Royal Gossip
June 27, 2017, 11:29:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zara Phillips wants to see 'girl power’ in sport  (Read 989 times)
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« on: November 29, 2012, 03:46:06 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9709169/Zara-Phillips-wants-to-see-girl-power-in-sport.html

Zara Phillips, the Queen's granddaughter, who won silver at the London Olympics, says broadcasters must show more women's sport.

As an Olympic silver medallist, and a former winner of the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year, Zara Phillips is respected for her achievements.

Now, the daughter of the Princess Royal wants to try to change broadcasters’ attitude to women’s sport. Phillips, 31, says female events should be given as much coverage as men’s sports.

“There has to be a change in the type of recognition women in sport get,” she demands. “How could there not be? The media need to help make things equal.”

I totally agree. There are a lot of sport events for women. They are as great as the ones for men.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 05:22:39 pm »

She can start with herself; she can begin to work on her attitude towards winning her silver medal and second, while women's sports don't get as much mainstream attention, who is she to demand otherwise? Broadcasters cover women's sports, just not as widely as she wants I suppose.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: