Royal Gossip
October 24, 2017, 05:04:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spanish Royal Family Booed in Events  (Read 8867 times)
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 01:22:55 pm »

Booed in Alcalá de Henares:

Video:

http://www.publico.es/454194/los-principes-de-asturias-abucheados-en-la-universidad-de-alcala-de-henares

Sidney
courtier

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 10:11:59 pm »

Letizia, booed in Lavapiés:

http://www.mujerdeelite.com/videos/?id=889

(Video, minute 1:10)

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 10:17:22 pm »

^ This time is so ironic/funny. There is no representation from the gov, she was not in an area where people want to be independent from Spain and people were even calling her a thief!  laugh This after palace saying that they consider the booing to be ill mannered but that it didn't bother them.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 10:36:27 pm »

Haha, yep, I love it when they say "It's not against us, it's against the system, and it certainly isn't against Felipe and Letizia 'case everyone's head over heels with them, you know??? Please, enough with this crap. She was booed. Big time.

CrystalEve
courtier

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 03:04:10 pm »

Haha, yep, I love it when they say "It's not against us, it's against the system, and it certainly isn't against Felipe and Letizia 'case everyone's head over heels with them, you know??? Please, enough with this crap. She was booed. Big time.

Seems that Europe's Royals popularity has taken a nose dive!

Royal popularity in general, is at an all time low.

What with abdications, passing the job over to younger family members. Perhaps hoping that such a move would enhance their image, in the eyes of the public.

Why, things are getting a bit desperate.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 03:40:22 pm »

True, my guess?
In 10 to 15 years we'll be talking about former royal families rather then reigning ones
I think the dutch danish swedish en maybe english one might pull trough
 but spain belgium norway? Not too sure..
Monaco doesnt matter that much, same with luxemburg.
But in case of the brf i think the scots will break away before the total collapse of the monarchy

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
berlin
Countess

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2013, 01:02:12 am »

No wonder she ran to Switzerland and is cutting down on her engagements; I would to if I was booed every time.  She really didn't know what she was signing up for!
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2013, 02:46:24 pm »

Prince of Asturias awards. Oh dear God.  laugh laugh Letizia's hometown sure loves her...  laugh laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfRrApcpcZM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLeFONqbNzU

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2013, 03:21:57 pm »

I think the protests are more towards the overall royal family (and government) than towards Letizia herself.

Keep in mind that a staggering amount of Spaniards are without a job. For the group under 30, 60% (!!!) is unemployed and they face a rather dim future and are at a risk of becoming a 'lost generation'; once the economy improves again, younger people will be hired sooner than they are, since they are older and thus have a higher minimum wage.

The protests against the government are widespread in Spain and the royal family are a visible representation of the 'powers that be' and thus more prone to be targetted in events like this. To put all the blame on Letizia is rather unfair. She and her husband have behaved much better than the King and the sister of the Prince of Asturias (Cristina) who was kept in the shade with the investigation into the fraud of her husband but I am sure she has known all along.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2013, 04:39:46 pm »

^I agree but you also have to consider that the press is saying that the Asturias couple is the hope of the future and have a good reputation. However, that they are booed in their biggest event and even more where Letizia comes from it shows that people do not consider them differently.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2013, 07:22:53 pm »

At this moment, the devastation and sheer hoplessness for many Spanish people is just so big that they would booe the pope if they felt he was part of the RF.
Félipe and Letizia are facing a 'guilty by association'-problem. Can you blame them for that? I don't think so. Queen Sofia is well respected by the people, for her person, for how she handled her marriage and yet she is booed as well.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2013, 11:43:18 pm »

I know (BTW the pope is already booed in Spain or at least the former pope was  tehe).

What I tried to explain is that they are booed in Asturias during this event is very interesting if we are considering their popularity/what kind of future they can expect.

As I said the press tried to sell the booing incidents as very rare happenings and that it did not touch the "heirs".

Well last year I was watching this prizes (?) in the national channel and the sound from the people protesting was so high that nothing else was heard. More interesting were the faces of the "heirs" as they didn't expect that to happen at all.

This year I watched it again (just the start the rest is so boooring) and they had taken off the sound from the protesters  laugh the journo on the national channel even sounded angry that someone dared to protest during this event.

Even if the economic crisis disappears (which will not but just as a supposition) the reputation of the SRF is besmirched and it will never be clean again. How the Cristina affair is being dealt shows that the RF hasn't learned anything. People will accept because we are used to this kind of thing but what about long term?

Sidney
courtier

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 09:43:17 pm »

I think the protests are more towards the overall royal family (and government) than towards Letizia herself.

Keep in mind that a staggering amount of Spaniards are without a job. For the group under 30, 60% (!!!) is unemployed and they face a rather dim future and are at a risk of becoming a 'lost generation'; once the economy improves again, younger people will be hired sooner than they are, since they are older and thus have a higher minimum wage.

The protests against the government are widespread in Spain and the royal family are a visible representation of the 'powers that be' and thus more prone to be targetted in events like this. To put all the blame on Letizia is rather unfair. She and her husband have behaved much better than the King and the sister of the Prince of Asturias (Cristina) who was kept in the shade with the investigation into the fraud of her husband but I am sure she has known all along.

Well... I'm Spanish so I unfortunately know about the current situation the country is in. I'm not putting all the blame on Letizia, I'm just saying that she was booed in Oviedo. Big time.

At this moment, the devastation and sheer hoplessness for many Spanish people is just so big that they would booe the pope if they felt he was part of the RF.
Félipe and Letizia are facing a 'guilty by association'-problem. Can you blame them for that? I don't think so. Queen Sofia is well respected by the people, for her person, for how she handled her marriage and yet she is booed as well.

Because the way the live and squander their country's money is OBSCENE. That's why they are booed. Are they responsible for the country's desperate situation? No, I agree with you on that one. Can/do they do anything to make things better? No. So, it turns out that we've got a bunch of subsidized slackers who live like multimillionaires at our expense and who can do nothing to solve our problems. And they don't deserve to be booed, insulted and yelled at? Please... And Letizia is the most disgusting of the bunch (IMHO). All the others were born into this. This is their normal. You can't ask them to see what a senselessness it all is. But Letizia? She was "one of us". She had a choice and she chose this. So, no: I don't feel a bit sorry for her.

This year I watched it again (just the start the rest is so boooring) and they had taken off the sound from the protesters  laugh the journo on the national channel even sounded angry that someone dared to protest during this event.

Ana Blanco! Hehe. I noticed that, too.

partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2013, 06:31:54 pm »

It was an organized protection, certain associations wanted a few minutes of glory, thus took advantage of the high profile event.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:42:03 pm by partygirl » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 06:04:28 am »

Letizia should be out and about doing her best to get jobs and connect with the people and work to make sure that money is flowing to the workers. She should be out making speeches and opening centers and fundraising for charity, not behaving like she is now. Frankly she's a disgrace.

Princess Di would be out and about raising money for charities and giving speeches to pep people up.

the devastation and sheer hoplessness for many Spanish people is just so big that they would booe the pope if they felt he was part of the RF.

Doubtful; the Spanish and people around the world have a deep and sincere respect for His Holiness and know that it's not the Pope's fault that there are problems in Spain.

Prince of Asturias awards. Oh dear God.  laugh laugh Letizia's hometown sure loves her...  laugh laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfRrApcpcZM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLeFONqbNzU

I'm shocked; not just the booing, but the obscene finger gestures and the overt borderline hatred.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 03:40:52 pm »

^
I agree. It was very crass behavior.

I am no fan of Letizia...now having said that...there are dark forces trying to destroy the entire culture of all of Western Europe , the monarchy is included in their many designs. These crafty dark forces are succeeding so far. Some Europeans have realized it. Most, perhaps and unfortunately, have not. It is happening here in the USA too.

Then He said, "Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 03:46:33 pm by Mon Roi Henry IX » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 03:52:13 pm »

^you mean the federal europe conspiracy...? Sometimes I believe we will really live in the orwellian world very soon.

terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 04:15:42 pm »

dark forces

...and here I thought they were busy building the Death Star. Who knew.  dontknow Reading things like this is an X-Files episode...Musings of Cigarette Smoking Man
Staff Member: "I'm working on next month's Oscar nominations, any preference?"
Cancer Man: "I couldn't care less. What I don't want to see is the Bills winning the Super Bowl. As long as I'm alive, that doesn't happen."
Staff Member: "Could be tough sir, Buffalo wants it bad."
Cancer Man: "So did the Soviets in '80."
Staff Member: "What are you saying, you rigged the Olympic hockey game?"
Cancer Man: "What's the matter? Don't you believe in miracles?"

easter-lol
Seems that Europe's Royals popularity has taken a nose dive!

Aww! That's just sad.

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 04:39:40 pm »

^you mean the federal europe conspiracy...? Sometimes I believe we will really live in the orwellian world very soon.

Alexandrine,yes , something like that. I cannot go further or I will be booted out of here as it is not 'politically correct' nowadays to say the truth about certain blatant facts.
What I can say though is that the goal is to destroy all that is truly European.
The base of what made and makes Europe beautiful---the moral, the religion, and the core traditions/heritage are the main targets. Not the only ones of course.

The other goals are to destroy the future of Europe. Ex: Having young educated people with no jobs, the allowance of corrupt politicians to stay in power, the chipping away little by little of the monarchy, the allowance/legalizing of the immorality, the license of crass behavior in t.v and public. The mocking of what Europeans always found to be sacred. Removing daily the heritage of Europe.

The final goal is to destroy Europe from within by these dark forces that are trying to obliterate that, they have not created---the arts, the music, the culture, the religion, the traditions/heritage.
They have European citizenship but they don't have a true love for Europe. They have not constructed, that, that is called 'Europe' nor  have they constructed Europe's heritage.They are only Europeans in 'name' not in heart & soul. Simply they have chosen not to assimilate nor to feel part of that heritage.

These very crafty dark forces are not obvious in some immediate way. They are the great chameleons of the planet.

"The real nature of the final goal was deliberately concealed and distorted; it was to be released in small doses, to condition those who would never have accepted it, until it would be too late for the whole process to be reversed" said a British professor .

berlin
Countess

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2013, 02:09:44 pm »

Yep, Mon Roi Henry IX.  And everywhere they exist there is no true peace.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: