Royal Gossip
September 24, 2017, 06:04:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spanish Royal Family Booed in Events  (Read 8756 times)
Sidney
courtier

« on: October 26, 2012, 09:12:28 pm »

At the Príncipe de Asturias Awards

And this was in Oviedo, her hometown. laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUlbcxJh1V9DAyHeha_oHc9g&v=EYd0co8xdXo&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GNCrugKXkmY

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 09:14:23 pm by Sidney » Logged

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 09:16:33 pm »

They looked so awkward, especially just when they had to enter because there was no sound of bagpipes.

Last night they were also booed, the best thing is that this time they cannot say that they were booing the PMs because they attended alone both times. There were also republican flags.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 09:21:33 pm »

Oh my god, Spain's Monarchy better do some pr work with the people. WOW That crowd sounds pissed!

[/URL]
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 09:28:18 pm »

With Spain being in such dire straits right now it is only normal that these things happen. These awards are an unacceptable boondoggle.

They looked so awkward, especially just when they had to enter because there was no sound of bagpipes.

Last night they were also booed, the best thing is that this time they cannot say that they were booing the PMs because they attended alone both times. There were also republican flags.

Were they? I didn't know about last night. To be honest, I don't care about these two (but the media keeps on shoving them down our throats). It's funny how they always "hide behind" Wert and try to deny the undeniable. Where was Wert today? Nowhere. And Mariano Rajoy? Nowhere. So, wether they like it or not, THEY were the ones being booed.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 09:41:17 pm »

^^ Well, Wert attended the awards but the republican flags were not about him! Yesterday people protested with banners where that had elephants on them  tehe

This it's not the first time they have been booed but the time it has been really public. Although TVE preferred not to report it at the time.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 10:33:02 pm »

Yes, Wert was at the awards but I meant when they were walking to the theatre. The booing was clearly aimed at them.

Sidney
courtier

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 11:58:17 am »

This video shows it all:

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/noticias/politica/una-concentracion-contra-los-recortes-marca-inicio-ceremonia-los-premios-principe-asturias-2235078

PS: The public service broadcasting (TVE) altered the volume so that the booing and jeering was drowned out by the bagpipes. Sad.

Sidney
courtier

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 02:03:38 pm »

About 50 people have 'welcomed' Prince Felipe with protest banners, shouts against the Royal Family and fifteen 'estelades' (catalan pro-independence flags) on his arrival to the City Council premises, where he started his visit to the region of Lleida (Pallars Jussà).

Video:

http://www.cuatro.com/noticias/sociedad/personas-reciben-Principe-abucheos_0_1586025359.html
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:40:15 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 07:41:32 pm »

I changed the name to make it more general.

The RF is an idiot, they are not going to make that part of Spain monarchic by going a couple of times a month there. It's ridiculous.

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 07:58:23 pm »

Thousands of people in Madrid have demonstrated against the Spanish monarchy, demanding the return of a democratically-elected head of state, in another blow for King Juan Carlos.

The march went through the centre of the Spanish capital on Sunday, which marked the 82nd anniversary of the establishment of Spain's last democratically-elected republic.

The republic was overthrown by an army uprising that led to a civil war and the 36-year military dictatorship of General Francisco Franco.

Franco appointed then Prince Juan Carlos as his successor as head of state, a job the royal took over as king upon the dictator's death in 1975.

The monarchy's popularity has slumped in recent months, with the 75-year-old king being criticised for going on a luxurious safari during Spain's financial crisis and a corruption scandal with links to royal family members.

"This monarchy was imposed on us by the dictatorship, therefore we consider it to be illegal,'' 45-year-old teacher Maria Ayuso said.

Criticism of the king, who oversaw Spain’s transition from dictatorship into a modern democracy, has increased in the past year after he broke his hip on an elephant-hunting trip in Botswana even though he was president of the Spanish branch of the World Wildlife Fund.

The king had to be flown back to Spain aboard a private jet for hospital treatment.

In an unprecedented act of royal contrition, Juan Carlos apologised, saying as he left the hospital: "I am very sorry. I made a mistake. It won't happen again.''

The king lost even more support when his daughter, Princess Cristina, was named as an official suspect in an alleged plot to embezzle public money.

The investigation centres on whether the 47-year-old princess' husband, Inaki Urdangarin, and his former business partner took advantage with her knowledge of their royal connections to funnel about 5 million euros in public funds, using companies and an allegedly non-profit institute they ran.

Neither Cristina nor Urdangarin have been charged, but both have been called to testify before an investigating magistrate.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2013/04/2013414182728336313.html
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 10:16:00 pm »

The Spanish Monarchy looks like they are really in bad shape. The public may decide ENOUGH!

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 10:18:54 pm »

wow it appears even in Al jazeera

though people usually demonstrate the 14th because it's the anniversary of the second republic. That time period was very divisive so no idea if it helps the republic cause or it harms it.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 10:21:43 pm »

Do you think the detractors will try to force King Juan Carlos to step down, then work at getting rid of the Monarchy completely?

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 10:31:30 pm »

that's the rumour. I've been told (by a person I know, not internet!) that there are some former politicians who are interested in being president...

a press article in a prominent newspaper said that the king is thinking about abdication which is big because it has always been said that he would be king for life. Depending on his health he will decide to continue or not.

However, losing power to his son will change so many things. I don't see it. Let's remember that this man betrayed his own family rules when he was proclaimed as king instead of his father. Will he let his son get the crown so easily?

It's also said that Felipe is easy to manipulate and even more if he has been helped by some factions to get the crown.

As I said the other day, I'm lost and I don't really know what will happen.

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 11:20:56 pm »

Well, Leti managed ot convince her to sneak her in behind his parent's (and that of the nation) back so Felipe looks like the dipwit type.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 01:50:54 am »

Well, Leti managed ot convince her to sneak her in behind his parent's (and that of the nation) back so Felipe looks like the dipwit type.

Is it just me or has he aged terribly since getting married.  Same way with Derf, err Fredrick, same with Baldo, what is it that these guys are doing to court such disaster. 
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 05:14:19 am »

Nahh... well yeah he is a dip that's not new news there.
These princes don't know the real world like their wives do & the wives play a different game in life then to them.
So the princes where pretty much pray to the predators (who are their current wives) vagina's & their way of words of manipulation.
That & the princes can boast and be able to show off their world to the glossy peasant eyed wives where they couldn't do with the nobility women which hurts these types of mens egos... amongst other things I could write.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 05:43:52 am »

The thing is, that these princes see their lifestyle as normal and these women don't. These women see the stuff for what it is, high priced cutting edge technology and the exquisite service, the perfectly tailored clothes, the endless mountain of money flowing like a river, the legendary jewels.

Is it just me or has he aged terribly since getting married.  Same way with Derf, err Fredrick, same with Baldo, what is it that these guys are doing to court such disaster.

Yes, he has aged horribly; he looks elderly.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Catrina
courtier

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 07:57:55 am »

Nahh... well yeah he is a dip that's not new news there.
These princes don't know the real world like their wives do & the wives play a different game in life then to them.
So the princes where pretty much pray to the predators (who are their current wives) vagina's & their way of words of manipulation.
That & the princes can boast and be able to show off their world to the glossy peasant eyed wives where they couldn't do with the nobility women which hurts these types of mens egos... amongst other things I could write.

It is so sad. These kinds of women are the reason why there are almost no more princes, gentlemen, or good families left in the world  bye
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 08:28:07 pm »

I fully agree; nice girls are bypassed in favor of tarts, or nice wives are left for secretaries.

This is why women need careers, to be able to take care of yourself in the event of no one marrying you or your husband leaving you.

Men letting other girls fight this stuff out is stupid mainly because we've all heard stories about women literally killing other women over men. So the smart ones avoid the fray, but at the same time, miss out on men who might make good husbands, but get snagged through a sex filled campaign.

I hope the monarchy does fall, if only to prevent Leti from becoming Queen of Spain.

I've noticed lately that all these monarchies are slipping, often a few years after it's clear that the Consorts want nothing to do with their fellow compatriots.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: