Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 05:52:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding and Divorce of Lady Melissa Percy and Tom van S.  (Read 105306 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #420 on: November 23, 2015, 07:31:44 pm »

What the heck is up with the aristocrats in Britain lately? They're a complete hot mess and frankly they have zero self respect.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #421 on: November 23, 2015, 07:52:30 pm »

KF, Thank You for changing the title of the topic to reflect the update. I thought about making a new post, but it made more sense to keep all the discussion about this pair in one thread.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #422 on: November 23, 2015, 07:58:51 pm »

OH I didn't; I'm no longer the official moderator  sob; I cling to the title the way Fergie clings to hers!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #423 on: November 23, 2015, 08:10:35 pm »

Then random Thank You to the RG Mod who made my post make a little more sense by changing the title of the thread.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #424 on: November 23, 2015, 08:49:36 pm »

^ flower

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #425 on: November 23, 2015, 09:10:39 pm »

Somehow, this news does not shock me.  Just like so many of the aristos, the old code of keep yourself private did not get passed onto these two.  It looks like a tacky, nouveau riche vanity painting.

http://www.theartsshelf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Painting.jpg

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/multimedia/dynamic/00350/STN160502_350916k.jpg

The 1st pics was taken before their wedding January 2013, friends wedding in Swiss

I hope missy will be fine after, she seems lovely and genuine

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #426 on: November 23, 2015, 11:43:53 pm »

it's funny that they chose such composition for the picture - no interaction whatsoever, each of them leading separate lives. painting this before the wedding is definitely a signal for discord in the near future.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #427 on: November 24, 2015, 10:49:46 am »

Well, clearly something was wrong in the basis of this relationship/ marriage if a divorce comes so soon after a marriage, less than three years! Perhaps they rushed into the marriage because it was expected of them, perhaps Lady Melissa didn't want to be left-out with all her friends and other members of her social circle getting married etc.
Or the two just didn't know eachother as good as they thought they did and discovered that actually living together, instead just staying the night from time to time, is much harder than they anticipated with each having different interests/ life-styles etc.

Even small things as one partner being a morning person while the other is an evening person can cause in incredible tensions. And I am always reminded of a friend who broke off a relationship after living together with her boyfriend for a couple of months and when I asked what went wrong, she jokingly said: "He never put the cap back on the toothpaste" after which she more seriously said that she realised that he is good at starting things/ projects, but not at finishing things. Something she discovered only after moving in with him.

Anyway, I hope this couple will, if the story is true of course, be able to have a cordial divorce without mud-slinging, fighting over money etc. And luckily there are no kids involved, that would make any divorce much harder.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #428 on: November 24, 2015, 07:48:42 pm »

yes, and if I could just add - in a divorce the kids are not the problem. the lack of teamwork and understanding between the two spouses are the problem...and the kids win a front row seat to all of the fights.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #429 on: November 24, 2015, 09:49:29 pm »

^ I know that they broke up about a year (from memory) before their wedding because Tom V was apparently cheating. Melissa was devastated. After several months they got back together because Tom said he regretted the break so much. Some time after that they became engaged and then had that enormous wedding at Alnwick. It might be that something similar occurred again. Melissa's sister Kitty breakup with her husband was more of a shock to me as the marriage curled up and died within a year.
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #430 on: November 24, 2015, 11:39:34 pm »

Those girls just have no luck in that department right now, do they? there dontknow
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #431 on: November 25, 2015, 03:23:01 am »

Lady Kate married a financier, who probably pressured her to be a nice, ornamental trophy wife. Lady Melissa married a man who was showing a lot of personal instability. Thankfully they went back home and can regroup and support each other in each other's heartbreak.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #432 on: November 25, 2015, 05:40:46 am »

which goes to show that a man with position in society and wealth does not get instantly eligible. if he's rotten inside (cheating, not emotionally available, abusive, etc) - his eligibility is worthless than a penny. imo some women fall for the false security of thinking that men who can afford to buy anything they want will be able to provide for a family.  Cool and they are able to, just when they see you as something to be bought or acquired, strong family is not on their priority list. they'll just continue buying things in life, incl. strippers, mistresses, decadent brocations ... and if only their wife is insecure enough to put up with them...
if Tom cheated, good for Milissa.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #433 on: November 25, 2015, 09:26:06 pm »

Good men are hard to find.
No kids involved so I suspect their problems began soon after the wedding, she seems like the type who would want to try for a family immediately.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #434 on: November 25, 2015, 11:27:06 pm »

I agree; I wonder what on earth is going on with men who claim there aren't decent women, but make such a mess of their personal lives that they don't see that they themselves are a huge part of the problem.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #435 on: March 02, 2016, 11:20:21 pm »

the claim is that Missy is a bit immature so she may have had unrealistic expectations or been unable to cope with his behavior.

Unfortunate that both Percy girls had divorces so soon into their marriages.  No wonder George Percy stays single.

They will keep it civil - neither will want to force Will or Harry to pick sides.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #436 on: March 03, 2016, 12:03:33 am »

THE marriage of one of Princess Charlotte's godparents and the younger daughter of the Duke of Northumberland has ended after less than three years.
http://m.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/14315236.Duke_of_Northumberland_s_daughter_divorces_Princess_Charlotte_s_Godfather/?ref=twtrec

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #437 on: March 26, 2016, 09:56:32 pm »

Frolicking with Otis Ferry on quad bikes: The naughty aristocrat who broke the heart of Prince William's best friend after divorcing him over his 'unreasonable behaviour'

She broke the heart of Prince William’s best friend Thomas van Straubenzee.

Now, just a few weeks after her divorce, Lady Melissa Percy, 28, ‘Missy’ to pals, has been enjoying the company of notorious ladies’ man Otis Ferry, eldest son of rock star Bryan Ferry.

Otis, 33, who split with his model girlfriend Edie Campbell last summer, posted a picture of Missy smiling radiantly as the couple rode quad bikes in the Northumberland countryside.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3510030/Frolicking-Otis-Ferry-quad-bikes-naughty-sister-broke-heart-Prince-William-s-best-friend-divorcing-unreasonable-behaviour.html

The divorce hearing lasted 45 seconds and Missy was granted a decree nisi on the grounds of ‘unreasonable behaviour’ by her husband. According to friends, he took the rap to spare embarrassing revelations about her hedonistic lifestyle.

Oh really,and so what if she's like that. the only reason why he married her cause she's young might be a lil ditsy and titled

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:02:04 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #438 on: March 26, 2016, 10:39:32 pm »

This is horrible; making Missy out to be some tart who does who knows what while her long suffering husband puts up with it. This is horrible of the DM and horrible of whoever leaked this. This might cause a rift with the BRF mainly since Melissa is a Percy and the courts likely didn't give an emergency divorce if it was just the husband taking the lumps. This is a horrible thing for William to let happen mainly since after all, TVS likely told him things in confidence.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #439 on: March 26, 2016, 10:51:12 pm »

According to friends, he took the rap to spare embarrassing revelations about her hedonistic lifestyle.

Nothing is embarrassing about a hedonistic lifestyle.

A hedonist is all about sensual pleasure and happiness above all else it seems TVS didn't cut it,and now he wants to use that as some negative against her

shame on him thumbsdown

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: