Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 05:40:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana's Personal Life  (Read 60607 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #400 on: August 20, 2014, 12:39:53 pm »

I read that PC and Diana saw each other 11 times before he proposed - not exactly a sensible courtship.  I also read that one of the palace staff - the courtiers - claimed that preparations for the wedding had actually started months before the engagement.  It does seem to me there is a strong possibility this was an arranged marriage.

Ten years together before a ring is definitely pushing it - go from one extreme to the next - 11 dates to 10 years of "dating".  They need to find a middle ground  LOL

There were no wedding preparations before the engagement. None. Nobody involved including Diana's mother, father or anyone else said the preparations began.  Diana was not even sure Charles would propose to her as indicated by her own testimony and those of her friends.

There is no "strong" possibility it was an arranged marriage. It was not. And certainly Charles asked her out on dates, took her to Balmoral, proposed to her and married her. I think that some PR is put out that it was an "arranged" marriage to help perpetuate the myth that Charles and Camilla had this 'great love' and Charles and Diana were only arranged. Actually Charles came close to marrying other women including Davina Sheffied (he decided against her when it was found she had a past) and Amanda Knatchbull (who turned him down).

I think Charles needed heirs and found the suitable girl to marry knowing he preferred another woman.

I don't know why you think wedding preparations were underway --there certainly was no sign of them, and the souvenirs came out after the engagement was announced not before. Actually Will and Kate had wedding souvenirs out right before the 2007 breakup.

No way would the royals make wedding plans without the engagement a certainty. Charles even gave Diana two weeks to "think about it" even after she said yes. The royals plan funerals and coronations ahead of time but until the girl says yes, no weddings.
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #401 on: August 20, 2014, 12:45:32 pm »

We have to take into consideration that Diana was married to the first in line to the throne. Kate is married to the second in line. There's William's grandmother and father before them, that's why Kate can afford the luxury of a laid-back lifestyle.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #402 on: August 20, 2014, 12:48:03 pm »

I would say Kate and william are getting away with the laid back lifestyle. I think if the second in line excuse  applies for the lazy twosome not doing much in the way of royal work then why should they get all the perks--they can pull the second in line excuse for that but at the same time they get expensive renovations of one residence and get all the royal perks.  The Queen and Philip are elderly now, Charles is s senior citizen and these two don't "have to" do much in the way of royal duties. Something wrong with this picture. i think Will just digs in his heels and the Queen who is non-confrontational lets him get away with it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 12:49:53 pm by sandy » Logged
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #403 on: August 21, 2014, 05:49:50 am »

Kate stronger than Diana? No. It's really quite a laughable idea.

She laid on her back for a decade while William cheated and treated her like a 2nd class citizen
Kate is a puppet that can't do anything without her mother and her ridiculous family backing her up.
She doesn't get along with William's friends and the aristo population, she bashes them in the press.
She constantly runs back to her mother's house like a little child
Kate does no work and constantly uses her "son" as an excuse to do nothing but she can of course shop, vacation, and do f#ck all else
For such a top notch education, she sounds like a complete uneducated idiot whenever she opens her mouth, not knowing who the King of Spain is being her latest f#ck up

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything that would make her stronger than Kate and ignoring your husband's cheating when you don't approve and it makes you feel bad, isn't strength.
Pense
courtier

« Reply #404 on: October 14, 2014, 04:40:15 am »

I think there is one person that everyone is forgetting about in the Diana v Kate suitability question.
The Queen Mother.
Do you think that Kate would have passed muster with the QM?
I don't.
She would not have been suitable.
Diana was.
india
Princess

« Reply #405 on: October 14, 2014, 11:31:02 am »

I agree Pense. The Stalker is totally unsuitable. Without her mother Carole propping her up she would be dust in the wind. Diana was stronger. The Queen Mum would have annihilated The Stalker from the get go.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #406 on: October 14, 2014, 12:39:06 pm »

Kate is not stronger. She has her mother behind her back, as india said. 

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #407 on: October 14, 2014, 02:01:27 pm »

Diana had the ability to turn adversity into a positive. Some say that it's not what happens to us but how we deal with it.

Kate has not really had to deal with much yet.  She has had some problems with pregnancy but has not had to think about work like many other women have to do.

After Kate's first hospitalisation with HG I would have thought that she might have taken on this issue and raised awareness and funds to research this. That would have seemed the obvious route for someone who is high profile and has suffered with the illness. That is what Diana would have done. She would have turned a bad experience into a positive. That suggests to me that Diana was a much more focused and driven individual than Kate. The only thing that Kate seems to have been driven by is getting the blue precious.
i used to be a monarchist
courtier

« Reply #408 on: October 14, 2014, 03:36:37 pm »

^Actually it was 13 dates

Charles, is that you??
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #409 on: October 15, 2014, 09:58:15 pm »

dontknow What do you mean?

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #410 on: October 15, 2014, 10:01:58 pm »

^ the member doesn't understand how do you know there were 13 dates between C&D.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #411 on: October 16, 2014, 12:49:05 am »

Maybe they had 13 dates but Diana did spend weekends at Balmoral and at Bolehyde Manor with Charles (and Camilla and her first husband)
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #412 on: October 16, 2014, 03:57:22 am »

^ the member doesn't understand how do you know there were 13 dates between C&D.
i think i read it on this forum  laugh

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #413 on: November 08, 2014, 04:32:37 am »

Archive thread.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: