Royal Gossip
December 17, 2017, 11:35:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Caroline  (Read 45303 times)
sweetnbyrisk
royal watcher

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 09:28:43 pm »

Growing up, I was fascinated by the gorgeous, rebellious, dark haired Princess Caroline. She epitomized "cool" to me. I felt sorry for her when her marriage failed, her mother died, then her second husband was killed and she seemed unable to emerge from mourning. And I think she spent a lot of hands on time with her then three kids after their dad's death. She moved them all out of Monaco and tried her best to give them a "normal" life.

Then along came Prince Ernst and I lost so much respect for Caroline. I remember reading a Vanity Fair article called "The Princess and the Pee" and wondered what on earth she saw in this creepy guy who seemed so nasty and uncouth. I also thought it was horrible going after a good friend's husband. The article addressed that, too, quoting a friend as saying she found Caroline "terrifying" b/c of the "cold, focused way she goes after anything she wants--and then gets it too!"

I know Ernst has moved on with a new galpal and am somewhat surprised Caroline is not seeking a divorce. Would she lose her title if they divorced? Even so, I always saw her as a very proud woman and can't imagine she's thrilled about being usurped in her husband's affections by a younger version of her. Although, I think Ernst is a walking timebomb healthwise. He's nearly died at least once from severe pancreatitis and though warned not to drink and smoke continues to do both--heavily.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 10:03:59 pm »

She loses the HRH.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sweetnbyrisk
royal watcher

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2013, 05:34:57 pm »

And there's my answer.... Thanks, Alexandrine!  thankyou
rainbow
courtier

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 05:52:15 pm »

Just saw on her wiki page that she dated mark shand, camilla's brother.  Is this true? 
dianab
Countess

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 08:50:40 pm »

Are There Castles In The Sky?

If something is worth doing, it’s worth doing well. For the last eighteen months, Pringle of Scotland and Central Saint Martins have worked on a project about Hitchcock’s favourite movie star, the Princess of Monaco, Grace Kelly.

Princess Grace was the subject of a major exhibition at the V&A in 2010, which ran with the pull quote: “The thing that made her stand out is what we call ‘style’,” from McCall’s magazine in 1955. The public image of Grace Kelly was as a real life Cinderella, her nation’s aspiration, wearing gowns little girls dreamt of, and climbing white marble steps to her fairytale palace. Enlisting the help of Grace’s eldest daughter, HSH Princess Caroline, the Central Saint Martins BA Fashion and History students recently set about presenting another side of Princess Grace, the woman and mother, who in her private life wore trousers (illegal in France until February 2013), glasses and knitwear. Pringle of Scotland knitwear.

Last spring, i-D flew to Monaco, the land of fast cars, real tans and boats bigger than the sky, to meet the BA students and visit their small but perfectly formed exhibition about the Princess at the Nouveau Musée National de Monaco, curated under HSH Princess Caroline’s eye. From super-8 footage of the royal family on holiday and at home, to collections of Grace’s glasses and headdresses, Princess Caroline granted more access than anyone really expected.
http://i-donline.com/2013/03/are-there-castles-in-the-sky/

I   pinkheart pinkheart pinkheart pinkheart the Caroline talking!!! flirt
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:54:45 pm by dianab » Logged
sweetnbyrisk
royal watcher

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2013, 01:32:08 am »

OK, we have the reason why Princess Caroline chooses to remain married to that scummy husband of hers. She loses her HRH if they divorce. Now what about Ernst? He's got another relationship going and heck he's already divorced one wife so why not lose Caroline? What's HIS motivation to stay married? dontknow
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2013, 10:37:08 am »

If Ernst wants out, Caroline would puke her heart out. She ruined lives because of her actions and the HRH is what soothes her conscience at night.

As for Charlotte, I wonder how Princess Pious will feel if Charlotte is indeed pregnant out of wedlock.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2013, 01:33:35 pm »

She was pregnant out of wedlock twice so she can hardly claim the moral high ground.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2013, 04:28:56 pm »

I fully agree.

I find it amazing how when she was young, she had a lot of princes and nobles at her fingertips, but out of spite she married Junot and then spent the rest of her life running around wild and then ended up with nobles who were either married or uninterested in her.

Then to get her HRH, she had to steal a husband who was married to someone she was supposed to be friends with.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2013, 01:46:00 am »

Caroline is a complicated woman. Actually, all the Grimaldis are a complicated bunch. For better or for worse, they do try their best to keep a semblant of dignity and happy family. I think the biggest problem for all three children is that they seem to have the worst luck in looking for love in all the wrong places. Even when they behave badly, it's almost impossible not to feel sorry for them for that reason. They fall but they always keep their heads high in spite of it all.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2013, 09:06:40 pm »

Yeah, I still like Caroline, and all the Grimaldi's, in spite of their charades. I like Albert, because he seems like he has good manners, and is relatively down to earth. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2013, 05:29:32 am »

Break-Up Rumors, Is Princess Caroline of Monaco Single Again?

Earlier this week news reports surfaced that Princess Caroline of Monaco, 56, and her partner had split up. Is the Monegasque princess really single again?

http://en.mediamass.net/people/princess-caroline-of-monaco/break-up.html

D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2013, 09:11:51 am »

They do live separate lives, that I can tell you that much in this public forum.
But divorce after what she has done to get him & knows that he does cheat on his ex wife/ her former "best friend".
Caroline as well as his ex wife Chantal Hochuli (unbeknownst to her (Chantal)  that he would divorce) have accepted his infidelities & it they didn't leave so.... why now would Caroline leave? What made her think that he wouldn't do the same to her with younger girls saying the same sweet nothing to them like he did the Caroline.
Leti & Felipe live separate lives as well... & she ain't leaving, so now what....
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2013, 11:46:25 am »

You never know; I wonder how long Caroline can handle this constant slap in the face and if Ernst ends up deciding he wants out, then what is stopping him? Karma does come around and it's not like Caroline is immune to the possibility of Ernst deciding that one of his younger models would make a better wife.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2013, 01:39:47 pm »

^She gets the HRH, he gets money. They are not going to divorce and their daughter is still a minor.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2013, 07:40:30 pm »

You never know; I wonder how long Caroline can handle this constant slap in the face and if Ernst ends up deciding he wants out, then what is stopping him? Karma does come around and it's not like Caroline is immune to the possibility of Ernst deciding that one of his younger models would make a better wife.

Let see if it happens KF but I agree with Alex though... so yeah.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2013, 11:47:23 am »

What do you guys think of Caroline's chances of becoming Princess of Monaco? She is seasoned at being a hostess, but I think she would be in over her head as a ruling Princess; at the same time, I am sure she's been actively grooming Andrea to take over and I think Tatiana's pregnancy has ended her dreams of a truly regal match for him. I wonder how she genuinely feels about Charlotte's pregnancy and impending marriage to Gad. There was every reason to believe Charlotte would end up with a titled match and be married in a regal Catholic High Nuptial Mass with a high ranking church official presiding.

Charlotte would wear a tiara and wear a princess-like white gown and it's in a way, the same dream for Andrea. Her son would marry a well bred bride and Caroline would go all out to ensure it would be an extravaganza. Tatiana is rich, but probably not what Caroline had in mind in terms of a bride of her son, the heir presumptive of becoming Prince of Monaco. Go figure, now only Pierre is left to do the family proud and he isn't even able to succeed when Andrea marries because Sacha will be his heir, legitimized after the marriage. It's all coming apart for Caroline, at least in terms of her dynastic dreams.

carolmr
gossip insider

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 05:45:48 pm »

I read that Ernst was in line to the throne of Great Britain but relinquished that when he married a Catholic, Caroline.  However, their daughter, Alexandra, is being raised Protestant and is still in line to the British throne, however far down the line she may be. 
CrystalEve
courtier

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2013, 10:52:19 pm »

Looks like such an adorable, little cutie! flower
dianab
Countess

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2013, 04:30:24 am »

flower Caroline & Family leaving hospital after Pierre was born. 1987 flower
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: