Royal Gossip
July 26, 2014, 10:07:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding of Lady Melissa Percy and Tom van S.  (Read 36163 times)
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 07:38:00 am »

He's a  climber from rumours heard.

I think he definately wanted someone from her background.

[/URL]
mrharrywales
Baroness

Harryite #24

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 11:12:04 am »

So was Grace van Cutsem forced to not wear glasses at Katie's wedding too?  Bless the little Cutseym!

Blessings to Melissa and Tom.  But I am afraid that she is being used. 

why is he using Melissa??
He's from a nice family too, he doesn't need that does he?

Don't worry, be Harry
Keep calm and Harry on
What happens in Vegas, not always stays in Vegas
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 11:37:51 am »

If it were James Middleton, I would understand, but frankly, I don't think it is. These people move in the same set and don't really gain anything.

Pippa is as helpless as a baby cobra
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 12:42:47 pm »

I don't see this marriage last and i think Tom will ask his younger brother as his Best Man.I don't think they are a good fit.It seems so rushed after their breakup.
Kahleigh
courtier

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 12:48:05 pm »

Melissa and Tom will marry at Alnwick, in the same church that her sister was married in, so we will probably see the beautiful carriage and a crowd outside again, only this time during the summer!
http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2012/11/07/duke-of-northumberland-s-daughter-set-to-be-married-61634-32180009/
The wedding is to take place in the Percys’ home town of Alnwick next summer, following the wedding of Lady Melissa’s sister Lady Katie in the community last year.
The pair have been dating for four years and got engaged on Saturday.

Mr van Straubanzee was at Lady Melissa’s side at the service of thanksgiving held for her grandmother Elizabeth, the Dowager Duchess of Northumberland, at St Michael’s church in Alnwick on Monday.

Their wedding is to take place at the same church next summer, with it also having been the venue of the marriage of Lady Katie to London financier Patrick Valentine last February.

A date has yet to be set, although The Journal understands a July ceremony could be on the cards.

Last night, Rev Paul Scott, vicar at St Michael’s – where the family have been part of the congregation for generations, and who conducted Monday’s service, said: “We are looking forward to the wedding and it is nice to have something happy to look forward to after the Duchess Elizabeth’s passing, and we have no doubt that the town will be very keen to witness it all.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 05:43:44 pm »

easter-bunny Looking forward to two British weddings coming up, Lady Melissa Percy and TVS and Isabella Calthorpe and Sam Branson.

During the wedding of William and Kate, TVS was called Pr.Willliam's "best friend."

Thomas van Straubenzee (friend of Prince William's since prep school)
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01871/thomas-van_1871511c.jpg

Royal wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton's circle of friends
Thomas van Straubenzee - One of the Prince's closest friends, they first met at Ludgrove Prep School. Tom, also known as "Van", accompanied the Prince on his first official tour to New Zealand. William and Prince Harry are patrons of a memorial fund dedicated to Tom's brother Henry, who was killed in a car crash in 2002.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8435045/Royal-wedding-Prince-William-and-Kate-Middletons-circle-of-friends.html
http://www.gettyimages.no/detail/news-photo/kate-middleton-and-thomas-van-straubenzee-watch-prince-news-photo/109226787

Maybe now that Tom is getting married, Kate will stop flirting with him, which I believe she use to do all the time when she was around him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wedding_guests_of_Prince_William_and_Catherine_Middleton
WOW Kate had hardly any friends at her wedding and those she had were old boyfriends, except for her friend (the girl with the dark curly hair who she treated like crap as a friend.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:48:36 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 05:56:17 pm »

He's a  climber from rumours heard.

I think he definately wanted someone from her background.

ThEre was one incident when he was in public eating the face off some girl
While dating Melissa ... Dirty dog .. It was a few years back .
I don't think she sees how she is being used by tvs .

What a nice group of friends  sigh

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2116535/Prince-Harry-BBB-crew-Britains-privileged-clique.html

here you can see the comparison between the strawberry and the Percy fam. Does anyone knows what he does as a job?

@Rogue I agree  thumbsup

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 06:21:56 pm »

He used to work at Robert Bailey property but he seems to have left them.

http://robertbaileyproperty.com/home.php
Kahleigh
courtier

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 12:13:29 am »

^ He now runs his own company VanHan, a central london residential agency, with business partner Giles Hannah.
Thomas van Straubenzee, Managing Director
Thomas van Straubenzee is a leading buying agent and chartered surveyor with an impressive array of contacts throughout the property industry.
Acting at the top end of the prime market Thomas is discreet and professional. He is an expert in London's prime residential locations and works closely with each client to help them realise their objectives.
Here is the website: http://vanhan.co.uk/index.html

There is a video slideshow of pictures from the Memorial Service of Duchess Elizabeth of Northumberland at this site:
http://www.northumberlandgazette.co.uk/news/local-news/slideshow-duchess-elizabeth-thanksgiving-service-1-5102199
The current Duke and Duchess, George, Max, Melissa and Tom are all pictured, I didn't see Katie but they may have just not taken pics of her? You can kind of see Melissa's engagement ring, it appears to be a small sapphire?
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 01:48:40 am »

I always confuse the Van Straubenzees from the Van Cutsems. I'm not sure about the V.Ses, but the Van Cutsems are climbers from what I've read.

They broke up last Feb 2011 (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1354140/Kate-Middleton-Royal-representative-Wimbledon-tennis-championships.html) and got back together early this year (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2109910/Duchess-Cambridge-proves-magic-touch-secret-visit-V-A.html)

I hope love is sweeter the second time around and that this union will last.

I think it'll be Katie Percy who will be the maid of honor. Melissa was Katie's maid of honor for her wedding, so maybe the gesture will be reciprocated. I doubt Chelsy will ever be a contender - don't they know each other for only a few years?
benign
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 02:18:23 am »

bit young for Melissa to be getting married though but Congratulations to them anyways!
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 05:26:06 am »

I always confuse the Van Straubenzees from the Van Cutsems. I'm not sure about the V.Ses, but the Van Cutsems are climbers from what I've read.

They broke up last Feb 2011 (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1354140/Kate-Middleton-Royal-representative-Wimbledon-tennis-championships.html) and got back together early this year (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2109910/Duchess-Cambridge-proves-magic-touch-secret-visit-V-A.html)

I hope love is sweeter the second time around and that this union will last.

I think it'll be Katie Percy who will be the maid of honor. Melissa was Katie's maid of honor for her wedding, so maybe the gesture will be reciprocated. I doubt Chelsy will ever be a contender - don't they know each other for only a few years?

Melissa Percy and Chelsy have been besties or good friends for years. Chelsy will definately be at the wedding, not in it perhaps but definately invited. She is Missy's bestie and has been, they have always got on quite well.

Pippa must be reeling, TVS got into the Percy clan and she's still trying.

Tom Van Straubenzee and the Van Cutsem's have been around the Royal circle for decades, even though they are sometimes viewed as a bit of climber's they are definately part of that Aristo Royal circle and have been for decades. These two families are nothing like the tacky climbing Middleton's. They are not loud families, most times they stay within that Aristo circle and we don't see them in the press a ton, unless Tom Van Straubenzee is hanging with William or chatting with Kate or having a charitiy for his brother. The Van Cutsem's the same, it's usually a wedding or charity or royal outing of some kind.  The Van Cutsemn's are old money and were part of Pr.Charles circle, long before Pr.William or Harry were born .

The Van Cutsem's are descended from Dutch nobility,a wealthy Dutch banking family,they married Baron's .
They are two of Charles's closest confidantes, but the van Cutsem sisters are embroiled in a clash over a £35m fortune
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1048473/They-Charless-closest-confidantes-van-Cutsem-sisters-embroiled-clash-35m-fortune.html#ixzz2BbSk3f5K

Fast-forward, however, 60 years, they are now aged 62 and 66 respectively, and Emilie's husband, Hugh van Cutsem, an intimate friend of the Prince of Wales, is battling a long-term illness.
Edward, is Prince Charles's godson and Prince William is godfather to Edward's one-year-old daughter, Grace.

As daughters of a Dutch banker, the sisters grew up in some comfort in Holland.

'We were always close as children and the best of friends when we married and had children of our own,' says Wilhelmina, whose Dutch husband Baron van Tuyl was also a banker.

'Christina and I married Dutchmen and Emilie married Hugh - I think she met him at the races. We all ended up living in Britain in the Seventies - we love it here.'
When the Prince introduced the van Cutsems to Lady Diana Spencer, Emilie, who has four sons, instantly took Diana under her wing and, over the years, provided her with a mature and understanding shoulder to lean on. However, when Charles and Diana's marriage ran into difficulties, the van Cutsems sided with the Prince.
But things have not always run smoothly between Camilla and Emilie either. For example, there was the issue over their son Edward's wedding when Charles and his mistress stayed away because protocol decreed they would have to be seated apart at Chester Cathedral as the Queen was present.   royalguard

At 62, Emilie, it must be said, has a tough Dutch streak which does not always endear her to people, even to friends. Like her sister, Wilhelmina, she too has risked relationships by speaking her mind.

Friends this week were recalling one Highgrove dinner party at which Charles left the table to take a telephone call from Emilie and returned with a face like thunder and saying that he would 'not be spoken to like that by anyone'eating cookies

Shortly afterwards, Camilla left the table. When she returned she murmured to the Prince that it was 'unlikely' it would happen to him again. She had telephoned Emilie and it had been 'sorted'.

The trouble between the two women began eight years ago when it emerged that Camilla's son, Tom, had dabbled in cocaine. According to an aide, the van Cutsems told Charles that they thought Tom was a bad influence on their own then teenage sons.

When the Prince relayed this to Camilla she was outraged. Reports circulating among royal staff claim that Mrs Parker Bowles referred to Emilie as 'the Dutch cow'.
As one aide tartly observed: 'Coming from a woman whom Diana used to call "the rottweiler", that was a bit rich.'

Things turned even nastier when the van Cutsem boys threatened legal action against a royal aide they accused of spreading stories about them.

This was a particularly difficult period for Emilie van Cutsem because she felt that her own usefulness to Charles was being eroded by Camilla's increasingly open presence in Charles's life.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1048473/They-Charless-closest-confidantes-van-Cutsem-sisters-embroiled-clash-35m-fortune.html#ixzz2BbVxHFVB

Pr, Charles had a good relationship with the Van Cutsem's until Camilla entered. The Van Cutsem ladies, liked Diana and found Charles trysts and meetings with Camilla uncomfortable(even though in the end they sided with Charles, the ladies never really got on with Camilla before, during or after the divorce from Diana,I think they just tolerated Camilla for Charles (that's why I say they could be bit of climbers sometimes, pleasing the future King to stay in his circle) but they didn't always feel the need to please Camilla, it just got worse when the Van Cutsem's asked that Charles and Camilla not sit together for one of their son's weddings.

As for Tom Van Straubenzee who is marrying into the Percy clan , I'll have to read up more on him and his family, but he has been around William and Harry for decades too.

[/URL]
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 05:49:48 am »

It sounds like Charles & Camilla's relationship caused problems for many people.  tehe

I do like reading about someone putting Charles in his place though especially if it is a female.   tehe

I do like the Duke & Duchess of Northumberland and their little family and I wish Melissa the best.
giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 09:36:48 pm »

Tvs is middle class , the wider family is Perhaps upper middle class
A distant cousin knew Diana
But the way tvs got in was through schools just like Kate

I thnk he is a social climber , he can't love Melissa and cheat on her .

I maintain he should be married to Kate

Melissa or someone of her I'll should be married to pw

It's *butt* backwards

I think Melissa will the the day she married him .

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 10:32:21 pm »

Me too. Let's see what happens. At least she seems very in love with him but I would love to know what the family thinks.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 10:34:46 pm »

I always thought TVS and Kate should have hooked up, more so than her and William. Kate always seemed much more comfortable with Tom Van Straubenzee.

[/URL]
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 01:47:11 pm »

Van's got a plan for a Hogwarts wedding:

Van's got a plan for a Hogwarts wedding: Harry's ex Chelsy expected to be chief bridesmaid as Will's old pal prepares to tie the knot

By Charlotte Griffiths

It will be the society wedding of the year when Prince William's oldest chum Thomas van Straubenzee walks up the aisle with the beautiful Lady Melissa Percy.

Fittingly, the Royals and their inner circle will play a central role when the couple tie the knot.

Prince Harry's old flame Chelsy Davy, who is Missy's best friend, is expected to be chief bridesmaid, and William's pal Guy Pelly is likely to be the best man.

Guy will be devastated to lose his party buddy but friends say Tom wants to settle down.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2231139/Vans-got-plan-Hogwarts-wedding-Harrys-ex-Chelsy-expected-chief-bridesmaid-Wills-old-pal-prepares-tie-knot.html#ixzz2BvC7ssLU

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:49:55 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 10:47:30 pm »

I wish Missy all the best that married life has to offer. I just hope that he does not cheat on her and that he treats her well. I connot wait for the wedding so I will see who is the maid of honor and the best man.

Doesn't Tom have a brother who is unmarried?

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 10:51:29 pm »

Yup , his name is Charlie .
JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 10:55:39 pm »

So why can't Charlie be his best man then ? or is the talk of picking Guy Pelly just rumours?

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: