Royal Gossip
July 27, 2017, 01:49:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could There Be A Divorce?  (Read 6408 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: October 19, 2012, 10:40:07 am »

Is it possible that of Letizia wanted out, that she could get a divorce from Felipe?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 11:43:14 am »

If she really wanted to, they probably wouldn't be able to stop her, but King Juan Carlos would probably see to it that she was blocked off from all higher social -Aristo life in Spain , she'd be a outcast.

Sometimes I think Felipe came too easily to her, so she just doesn't appreciate what she has, with this life and all he has given her by marrying her. She probably gazes at tv anchors and thinks how lucky they are to be in a newsroom working, living their lives as their own, whether married, single, children or not. I think Felipe should have made her wait, about three years to marry and see what her personality was like.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:48:43 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 10:10:16 pm »

I think a minimum of five years should be the proper time for any courtship; I get suspicious about people who want to rush things like marriage.

so she just doesn't appreciate what she has, with this life and all he has given her by marrying her.

She's an ingrate; she had a fabulous career and didn't like it, let a PRINCE fight for her, now she has it and isn't happy. SHE should have been the one to prove herself, not the other way around.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 07:14:50 am »

^KF, 5 years isn't very practical - a woman could have a couple of 5 year courtships that don't lead to marriage and kids, and then find her biological clock has gotten away on her.  A sensible, mature person should be able to make a good decision after about 2 years, IMO.

Do we know how long Letizia and Felipe's relationship was, before the engagement?

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 07:38:34 am »

Who knows what may be causing her 'depression'. She may be feeling 'trapped' for one reason or another. Except we are in there with her, we will never know. We all know that things are not always what they seem.  I always advocate divorce as the last option, usually in my experience most marriages can be saved if the two people involved are see divorce as "no option". They must then both be willing to put their ego, sense of entitlement / "you ought to be grateful for all I,ve done for you" aside and be honest and prepared to do whatever its takes to make it work. Oh and tell all 3rd parties to butt out.

But I don't think anyone should stay in a marriage out of fear of what they stand to lose!

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
Anastasia
courtier

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 09:06:14 am »

^KF, 5 years isn't very practical - a woman could have a couple of 5 year courtships that don't lead to marriage and kids, and then find her biological clock has gotten away on her.  A sensible, mature person should be able to make a good decision after about 2 years, IMO.

Do we know how long Letizia and Felipe's relationship was, before the engagement?

That is the million dollar question. Where, when and how did they meet. The press doesn talk about what the king doesn´t want. If all the rumors about this family are true they are not Borbones but Corleones.  sly sly
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:07:56 am by Anastasia » Logged
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 09:37:17 am »

It was a quick romance, months ,  I've heard in 4 to 6months after meeting her he was ready to marry. She was living with and dating a guy at the newsroom she worked at when she interviewed Felipe or met Felipe. When Felipe showed interest, she made quick change of the guy she had been dating,living with and became a item with Felipe, from what I've heard, but they kept it secret, only a few people knew he was even seeing her and those that did NEVER saw her as a serious contender, being in the tv industry and being previously married(to her former teacher) No one really saw Letizia coming, when he announced the engagement I heard the gasp all the way in America on Telemudo channels. One called her Mrs.Simpson because she was a divorcee, it was not roundly welcomed engagement EVEN IF some now try to say it was, it wasn't. Felipe's proposal to Letizia was considered shocking it really was.
A divorcee, tv news reporter, marrying the Heir to the Throne of Spain. WOW

He had to threaten his parents with stepping down from the Throne to get the marriage. They gave in basically, because who knew what else Felipe would bring home if they didn't go along with this marriage. IMO He was totally rebelling because he couldn't have EVA, now he was saying I'm going to have this lady so what if she's not aristo and been married before and is on our tv screens every night.

Her career was her only saving grace when he married her, they used that to build her up because the rest of her life was not really a plus, even the mystery yrs in Mexico is not really completely known, that nude painting is still questionable IMO. It could have just been a artist with a crush on her while she lived in Mexico, but who knows for real, since so much has been whitewashed with her?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:43:20 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 09:39:29 am »

Who knows what may be causing her 'depression'. She may be feeling 'trapped' for one reason or another.

She might feel trapped, but she didn't go into this from being shipped in from a convent and into the wedding bed, she had a full life and a full career and apparently had a lot going for her. There is little to no reason that she didn't know what she was getting into.

They must then both be willing to put their ego, sense of entitlement / "you ought to be grateful for all I,ve done for you" aside and be honest and prepared to do whatever its takes to make it work.

I don't think Felipe has all that much more he can sacrifice unless he gives up what he has been trained for (and knows no other life) and he did fight for her. It's not entitlement or ego on his part, it's just a fact. Besides he still has his throne and two healthy kids in his life, which is a lot more than most.

always advocate divorce as the last option, usually in my experience most marriages can be saved if the two people involved are see divorce as "no option". Oh and tell all 3rd parties to butt out.

Well, there is going to be some third party involvement, this isn't the two of them, this is about the monarchy and JC & Sofia have every right to know what is going on. It's the business of the nation and in a family sense, the kids are being affected by this sort of thing.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:42:21 am by Kuei Fei » Logged

JuneBug
Countess

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 11:17:10 am »

Well, there is going to be some third party involvement, this isn't the two of them, this is about the monarchy and JC & Sofia have every right to know what is going on. It's the business of the nation
I hear you KF but when I say that 3rd parties should butt out I meant that in the resolution of their issues he should try and keep what should be secret secret. It is not EVERYTHING that one’s parent should know about the goings on in one’s marriage (Royal or otherwise) and ultimately since the goal is a healthy and happy marriage then it shouldn't matter if they keep everyone out and go about it in a way that will dignify both of them since the end product will be for the good of all concerned - the nation and the family as a whole. Imo, they may be royals but his parents should stay OUT as much as possible and let them only discuss their intimate marital issues with objective third parties who are trained to help.  Interference by relatives on either side almost always cloud issues. It’s as simple as that

In addition, as we cannot know EXACTLY what is going on, there will be specifics that we as outsiders cannot know about.

She might feel trapped,... but there is little to no reason that she didn't know what she was getting into.
How many times has EVERY ONE of us thought they had a good idea of what something is all about, only to get in and find out otherwise. We all know things are never what they seem at first. NEVER. In fact when one hankers over something too intensely there is every chance that a sense of anti-climax will set in afterwards

I don't think Felipe has all that much more he can sacrifice unless he gives up what he has been trained for (and knows no other life)

You are probably right since I am only beginning to follow them really but I will still say this-  we are looking in from the outside so  we cannot know EXACTLY what is going on,  there will be specifics that we as outsiders cannot know about. 

and he did fight for her.

Is he STILL fighting for her  or is it a case of now that he has her,  in PRIVATE he is going about his business and wondering what the matter is wrong with her or worse he is being impatient with her ( I don't know, am just wondering aloud)

Anyway I know one thing for sure and that is - IF they BOTH parties want this to work there is ALWAYS things that they can BOTH do differently.

“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humour.” ~Unknown
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 11:20:09 am »

Even people on twitter who are staunch monarchists are commenting today on the look of "something going on" with Felipe and Letizia , both look unhappy, imo, but it could be that they just have their "dignified faces on" for this part of the wedding ceremony.

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 12:15:07 pm »

Felipe looked horrifically miserable at times.

Is he STILL fighting for her  or is it a case of now that he has her,  in PRIVATE he is going about his business and wondering what the matter is wrong with her or worse he is being impatient with her ( I don't know, am just wondering aloud)

How much more can he do?

He fought for her because he wanted ot marry her, but he can't keep fighting her battles, her problems, and her difficulties. It would be one thing if indeed it were the occasional thing, but he has only so much energy and only so much strength. SHE is supposed to be supportive of him, not the other way around in this marriage.

If he's impatient now, maybe he is because he has done all he humanly can and now it's her turn to carry herself.

berlin
Countess

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 01:02:03 pm »

Well I guess this is sort of like William and Kate. 
Spice
Countess

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 10:42:19 pm »

...  I always advocate divorce as the last option, usually in my experience most marriages can be saved if the two people involved are see divorce as "no option". They must then both be willing to put their ego, sense of entitlement / "you ought to be grateful for all I,ve done for you" aside and be honest and prepared to do whatever its takes to make it work. Oh and tell all 3rd parties to butt out.

But I don't think anyone should stay in a marriage out of fear of what they stand to lose!

I generally agree with your approach, except in cases of adultery.  IMO if someone was prepared to wander once, there is a good chance they will do it again.  I could never trust a spouse after they cheated on me.  No second chances.

A marriage cannot be saved if one of the parties sees divorce as an option, or if they will not place their spouse ahead of everyone else in their life.

Back to Letizia - I doubt that the SRF could really take her kids away from her on divorce.  This is not the 1950s, even in Spain.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 01:01:48 am »

Maybe Felipe is a terrible husband and he is what is making Letizia miserable.   dontknow

His Dad has been a terrible husband.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 02:35:26 am »

Well, in the case of courtship, to me, if you are falling hard and falling fast, do a background check and make it your business to find out all you can. I mean, this is YOUR LIFE and FUTURE on the line and really, past behavior can mean future actions (in many cases not naturally) and I wonder if he might have done things differently if he knew all there was to know about her, before he got engaged and Leti thougth fit to enlighten him about her past.

Second, if he is so terrible, how on earth did she not hear about any undesirable personality traits? She's no convent bred child bride. I don't think Felipe is to blame for any mental problems hse is having right now. It's not the fault of the spouse of a spouse is mentally ill. His dad has been a chauvinistic pig, but Sofia didn't really have all that much say in her life. Leti has and she wasn't forced into this like Sofia was (likely). Besides, Carlos has had to be a fighter and he has fought for his country.

Royal men (and women) do not get and stay where they are because they are gutless doormats to personal saints.

Spice
Countess

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 06:50:56 am »

It's not the fault of the spouse of a spouse is mentally ill.

And it's not the fault of the ill person either.  Mental illness is nobody's fault.  It's not self inflicted either.  Would you look for someone to blame if she had arthritis?

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 08:38:42 am »

Maybe my view is colored in that I have had dysfunctional parents.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 12:39:00 pm »

Well, in the case of courtship, to me, if you are falling hard and falling fast, do a background check and make it your business to find out all you can. I mean, this is YOUR LIFE and FUTURE on the line and really, past behavior can mean future actions (in many cases not naturally) and I wonder if he might have done things differently if he knew all there was to know about her, before he got engaged and Leti thougth fit to enlighten him about her past.

Second, if he is so terrible, how on earth did she not hear about any undesirable personality traits? She's no convent bred child bride. I don't think Felipe is to blame for any mental problems hse is having right now. It's not the fault of the spouse of a spouse is mentally ill. His dad has been a chauvinistic pig, but Sofia didn't really have all that much say in her life. Leti has and she wasn't forced into this like Sofia was (likely). Besides, Carlos has had to be a fighter and he has fought for his country.

Royal men (and women) do not get and stay where they are because they are gutless doormats to personal saints.

Letizia wanted the Social position, imo, she would have crawled over everyone in he newsroom if it would have brought her Pr.Felipe. She is a ambitious woman and wanted the top tier spot when the opportunity presente itself. She probably didn't even care if Felipe was in love or not. IMO(I believe he loved her when he proposed, but it was also wrapped up in his determination to rebell against the Palace and press in some ways, who would not let him bring Eva into marriage and also who were saying he MUST marry an Aristocrat for years. He was determined to "show them" he would do what he wants.) IMO

Now he looks a bit tightly wound,at times. I am not sure that he is happy.

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 10:31:44 pm »

Just like William, eh?

would not let him bring Eva into marriage and also who were saying he MUST marry an Aristocrat for years. He was determined to "show them" he would do what he wants.) IMO

Now he looks a bit tightly wound,at times. I am not sure that he is happy.

Now he's aged before his time, looks like a heap of misery, looked like he was about to burst into tears at the Luxembourg wedding and he has a mess of a wife.

partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 03:55:52 am »

I thought Felipe looked hot with his beard. Any royal woman can marry the woman he really wants to marry, actually they all did. At the end Felipe saw lots of disavantages of marrying Eva who often looked like an airhead and had never known what was going on in Spain. Felipe has lots of hard work in front of him and ahead of him with the current political and economical disasters in Spain, his own family mess with brother-in-law's rruption, his parents' marital mess, all these Leti is the only strong supporter for him.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: