as easily.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 04:33:55 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 05:39:23 am »

She never learned to control her family because she was more concerned about doing her duty to her country and of course her mother was mostly taking care of things for her, until she got too old.
Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 12:14:36 am »

This is probably my favorite piece about Her Majesty the Queen.  I love everything about it.  God save the Queen.

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 11:02:48 am »

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980075713

I found this so disrespectful,I highly doubt waity can even defrost meat easter-lol..so why should the queen take lessons from her?,just another attempt to make waity look better then HM.

Queen Elizabeth seems to be living in a different world from today's Britons—who are very much into cost-cutting. Perhaps, if the Queen cares this much about daily freshness in dog food, she should take a lesson from Kate Middleton—and cook it herself.

"The dawrf Breathes so Loud we could have shot him in the Dark" -Haldir
Queenbee
courtier

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 05:57:53 pm »

Is it me ,or do they seem to want kate to be Queen ,and not HM

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 08:18:23 pm »

The DM posted this too:

Who made a dog's dinner of cooking supper for one's corgis? Queen's shock as beloved dogs are fed reheated meals instead of freshly cooked

As far as the Queen is concerned, nothing but the best will do for her beloved corgis.

Indeed, staff often joke that her pampered pets eat better than the human members of the Royal Family.

And last week, she was shocked to find that the dogs’ supposedly freshly cooked meals were actually frozen and reheated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2030638/Queen-Elizabeths-shock-corgi-dogs-fed-reheated-meals-instead-freshly-cooked.html#ixzz1WLvh54Mn

I am surprised the DM is writing this about HM. Usually HM is literally sacred when it comes to being written about.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 01:02:26 am »

I'd be mad too if someone fed my pets reheated meat.  There's a greater risk of contamination, and they're not doing what they're paid to do.  Just for the latter fact alone, I might even fire them.  Doesn't matter if it's as big as a security threat or as minor as feeding a dog the wrong food; if you shirk your duties and lie to your boss about it, you ought to lose your job.  It's not up to you to decide whether something you're paid to do is silly or unnecessary, especially not when your boss is the Queen.

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 01:29:13 am »

^good point gwen! thumbsup

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Black Queen
courtier

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 05:13:17 am »

So why must we hear about this, are they trying to get Kate in more trouble at Balmoral?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 10:40:24 am »

When are people going to start doing the jobs they are paid to do? They aren't paid to do the job THEIR way, they are paid to do the job HER way; it's such arrogance as that these days that people prefer to do jobs they are paid for on their terms instead of listening to their employers.

rogue
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 02:04:00 pm »

^^^^ thumbsup and others having to clean up that mess  sigh
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 04:19:22 am »

The fiendish horror movie/book fan wonders if in fact HM is planning on feeding Kate (or William) to the corgies and wants to make sure that one day, if she puts one or the other through the meat grinder, that there is no chance of discovery. Which is why she wants fresh instead of reheated foods.

sassafras
Countess

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 01:26:14 am »

http://www.news.com.au/world/queens-corgi-and-star-of-jamed-bond-olympics-clip-dies/story-fndir2ev-1226470763106

The palace confirmed the death of Monty who was previously owned by the Queen Mother and of Cider, a dorgi, or dachsund-corgi cross-breed.

How sad! It was her mum's dog first!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 02:04:21 pm »

I have the feeling she cares more about this than other members of her family's problems

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 05:26:03 pm »

I think you are sadly right about that  thumbsdown Its no surprise why this family has no moral compass.
georgiana
Baroness

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 06:10:49 pm »

Poor monty  sob its sad when pets die
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: