Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 12:08:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Madeleine Engaged To Chris O'Neill  (Read 18789 times)
tequiero
courtier

I like to move it, move it :):):)

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 02:57:59 pm »

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2012/10/25/world/europe/ap-eu-sweden-princess-madeleine.html?ref=news&_r=2&

Harry-ite #6
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 03:23:31 pm »

It's amazing what her parents said as opposed to what William's said.  When William and Kate announced their engagement it was "Wicked" (said only beacuse Camilla had just seen the play) and "They practiced long enough."  And with Madeline and Chris it's "We're so happy for them. Chris is every mother in law's dream."

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 03:26:39 pm »

Congrats to the couple thumbsup

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Grace
Countess

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 03:37:36 pm »

memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 06:09:31 pm »

celebration celebration

Congratulations! I am so happy for them. I wish them all the hapiness in the world easter-egg-basket

But, i read in a newspaper a few days ago that they were about to getting married because she was pregant (that she have already give up smoking and drinking). I don't know if it's true or not

Eben if she's pregnant, all that matters is her hapiness  loveshower

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

HC
Countess

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 06:19:57 pm »

Madeleine has been involved with someone with criminal connections. And her first fiancee had impregnated a colleague and tried to persuade her to an abortion.

But one can always change bad choices and make good choices.

And I suspect that Madeleine has done that. Finally made a good choice.  thumbsup
berlin
Countess

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 06:22:26 pm »

Wow, more great news!  I'm so happy for them.  I wonder if she'll follow her aunts footsteps and give up royal duties for a permanent life in NY?  I wouldn't blame her.  I'm so glad she gave up Jonas; it looks like she got someone way better.  I hope Carl Phillip does the same.   easter-bunny
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 06:23:16 pm »

HC, i had no idea her last relationship was so bad. Thanks for the information  Kiss  

I really wish her the best and i am dying to see her in her wedding dress. She's going to be the best bride  sigh

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

berlin
Countess

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 06:25:22 pm »

Swedish princess to marry hedge fund partner (TheStandard) Sweden's Princess Madeleine, the youngest child of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, is engaged to marry US-British businessman Chris O'Neill, the palace announced. “We are both extremely happy and delighted. It is a very special day for us,'' the 30-year-old princess said on the palace website, AFP reports. A wedding date has not been set, but it will take place sometime next summer, she said. The couple met in New York, where the princess has been living since April 2010 after a broken engagement to a Stockholm lawyer alleged by media to have cheated on her. She has been working there with the World Childhood Foundation, a charity for marginalized children set up in 1999 by her mother.
http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/hedge-fund-news-david-einhorn-carl-icahn-citigroup-25634/

Wow I love their engagement video, instead of it being with the press.  I like how personalized it is.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 06:50:22 pm »

I love their engagement video too. So sweet.  flirt

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 07:19:00 pm »

DM explains Eva (who is german BTW) and Charles

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2223019/Princess-Madeliene-Sweden-announces-engagement-British-American-banker-New-York-proposal.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Leila
Countess

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 08:43:35 pm »

I love their engagement video too. So sweet.  flirt
I think it's awful. Far too cheesy. hide
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 08:57:49 pm »

I have mixed feelings about the video - it is kinda cheesy but also different and sweet at the same time.

I am concerned for Maddie.  I'm very happy for her of course, and he seems to be genuinely in love with her, but she was badly burned before and now refers to Chris as her "soul mate".  Maybe it's me, the relationship cynic, but I've often seen a pattern of a young woman being swept off her feet by a charming man, who later turns out to be just as much of a jerk as the one who broke her heart before.  She seems absolutely smitten with him and I hope she isn't expecting too much.  She was ripe for the picking when she was on the rebound - there would have been a hint of desperation to be happy and loved.  The fact that her mother is overtly singing his praises also worries me - he may have also charmed her.

I also have to say I'm not impressed with the cigarette smoking by either of them.  I hope they quit soon.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 09:29:24 pm »

She does pick a similar type. Her last fiancee was in finance, from a family with money and charming.

I think, well I hope this guy Chris is with her because he loves her and not a socialclimber.
He's wealthy on his own, but I worry for her, she  seemed to bounce out of the broken engagement move to NYC and now she's engaged, I hope she is really sure this time.I wish them the best.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 10:29:03 pm »

PRİNCESS MADELEİNE AND CHRİS O'NEİLL LEAVE FROM SWEDEN FOR GO TO LONDON

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2012/10/princess-madeleine-and-chris-oneill.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
berlin
Countess

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 04:34:43 am »

i hope they stay in NY.  He doesn't look like the type to be pigeon-holed in Sweden.  I also hope that they have thoroughly discussed this possibility by now.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012, 12:30:29 pm »

I think it'll be homes or flats in London, NYC and Sweden.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012, 02:10:01 pm »

I would say they will stay on NY and spend time in Sweden from time to time.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 06:54:47 pm »

more about Chris http://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Blog/Monde/Actu/Chris-O-Neill-prince-ideal-441626/

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 07:16:56 pm »

I think she might want her children born in Sweden and possibly live mostly in Sweden first couple years after children born. Kids would be fluent in Swedish easier that way and close to grands for a bit? 

[/URL]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: