Royal Gossip
May 27, 2018, 12:57:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jewellery of the British Royal Family  (Read 97483 times)
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2017, 04:03:57 am »

Her aura can sap the energy out of a room and make diamonds dull.  And this fool thought she would be the next Diana *sigh*.

worship Best comment ever  Kiss
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2017, 11:18:00 pm »

Sarah, The Duchess of York had a Garrard Diamond Tiara.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5et_kBmTYfk

Really A Baron
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2017, 07:39:07 pm »

We will probably see it again for the york girls weddings.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2017, 09:38:35 pm »

^Would both Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie each wear their mother's tiara?

Really A Baron
Little light
Countess

« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2017, 09:45:49 pm »

From reading this forum, I thought HM only loaned out the jewellery of the BRF. Or is that just after the two divorces, Diana and Sarah, in the 1990's?

Does this tiara actually belong to Sarah then?

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2017, 09:54:42 pm »

After the Diana divorce. Afaik this tiara was bought for Sarah and no previous connection to the rf so I believe and have probably read that it belongs to Sarah.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2017, 11:14:19 pm »

I do wonder why Sarah's was bought for her, maybe because Liz liked her so much and Sarah didn't have a family one like Diana?
^^ Generally I think the whole situation around Sarah and her tiara were very unique. At that point they weren't much into tiara purchases like previous generations who simply bought or designed a new batch when it suited them. Sophie had the worst luck with fer fugly cobbled together one, but she's received some more since and they are I think her private ones....

Sarah's tiara was bought for her before the wedding and was a wedding gift I think from Liz & Phil. It wasn't part of her divorce settlement as it was her property already.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2017, 10:55:11 am »

What I read about Sarah and her wedding tiara was that she herself cheerfully hinted that she would like one that wouldn't have to go back in the vaults, one of her own. The Queen liked Sarah (horses, doggy person, country background) and so she gave permission for her to go to Garrards, the then Royal jewellers, and discuss a design. The Queen then paid.

I don't think the Queen would have done it for anyone else, (after all, Sophie's wedding tiara was to be just a cobbled up affair from bits and pieces in the vaults) but Andrew was her favourite. She listened in on the couple's wedding interview apparently and was heard chuckling at the rapport and joking around. However, she was badly let down by Sarah, to whom she'd always been kind, and Sophie didn't get the same treatment.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2017, 11:15:51 am »

Any predictions on Sparkle's wedding tiara?
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2017, 11:58:37 am »

I think Meghan will be like Kate and borrow a 'starter' tiara from the vaults for the wedding. Perhaps one of the ones from Queen Mary's time dusted off and rejigged with diamonds rather than coloured stones. These are very different times from the ostentatious 1980's and I really can't see the BRF (Charles and the Queen) paying huge amounts for a wedding (that happened in 2011 too) and then forking out for a new tiara as well. The Fergie thing was a one-off in my opinion. It will be borrowing from the vaults if needed in the future and she will then in later years be gifted with one to be inherited by the Sussex line when they have children.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2017, 12:16:11 pm »

Considering how it ended with Fergie, I'd wager a bet that new tiara purchases and transfers of ownership will be even less likely today and in future.

I wonder what else they have in the vaults, they have much more than they publically show... easter-think
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2018, 10:30:28 pm »

Queen Alexandra's Amethyst Tiara   
http://www.tiarasandtrianon.com/2013/02/22/queen-alexandras-amethyst-tiara

Really A Baron
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2018, 07:52:28 pm »

I am betting on the Strathmore rose for Meghan. It will go well with her wannabe boho look. The Lotus flower would've been nice, but Waity's already claimed it. Or perhaps the Teck Crescent Tiara?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: