Royal Gossip
September 20, 2017, 12:01:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Madeleine Engaged To Chris O'Neill  (Read 19628 times)
Snokitty
Princess

« on: October 25, 2012, 06:25:43 am »

http://www.thelocal.se/44030/20121025/

Both the Aftonbladet and Expressen tabloids report that the couple exchanged engagement rings in New York about a month ago, but kept the engagement secret.

Royal Court spokesperson Bertil Ternert refused to comment on the reports, however, instead telling the TT news agency that an official announcement would be made later in the day on Thursday.

Expert on the royals, Sten Hedman, was not especially surprised by the news of the princess's engagement:

"It was pretty much expected. They have been living together after all. It would have been more of a surprise if they hadn't got engaged, " he said to news agency TT.

Chris O’Neill, who according to Swedish tabloids is a millionaire financial adviser who attended Columbia University, met Princess Madeleine mere months after she broke off her previous engagement to Jonas Bergström in 2010.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:49:06 am »

Congratulations Maddie!

I hope it works out well for her.  And that she wears a sparkly heirloom tiara.  And that all the usual Euro royals turn up, including the British foreign wedding officers, Edward and Sophie Wessex, in another of HM's tiaras.  Sophie, that is.   tehe

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
tequiero
courtier

I like to move it, move it :):):)

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 08:39:21 am »

http://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamiljen/aktuellahandelser/aktuellt2012oktoberdecember/prinsessanmadeleineochherrchristopheroneillforlovade.5.292a62ce13848168ac52a4e.html?state=showFolder&skip=2&sv.url=12.292a62ce13848168ac52a54&folderId=19.292a62ce13848168ac52a5a

http://www.kungahuset.se/pressrum/pressbilderprinsessanmadeleine.4.292a62ce13848168ac5295e.html?searchKey=category&searchQuery=&showImagesOnly=true

Harry-ite #6
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:49:45 am »

The American press will probably love it, a American marrying Sweden's lovely Princess Madeliene.
 loveshower

How long have they dated?

[/URL]
tequiero
courtier

I like to move it, move it :):):)

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:58:04 am »

AFAIR about two years.

Harry-ite #6
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 09:00:37 am »

^^^Nice photos.  I'm glad they waited until after the Luxembourg wedding to make the announcement.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:07:13 am »

TWITTER:

trinevillemann ‏@trinevillemann
IT'S OFFICIAL, palace confirms Madeleine of Sweden is getting married http://www.kungahuset.se/  

Queen Silvia has just confirmed Madeleine's engagement!!"Chris is every mother-in-law's dream. We are very happy," HM says.  loveshower

25 Oct 12 ·      
stunning engagement pic of Madeleine and Chris AND RING on Sweden's Aftonbladet's website http://www.aftonbladet.se/  

http://www.aftonbladet.se/

Official photo:
http://www.kungahuset.se/

@trinevillemann
Queen Silvia has just confirmed Madeleine's engagement!!"Chris is every mother-in-law's dream. We are very happy," HM says.   loveshower  loveshower  loveshower

[/URL]
beline
courtier

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 09:27:09 am »

yay! Another royal wedding! newyear
And probably with at least one white tie event, the Swedish Royal family loves them  2joy
Leila
Countess

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 09:59:33 am »

Oh wow. This is true. Shocked loveshower I hope this one works out for Maddie.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 10:05:48 am »

huh
TWITTER:
 ‏@RoyalCouturier
@rqskye thanks    I'm just a little sad this might mean there will be no huge royal wedding for her

RQ Skye ‏@rqskye
@RoyalCouturier Agreed. It's a shame. She'll probably do something smaller/simpler in NYC. Not thrilled w/her choice of husband, but whtevr.

huh

[/URL]
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 10:18:16 am »

Congrats Maddie and Chris - wonderful news - another great royal wedding to look forward to.
I agree Spice, Edward and Sophie will do us proud again.
 easter-bunny flower
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 10:33:44 am »

I'm not crazy about this, he seemed to be her rebound fling. It's like she needs to be in a relationship.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 10:44:39 am »

I agree,  He may be as nice as can be, but Madeliene seems bad at picking men. I wish them the best though and I hope it works out. He's American and a NY'r  and Madeliene is a Princess of Sweden, the U.S. Media will be all over the wedding, no matter where they marry.

Anyway, Congratulations....... flower
@trinevillemann
Queen Silvia has just confirmed Madeleine's engagement!!"Chris is every mother-in-law's dream. We are very happy," HM says.  loveshower  loveshower  loveshower

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:52:43 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Grace
Countess

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 10:47:57 am »

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 10:52:48 am »

They are going to marry in Sweden not in USA.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 10:53:55 am »

That's great.

The US media is going to love this, an American marries Royalty.  flower

[/URL]
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 11:54:21 am »

VIDEO of Madeliene and Chris speaking , they seem really happy.  flirt  loveshower

http://vimeo.com/52100073#

He has an accent, he sounds like he has lived on the Continent, maybe England for awhile?
It's nice he's trying to learn swedish. Very nice.

[/URL]
Leila
Countess

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 12:10:28 pm »

He grew up in England and went to boarding school in Switzerland. eating cookies

CV:

Christopher O’Neill was born on 27th June 1974 in London, England where he grew up with his parents, Eva Maria and Paul O’Neill. He is a dual citizen of both the United States of America and the United Kingdom and has five half-sisters: Tatjana, Natascha, Stephanie, Annalisa and Karen.

Christopher attended boarding school at the Institut auf dem Rosenberg in St. Gallen, Switzerland before obtaining a Bachelor degree in International Relations from Boston University. In addition, Christopher has a Masters in Business Administration from Columbia Business School in New York.

Having spent the past 16 years within the field of finance, working for financial firms such as NM Rothschild & Sons and Steinberg Asset management, Christopher is now a Partner and Head of Research at Noster Capital - an investment firm with offices in London and New York City.

Since his youth, Christopher has enjoyed a wide variety of sports and outdoor activities, such as downhill skiing, tennis and golf. Among his other passions are music, literature and Chelsea Football Club.

Paul O’Neill originally moved to London from his native New York in the 1960s to establish the European headquarters of Oppenheimer & Co – a New York-based investment bank. Paul O’Neill passed away in December 2004. His mother, Eva Maria O’Neill, is involved in numerous charitable organizations, with a particular focus on the cultural preservation of Salzburg, Austria.

Apparently his mother had an affair with PC in the late 80s. blink  She's also best friends with Ivana Trump.  His mum and Natascha, one of his half-sisters: http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/socialdiary/2006/10_06_06/images/1520--Eva-ONeill-with-daugh.jpg

It must be strange for Maddie to this engagement stuff (interview, pics etc) a second time.
beline
courtier

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 12:12:21 pm »

Chris was born in London and is a dual citizen of both US and UK.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 12:28:13 pm »

thankyou I like his accent.

[/URL]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: