Royal Gossip
June 27, 2017, 06:27:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Gilded Age  (Read 1947 times)
berlin
Countess

« on: November 28, 2012, 05:27:07 pm »

Sounds exciting!  I hope I like this better than DA.

NBC signs 'Downton Abbey' creator for U.S. period drama focusing on the fortunes of 'the princes of the American Renaissance' during the Gilded Age in New York
'The Gilded Age' could air as early as Fall 2013
Era was marked by the rise of industry, invention and finance from the late 1800s to the early 1900s
Characterized by J.P. Morgan, Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller and Cornelius Vanderbilt - as well as the Astor family

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2239593/NBC-signs-Downton-Abbey-creator-Julian-Fellowes-US-period-drama-New-Yorks-Gilded-Age.html#ixzz2DXVf7TPG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 02:35:08 am »

I bleieve that Julian is deservedly getting these great projects, mainly because he really showed himself trustworthy with the way he did Downton and I hope he gets more. Maybe Dan Stevens could end up making his breakout in the US through this instead of shirking working under Julian.

I look forward to this since I believe that Fellows is the man for the job.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
KGap
courtier

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 06:46:21 am »

What ever happened to the show?
I love the gilded age. I would have been interested in this.
Pense
courtier

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 08:15:50 pm »

'Downton Abbey' will get a sixth season
Updated November 6, 2014 6:13 PM
By VERNE GAY  verne.gay@newsday.com

Yes Virginia, there will be a sixth season of “Downton Abbey.” Just announced ... dispelling any lingering, gloomy doubts that the fifth, arriving early next year, would be the last.

... How lucky can SHE get? “Downton" -- far and away the biggest hit in PBS history (13-plus million viewers) -- has been dogged by the usual question marks that accompany any major hit: Will it continue now that showrunner Julian Fellowes got all that money to develop a new series for NBC — tentatively titled “The Gilded Age" -- and therefore clearly will not have the time for another season of “Downton?”

In fact, PBS and Eaton pointedly noted that the sixth season, to go into production next year, will in fact be written by Fellowes. This might suggest that NBC's series could be delayed, and maybe even arrive by 2016.

Or it may also suggest that NBC ... doesn't have a pressing need for a high-toned series like “The Gilded Age” at the moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: