Royal Gossip
May 27, 2017, 08:26:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Palace suddenly pushing Sophie instead....?  (Read 5117 times)
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« on: October 19, 2012, 01:48:07 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2220128/Smiling-Sophie-dons-camouflage-gear-hard-hat-oversee-Countess-Wessex-Cup-military-skills-competition.html

Just wondering if the Palace is pushing Sophie as a alternative to Kate, because suddenly the Daily Mail who usually HATES Sophie has had three basically positive articles about her in a week, that's just not done with the Daily  Mail usually where Sophie is concerned.

[/URL]
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 02:01:07 pm »

They might be aware TitKat is losing popularity fast and will not sell as many papers.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 04:57:03 pm »

Well it would be wise on their part...
JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 07:43:19 pm »

^ But for how long will they keep that up Jane. The DM is so fickle its unreal

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 08:26:09 pm »

This is the sort of woman that should represent the royal family. Lets hope that this is the new direction of the royal family because they'll have to reinvent themselves as being in touch with the people. Waity and her fakeness just doesn't cut it.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 08:41:42 pm »

^ ITA

I guess the Queen wanted to show Charles that he needed the rest of the royals when he was just wanting to showcase his little family. After the Summer I wonder if Charles learned anything.

The York Sisters and Sophie have so much more class than Kate ever will have.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 08:45:49 pm »

^ But for how long will they keep that up Jane. The DM is so fickle its unreal

Probably Until Kate comes out again.  Shocked

I'm shocked that the DMail is letting mostly positive comments in for Sophie and several are putting down Kate too.

Yes Pr.Charles has to realize one day that he is going to need some of his extended family in the future. He can't just depend on his offspring and their spouses. I think Kate will be living in LA by then anyway.  tehe

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 10:26:43 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2220128/Smiling-Sophie-dons-camouflage-gear-hard-hat-oversee-Countess-Wessex-Cup-military-skills-competition.html

Just wondering if the Palace is pushing Sophie as a alternative to Kate, because suddenly the Daily Mail who usually HATES Sophie has had three basically positive articles about her in a week, that's just not done with the Daily  Mail usually where Sophie is concerned.

Well, the DM can't really bash Sophie without bashing the military (this is a military engagement after all) and at the moment, Kate is in lockdown until later on when she can be sent somewhere serious and be taken seriously, which won't be for a long time. Second, Kate and William have delivered more than enough slaps in the face to the military via William shirking his duties/using them as an excuse and soldiers are not gentlemen all the time. All it takes is one smirk at Kate and it's humiliation.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 07:40:51 am »

Aha!  Sophie at the Luxembourg wedding, for the first time ever she is at a public event wearing a different tiara to her wedding tiara, and, it's on loan from HM!  Same goes for the necklace.

HM communicates in symbols.  She is reminding everyone how much she loves Sophie.  And that Sophie does not strip off for photographers while on holiday.

I love Sophie.  And, thank God she didn't wear the same tiara.  13 years I've been waiting!

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
FrillyKnickers
gossip insider

So many heads, so many wits.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 08:06:57 am »

I'm AMAZED that people on this board STILL BELIEVE that the DM thinks on their own free will! hello
What I mean is, haven't we guessed by NOW that The DM has been bought by BP and TRF?  shifty
They don't "choose" crap on their own.

Wake up folks and start putting things together:

This year, during the Olympic run, wasn't The Editor of The DM a torch bearer at the summer olympics? Out of ALL of the amazing people in The UK/Commonwealth that could've done it, why him?  huh

Then, a while back, HM had a press luncheon at BP or WC, and I believe I remember a journalist listing Th DM as one of many invited guests... sly

I'm trying to find sources... spy
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 08:09:39 am »

The Palace can push Sophie all it likes but in the end she is a minor royal and Kate is the future Queen - in the end it will be Kate with the full State funeral, it will be Kate's descendents on the throne while Sophie will disappear from the memory of most people like the younger children and their spouses of Queen Victoria or George V's daughter or Edward VII's daughters.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 08:20:30 am »

IF the monarchy lasts as long; no one thought the French monarchy, the very grand French monarchy could be overthrown and same with the Russian monarchy, for all the instability. It's not like there isn't a solid Republican movement that is easily gaining ground and I do not think that William will hang on for long.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 08:52:44 am »

@ meememe You are assuming Kate will last that much ...Sophie is here forever ...Kate well I doubt it  sigh.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 09:28:05 am »

The current Queen was once considered a minor Royal, her father was the Duke of York with no intention of ever being on the Throne. IMO There is no such thing really as a minor Royal, even if they don't take the Throne, I would never consider a son(Pr.Edward) who's mother is the Queen, a minor, I think it's just something the British press used to put down anyone who isn't the heir to the Throne.

Sophie will be buried as a Royal,with the Queen's son, even if Kate gets a state funeral, so in the end both will be placed with Royalty.

I can't see Kate and William lasting a lifetime, I think she's his first wife but not his only wife, but we shall see. I'm not even sure Kate will be around long enough to become Princess.  bored3

[/URL]
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 01:44:18 pm »

I also think Sophie is a keeper and Kate isn't.

The Queen has been sending messages since Kate got naked on the balcony. I think W&K are in trouble with the Queen. They sure made William start doing something after they found out he lied about working just so he could Holiday in France. I notice the palace didn't come out and blame the paparazzi for Kate getting naked outside.

Sophie is the obvious senior royal to start showcasing.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 02:35:05 pm »

Sophie was wearing yet another Tiara, from the Queen's collection, someone on Twitter said it was once worn by the Queen. Also the other jewelry she had on was said to be something from the Queen's collection also, not sure what it was. I think the Queen sends messages sometimes loud and clear without saying a word.

[/URL]
berlin
Countess

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 06:44:17 pm »

Message understood and duly noted.  I'm not sure by Kate though.  We'll see.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 06:49:53 pm »

I do agree with Meememe. Although I also think that the younger children are playing against Charles.

It's obvious that the Queen appreciates Sophie like Serene says Sophie used for the wedding a tiara from the collection, a diamond necklace that Diana also used and pearl earrings from the Queen.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
jaggy
courtier

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 08:25:03 pm »

So when the Queen loves Sophie that much, why was she pushe down in the "private bowing-order"? As I can remember Kate comes after the Yorks (because Andrew wanted it), but Kate comes before Sophie?  huh
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 09:36:15 pm »

Sophie is the Queen's favourite princess, and Louise is the grandchild she spends the most time with.  We're talking not just weekly contact but daily.  They are all horse-mad.  Sophie is also into military history so she and the Queen hang out together and talk battles and uniforms I suppose.  They live quite close to each other at Windsor.

I don't consider any of the Queen's children or their spouses "minor" royals.  I use that term for the likes of Lord Nicholas Windsor or Princess Michael of Kent.

I cannot see Kate lasting longer than 10 years in the BRF, and that's my conservative estimate.  It remains to be seen whether she will even have children with William, let alone outlive HM and PC while still married to him.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: