Royal Gossip
June 29, 2017, 03:09:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, The Jubilee Year Was An Absolute Failure...  (Read 1528 times)
FrillyKnickers
gossip insider

So many heads, so many wits.

« on: October 26, 2012, 11:06:31 pm »

I was watching some of the videos from TRF's Royal YouTube Channel. It's a shame that there was such excitement and energy around the entire year, leading up to the Olympics, then, suddenly, oooh SO MUCH SCANDAL oooh, and then dontknow .

I thought Zara might've saved face, but she seemed so  easter-no and  pc-problem about winning silver & snapping at reporters. I giver TBOTD & say that she was tired...

It's a shame, really. I know the year's not yet over, but I think it's a wrap  bored3  bye .

Why bother with more "Jubilee" visits? IMO, it's more for C&C's PR than it is for HM & PP. He can't force the public to love him by eating puddings and having tea with organic farmers.

TRF all seem like one big reality show stunt and it's embarassing now Embarrassed .

They're all older, not wiser, but too old for all of this silliness. I wish they'd spend MORE TIME on charity % NOt public appearances. Might as well be opening up car washes!  laugh

What's your opinion on what should've been a year a lustre year for HM & TRF?
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 01:17:06 am »

I think it was used as a promotional campaign for the Royal Family. They could have done things that involved the people and made them feel part of everything but instead it was all show up and look at us, we will wave and smile at you.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 02:22:48 am »

Well, here's my take on it:

As Snokitty said, it was all about the RF and how AWESOME HM is for putting up with a ribbon cutting lifestyle. Second, the RF didn't lift a finger in making a sincere effort in planning anything special and stupidly, the RF just thought they could ask for money and get it.

Here are a few other reasons:

*HM's speech was all about doing her duty (as usual) and all about, well, her.
*There were no interesting parades or ceremonies arranged by the RF; HM showing up in her usual suits
*The entire appareances were made all about Kate and her vaunted debut in the RF
*Businesses were bullied to chip in, but apparently refused mainly because the RF has never been friendly to big business
*The entire parade was nothing but an elaborate flotilla and the nation was supposed to just show up and cheer
*The entire economy has been collapsing level by level, but go figure, the stupid RF doesn't (or won't) notice and taking that into consideration
*There were no interesting guests attending these small dinners and receptions and there hasn't been any fun events planned or set up

When you really look at it, it was actually kind of a slap in the face to the nation.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 03:17:24 am »

IMO, it's more for C&C's PR than it is for HM & PP. He can't force the public to love him by eating puddings and having tea with organic farmers.

Exactly.  That is  what he is trying to do, butter us up.  Well, it won't work.  Countries like Australia and New Zealand are too proud, successful and high-achieving to put up with this farce once HM is gone.

I think though that one reason they came here in November was that so many big events were happening - the Melbourne Cup in AU, and our equivalent here in Christchurch today.  Maximum PR effect, well that's what they were hoping for.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
June
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 04:05:22 am »

The media coverage of the tour was very laid back in Oz. A kind of "blink and you will miss it" type of thing.

It was vastly different for William's first solo visit here in January 2010. The media was all over it - everyone was talking about it (mostly positive, a little negative). Australians are very apathetic toward Charles, at best.

Admittedly, there wasn't any real vitriol that I noted. But I think that is just indicative of the level of apathy. No one cares about the monarchy, and I'm not sure that is a good thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: