Royal Gossip
May 26, 2017, 05:49:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Palace suddenly pushing Sophie instead....?  (Read 5116 times)
berlin
Countess

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »

So when the Queen loves Sophie that much, why was she pushe down in the "private bowing-order"? As I can remember Kate comes after the Yorks (because Andrew wanted it), but Kate comes before Sophie?  huh

Because, like Kate, Sophie only married into the royal family.  Plus she is only a Countess whereas Kate is a Duchess.  Duchess is higher than Countess.  The York girls were born into the royal family and are Princesses in their own right.  The blood royal always ranks higher than the married-ins.  I hope that I explained that well.  It can get a bit confusing at times.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 12:11:59 am »

Tiara Sophie wore to the Luxembourg wedding ?

http://tiara-mania.blogspot.no/2011/12/brazilian-aquamarine-tiara.html

[/URL]
berlin
Countess

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 04:23:20 am »

Yep that's the tiara!

Ya know, I can imagine the glowing report Sophie will give QEII about the bride and groom and how classy her family is.  When you think about it the Wills and Kate's wedding and the Middleton's are a disgrace to the nation.  I'm so glad the DM put a picture of Kate's wedding next to Stephanie because now people realize just how non-regal and non-royal the British one was.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 06:37:00 am »

Well, the palace is nothing if not subtle and the signals are sometimes difficult to truly decipher.

Since the scandal, Kate is now immured, yanked from attending the wedding, and apparently she is under complete lockdown while Sophie and Edward are now being restored to the rightful position as overseas ambassadors to the RF and with a new tiara on her head, obviously Sophie is getting shown more favor.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 06:42:13 am »

Are you sure that's the same tiara?  To me the one worn in Luxembourg was smaller and the shapes were more uniform.  It does look 1950s... I would love to find a photo of HM wearing it.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Anastasia
courtier

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 09:02:34 am »

I don´t think it´s the same tiara. The aquamarine is huge

Look at the link you posted, the Queen is wearing 3 different tiaras. I think Sophie´s is the little one on the right corner up, the one in the center is que Aquamarine, the one on the left, I dont know.

Sophie

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/britain/4763b484322af215c984c043fa247f1a.jpg

Queen

Anastasia
courtier

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 09:10:30 am »

Aha!  Sophie at the Luxembourg wedding, for the first time ever she is at a public event wearing a different tiara to her wedding tiara, and, it's on loan from HM!  Same goes for the necklace.

HM communicates in symbols.  She is reminding everyone how much she loves Sophie.  And that Sophie does not strip off for photographers while on holiday.

I love Sophie.  And, thank God she didn't wear the same tiara.  13 years I've been waiting!

But Sophie wore another tiara for the coronation of Albert of Monaco

http://theroyalpost.com/2012/03/28/wessex-aquamarine-and-diamond-tiara/
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 12:26:55 pm »

Are you sure that's the same tiara?  To me the one worn in Luxembourg was smaller and the shapes were more uniform.  It does look 1950s... I would love to find a photo of HM wearing it.

Look at the photo of the Queen wearing it in the small photo, to the side below the large image, she is wearing the tiara the Sophie wore to the wedding

http://tiara-mania.blogspot.no/2011/12/brazilian-aquamarine-tiara.html In 1971 it was adapted to include four scroll ornaments taken from another smaller tiara given to Queen Elizabeth by the Governor of Sao Paulo in 1968.

All from the Brazillian's as a gift and lovely, I must say.  thumbsup
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:32:44 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 12:28:42 pm »

They are two different tiaras, they are all from a brazilian gift.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 03:06:50 pm »

Aha!  Sophie at the Luxembourg wedding, for the first time ever she is at a public event wearing a different tiara to her wedding tiara,

But Sophie wore another tiara for the coronation of Albert of Monaco

http://theroyalpost.com/2012/03/28/wessex-aquamarine-and-diamond-tiara/

You're quite right, thank you for pointing out the other tiara.  I must have been so tired of the wedding tiara I thought it was worn every time instead of most of the time.

I love seeing the royal ladies in tiaras, and this wedding has been a tiara extravaganza!  I also found a photo of Diana wearing the necklace Sophie wore - it's called the King Faisal of Arabia necklace and was given to HM in the late 60s. English Sophie wore a Brazilian tiara and an Arabian necklace to the wedding of a Belgian Countess  in Luxembourg.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 03:19:36 pm »

Sophie has used four tiaras, possibly only two of them are her personal property. Apart from the wedding tiara, she has used a flower tiara that is considered a loan from a jeweller, the aquamarine tiara that seems to be hers and the one she used at this wedding which is nearly 100% a loan from the Queen.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 03:58:13 pm »

It's nice the Queen loans Sophie these jewels and quite nice that she has two tiaras which seem to be hers as personally given from the Queen( not sure what would happen with the wedding tiara and the second tiara with the center aquamarine stone(or blue topaz?, if she left the royal family, just wondering if they would let her keep them, like Sarah was allowed to keep her wedding tiara which was purchased for her.) Sophie's wedding tiara being made of clips from the Queen's private collection, I have always wondered if that woud revert back to the Crown or if it was a gift to outright upon her wedding day and hers to keep? 

She carries those blue stones well, imo.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:02:18 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 08:27:00 pm »

Photo of the Queen and Sophie wearing the same aquamarine tiara.

http://www.thetudorswiki.com/page/More+British+Royal+Tiaras

[/URL]
jaggy
courtier

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012, 02:37:06 pm »

So when the Queen loves Sophie that much, why was she pushe down in the "private bowing-order"? As I can remember Kate comes after the Yorks (because Andrew wanted it), but Kate comes before Sophie?  huh

Because, like Kate, Sophie only married into the royal family.  Plus she is only a Countess whereas Kate is a Duchess.  Duchess is higher than Countess.  The York girls were born into the royal family and are Princesses in their own right.  The blood royal always ranks higher than the married-ins.  I hope that I explained that well.  It can get a bit confusing at times.

Well, I understand that born royals are higher ranked in the order in privacy than married in. But I got the impression that the Queen can rank the ladies in the private ranking the way she wants without looking at duchess or countess titles. So even though Sophie is "only" a countess, I think she could have been put one rank above duchess Kate in that order due to age and the time she has been belonged to the family. Don't get it, why the Queen decided that way  huh

Nevertheless, Lazy has already shown us that she never follows protocoll. No cutsey to Princess Anne when she was without William at the Olympic Closing ceremony, no walking one-step-behind William on their Asia tour, no, she preferred greating people first, and so on...
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2012, 03:06:27 pm »

From what I recall just after the wedding, Kate is ranked higher than Sophie's when William is with her, but when Sophie is with Pr.Edward ,and Kate is alone Sophie has the higher rank, being married to the Queen's son, while Kate is married to the Queen's grandson, even though he is heir to Throne, alone without William, Kate's rank falls below the Queen's direct children's spouses, was what one columnist wrote at the time of the wedding...............but that may have all changed with the Blood Princesses reports which the Queen made known.

It's all confusing, to me anyway..

[/URL]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: